Star Scientific.

• Hero hydrogen will create a new industrial revolution..

the time for Hero is now the itime for Hydrogen is now...

let's reintroduce science back into the debate

some calorimetry would be nice.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Off topic but can anyone comment on these videos?

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be

• Official Post

Off topic but can anyone comment on these videos?

Hi Sam. Making Neutrons like this is not a surprise. The classic example of high-voltage neutron production are the 'Sternglass' experiments. But systems like this will also produce a shit-load of X-rays and sometimes experimenter do get confused about exactly what kind of emissions they are seeing.

Revisiting Sternglass's anomalous isotopes

• X-rays

Neutron detection/measurement is not easy..even ninety years after discovery...

External Content www.youtube.com

sorting out the technical issues takes money and time.and some electronics nouse

the fusor researchers need to have all three.. and some radiation protection.

35'000 volts is 3-4 times ITER temperure.

Apparenty one has achieved lots of neutrons at only 5000V....but that needs replication..

The fusor forum fusor.net has expertise on neutron detection. and on vacuum technology... such as turbopumps and also is a source of equipment

which may be useful for LENR researchers... no calorimetry though.. their focus is neutrons... not heat.

The researchers are well aware that the collision method they use for fusion( as well as ITER's) are unlikely ever to produce net useful energy output.

I myself am a neutronophobe... I might contemplate a neutronfree LENR reactor in my garage.... but not a fusor... no HV for me.

"

Initial experiments produced around 8x10^6 fusions per second with only 65 Watt, giving a Q of 7 x 10^-8.

The apparatus accelerates deuterium ions through a potential of only 5 kV

which raises questions about our current understanding of nuclear fusion."

https://www.researchgate.net/p…Fusion-Experiment-V11.pdf

• I was recently approached by a Star Scientific shareholder to invest. I'm skeptical, but don't understand the science very well. Any thoughts on the prospects for this company and its science you could share to a layman? Thanks.

• I think Star is an interesting company, and possibly quite well funded, but I am a little unsure about the dual nature of their claims. What are they - a fusion business or a hydrogen business?

On the topic of 'hero hydrogen' there's little new there that I can see. High temperature recombiners for hydrogen /oxygen have been in use in nuclear power plants for decades. I suspect that in that demo video Star were using a low concentration of hydrogen with air, not oxygen - as temperatures apporach 500C oxy-hydrogen mixed gas will auto-ignite and the guy watching the demo would be picking pieces of glass out of his beard for weeks afterwards.

Here's a slightly more academic look at high-temperature recombiners - no magic required, this is just materials science.

(PDF) Catalyst for Recombination of Hydrogen and Oxygen in Confined Spaces under High Concentrations of Hydrogen
    PDF | The structure of the catalyst used in a passive autocatalytic recombiner (PAR) is crucial for making the PAR reliably functional in environments... |…
    www.researchgate.net

• I would only add that it’s worth considering very carefully the issue of equity dilution over time. Were one considering an investment, then I’d want to collect all the financials for as far back as possible, and calculate the cumulative dilution to a common stock investor over that period. I would guess that it’s not insubstantial.

• they dilute every year plus require loans with related parties every year to keep business going. Without issuance of new shares each year and loans from related parties like Horvath, the comapny would be insolvent.

Some people have been able to keep shows like that for years. If you are not capable of assessing the technical aspects by yourself or someone trusted, then better stay away.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.