ICCF25 - 25th International Conference on Condensed Matter Nuclear Science Announcement

• I forgot something, it was not the R20 the reference experiment ?

I don't know if the LEC is LENR, and I don't care. As long as it brings interest and funding into the field, I like it. We should tell everyone it is LENR: for sure, yeah, oh that's LENR alright, uh huh, so give us a suitcase full of money. Make that two suitcases and a barrel full of money. Edison's method of R&D.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I think Diadon Acs is around 38,000 feet up at the moment, and Alain on the road. But to answer the question, there seems to be a general consensus that the LEC does use LENR to produce the electrical currents seen. Harper is concerned/excited to see that the ionisation levels are much higher at any given temperature than conventional physics says are possible.

Thanks Alan Smith , do you see it as the low hanging fruit for reference experiment (in spite of the low power)? I think it is, but want to know what caveats may be seen that I don’t.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• I forgot something, it was not the R20 the reference experiment ?

Reference experiment is one that has high reproducibility across research teams. The R20 was promising in that aspect but turned out not to be that reproducible. The LEC, on the other hand, has plenty of replications and variations already that have worked.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Thanks orsova , beat me to it, I came to post it just after watching it.

• About my structured feeling about trends and challenges after ICCF25

1- screening, beam,

Part of the presentations were about beam experiments of various kind, mostly and related theory to study screening and resonance.

I've heard of some experment where the effect of target lattice was changing the DD branching ratio, not like cold LENR to He4, but to protons+T (or neutrons+He3, I forgot).
    This approache, in continuity with particle physics may bridge the gao between mainstream physics and LENR, by

- proving lattice really change nuclear interaction, yet without a full LENr theory

- maybe pushing a real LENR theory at low energy (CleanHME work on it, with method).

Some experiments analyse the energetic outcomes of mild energy experiments...

Some even use particle physics instruments (detectors...) with cold LENR (gas loading, electrolysis).

2- replication, method, and breaking the stigma

There are works to exit from the mainstream stigma by a recognized replicated experiment.

Arpa-E, MIT, Anthroposcene Institute, a researsher from US Army, modetly work on that, and the experiment they promotes is : low energy laser excitation of a gas loaded Pd+D, with good instrumentations, particles, transmutations and maybe calorimetry...

There have been some presentations about this strategy, and globally breaking the curse.

3- no theoretical breakthrough, but...

I've not been convinced by theoretical presentation (thanks my incompetence), but I've seen some hope from two, and I miss some theories...

The most interesting direction for me is by Peter Hagelstein, who propose a concept of "nuclear molecule", where nucleus have energy state like the atoms in a molecule, and may transition from various stales, like He4 to D+D, or from various excitation level of Pd...

It makes me connect it to the missing part in Edmund Storms theory proposal, when the NAS (nuclear active structure created in the NAE, nuclear active environment), emits small quanta more like a radioactive nucleus or an excited atom, decays... It may also connect with Pr takahashi TSC or M Staker SAV... I see hope for collaborations, and fruitful disagreement.

Beside that I see from the particle physics way of mind, meeting the material science people, in beam experiments, a great hope to feed theories like nuclear molecule, hydroton, SAV, THC, with data, with refitation, with new directions, with confirmation...

4- Japan and nanopowder, thinfilm

There have been great work around the nanomaterial developed in japan. Various team, work on various points, to add instruments, detect particles...

5- working with shoestrings and scientific method

Beside usual institutional and industrial teams, there are honest research done by underfunded teams, replacing modern instruments with ingenuity.

What frighten me is that good results may not convince mainstream people.

Maybe collaborations, and some funding, can help.

6- need to societal, social, intervention.

many private exchange and presentation expressed the urgent need in LENR and in humanity, to act on the human factor around LENR.

Knowledge, knowhow, have to be urgently transmitted. Young researsher should join the domain, and take the relay stick from the previous generations.

There is also need to break the curse in mainstream science that imposed a terrible stigma on cold fusion.

We need to do something to get support from the society, from the scientific community, and it is a job.

7- vision of the future...

Some concern about climate and human future were exoressed, but great hope too... LENR can help, and can do much more than what steam engine and coal have done.

Energy is core to humanity flourishing, and LENR may be a solution, but its rejection may be a symptom of a deeper problem.

I'm connected with people who want to understand progress, how we lose this hope, and put us back on the rail of human progress...

They call their wok "Progress Studies"...

One article is key on the question of human progress and energy

Progress, stagnation, and flying cars
    A review of Where Is My Flying Car? by J. Storrs Hall
    rootsofprogress.org

recently, a friend translated an interview in french

Des voitures volantes dans une nouvelle ère atomique, une conversation futuriste avec J. Storrs Hall | Le Grand Continent
    Comment nous racontons-nous l’histoire de l’avenir ? Dans une conversation optimiste et échevelée, J. Storrs Hall, ingénieur et historien des représentations…
    legrandcontinent.eu

read also the symmetric book

The Rise and Fall of American Growth: A summary
    Robert Gordon's book is like a murder mystery in which the murderer is never caught
    rootsofprogress.org

I feel that promoters of the "progress studies" like Jason Crawford or James Pethokoukis would love exchanging with Stephen Bannister, Jacques Ruer, Jed Rothwell on their work at ICCF (24/25), and maybe analyse the claims.

so much to do.

“Only puny secrets need keeping. The biggest secrets are kept by public incredulity.” (Marshall McLuhan)
    twitter @alain_co

• Alan Smith , AlainCo  Diadon Acs , from your advantaged point if view, is the LEC still viewed as a LENR device, or at least LENR related, is this issue solved to some extent or it is still a questionmark? I ask because of the first of the agreed goals of the ISMNC after the meeting is to provide a reference experiment and the LEC, being highly reproducible, seems to me as a good candidate in the short term.

It may have correlation with LENR as there seems to be some form of strange radiation happening in the cell. Gordon and Whitehouse have increased the LEC efficiency using nano-particles of Pd from pW to uW and have been doing great science in trying to disprove the effects through a process of elimination. Yet, are still getting results and improving the design. They have eliminated the possibility of contact conduction(galvanic reactions) and thermo-electric effect. I suggest incasing there cell in several layers of Lead (Pb) to eliminate cosmic ray kinetic impacts, but this doesn't seem to be really a factor to be honest. Frank mentioned to me that they noticed the cells have a certain sweet spot on load that is optimal for the cells.

I will be sending some Nano-particulate graphite to them in the coming days to see if it will help improve there design. I hope that helps answer some of your questions about it.

So glad he recorded this one. It is one of the only ones I missed as I was recording a video with Alan Smith
    Thanks for sharing orsova

• I am a big fan of Bin-Juine Huang's work with anomalous heat from pressurized water. Which he & I believe is sonofusion. I worked with Huang on his papers. I started a thread here about this subject some years ago. I cannot find things with this (atrocious, non-existent) index system, but it is out there. Anyway, I recommend this video.

HIs paper is here:

https://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/BiberianJPjcondensedzi.pdf#page=257

Others have observed sonofusion, especially Stringham.

• I cannot find things with this (atrocious, non-existent) index system, but it is out there.

This one?

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

• How did you find it? Has indexing been improved?

I just pasted "Huang" in the search box, above, when set on "Everywhere".

A likely looking thread title appeared as the sixth (reverse chronological) answer.

Clicking on that took me to the last comment of the thread.

Admittedly, if the last reply had been a lot older than the 16th of June, this year, then it would have taken a bit longer to find. But there aren't a huge number of threads containing the term "Huang". As far as I know, that was also the quickest way to discover that the thread was in the "Replication Attempts" subdirectory (where it is currently the 11th thread).

Personally, I don't find the search function to be too bad at the moment (it was worse when the forum was on the other server). But like all search functions, it relies on having a good search term that doesn't result in too many answers. Even if there was some kind of "index", I would probably still use the search instead.

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

• Note: if you type:

huang site:lenr-forum.com

...into an ordinary Google search, the relevant thread appears as the first result.

This is the kind of search I have been doing since long, 100% success rate and one finds stuff that is impractical to find with the local forum search engine.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.