No Expanding Universe, No Dark Energy?

• Might be?

So, how does he explain the stretching of the so called "Cosmic Background Radiation"? The theory I proposed for dark matter requires the expansion, but might get rid of the dark energy by making the universe smaller. In other words some of the expansion would be an illusion.

• We have red shift correlating with other measures of cosmic distance. We have as has been pointed out CBR. An expanding universe looks a good simple explanation for that.

Not to say there are things we do not understand about exactly how it works. It is not at the moment entirely clear with too many arbitrary (= we do not know why) things. e.g - inflation - dark energy - dark matter.

But those are just detailed stuff we do not yet understand clearly - and they do not affect the overall take home of an expanding universe with an initial big bang or (can't be sure) big bounce.

It is folly to reject the understanding we do have - juts because that understanding is not complete.

THH

• Did you bother to read Lombriser's paper? The mathematical treatment leaves the predicted measurements unchanged. The theory still fits the observed red shifts etc without requiring cosmic expansion. I think you didn't open the links, just support the current dogma religiously.

• You never answered my question. Instead of sending us on wild goose chases how about providing the information here. This is, after all, a forum.

Everywhere you look people say the expansion of the universe stretches the light causing a red shift and ultimately the "Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation". Even Neil Tyson says that. What is interesting about that radiation is that there is no point source for it and only one example. One is not to ignore what the universe tells us. That leads to defective science.

• Lombriser's paper proposes the observed red shift and observed CMB radiation expansion could be explained instead by the evolution of particle masses, as indicated in his mathematical reformulations using the existing einstein field equations mapped to minkowski space. Please read his paper. I don't understand all the math but this seems plausible and may solve several existing problems with cosmology as discussed in the conclusion.

ShieldSquare Captcha

GR I suggest you contact him with your theory if you want feedback. I don't know what it is and I am not a qualified peer reviewer anyway. Do you have a peer reviewed paper?

• Abstract Cosmology in Minkowski Space

ShieldSquare Captcha

Theoretical and observational challenges to standard cosmology such as the cosmological constant problem and tensions between cosmological model parameters inferred from different observations motivate the development and search of new physics. A less radical approach to venturing beyond the standard model is the simple mathematical reformulation of our theoretical frameworks underlying it. While leaving physical measurements unaffected, this can offer a reinterpretation and even solutions of these problems. In this spirit, metric transformations are performed here that cast our Universe into different geometries. Of particular interest thereby is the formulation of cosmology in Minkowski space. Rather than an expansion of space, spatial curvature, and small-scale inhomogeneities and anisotropies, this frame exhibits a variation of mass, length and time scales across spacetime. Alternatively, this may be interpreted as an evolution of fundamental constants. As applications of this reframed cosmological picture, the naturalness of the cosmological constant is reinspected and promising candidates of geometric origin are explored for dark matter, dark energy, inflation and baryogenesis. An immediate observation thereby is the apparent absence of the cosmological constant problem in the Minkowski frame. The formalism is also applied to identify new observable signatures of conformal inhomogeneities, which have been proposed as simultaneous solution of the observational tensions in the Hubble constant, the amplitude of matter fluctuations, and the gravitational lensing amplitude of cosmic microwave background anisotropies. These are found to enhance redshifts to distant galaxy clusters and introduce a mass bias with cluster masses inferred from gravitational lensing exceeding those inferred kinematically or dynamically.

• Maybe every universe is the inner of a black hole of another universe, and our universe is expanding from the mass it extracts from the outer universe which makes our universes space expand as well? So we can not leave our universe but other "things" can enter our universe?

• cosmological model parameters inferred from different observations motivate the development and search of new physics.

Such claims are outraging as all involved people have no clue of basic physics and still believe that with one sided field equations you can describe the "two sided" world. (forces interact not just act)

So these folks first should learn to identify the garbage in the so called standard model...

Its like blind mice in front of a dessert telling the other I will find the apple tree.

If experiments = measurement tell that the cosmos expands then this is a fact and a "model" that tells otherwise just is garbage.

• PhysicsForDummies

You say that you don't understand the math yet you feel empowered to waste our time investigating something that doesn't interest us individually. I have no interest in Minkowski Spaces, period. You should at least explain why you think we should waste effort on it.

That said, I am interested in the possibility of eliminating the dark energy, but it may be a lot simpler than that. The standard narrative for the Big Bang states that the Cosmic Background Microwave Radiation has been stretched by at least 1000 times. That is, the radiation (light) left over after baryonic matter was created has lost most of its energy. This radiation had a very narrow energy range and after billions of years of stretching the result also has a narrow range of energies. The stretching should still be going on. Let's assume that the rate of expansion of the universe has always been constant. Consider two galaxies one twice as far away as the other. The light from the farther one would be twice as stretched into the red as the light for the closer one giving the illusion of the expansion speeding up. This should affect the amount of dark energy.

Note that I did not invoke my theory for dark matter in the previous paragraph. All I did for my theory was invoke the principle of the Conservation of Energy. Where did all that energy go? The answer was that it went into the dark matter. I also had the stretching start at the moment of the Big Bang. Why?

You might be better off if you would study and

comment on the ideas presented on this forum.

• The standard narrative for the Big Bang states that the Cosmic Background Microwave Radiation has been stretched by at least 1000 times. That is, the radiation (light) left over after baryonic matter was created has lost most of its energy.

If you stretch something by 1000x also the range is stretched 1000x...

Note that I did not invoke my theory for dark matter in the previous paragraph. All I did for my theory was invoke the principle of the Conservation of Energy. Where

I will repeat me once more. Most mathematician have no clue of basic physics.

Energy is only conserved in a closed system!!

So please prove first that the universe is a closed system!

And as a dessert: Gravity does not slow down photons. Gravity can only bend photons as the coupling is all orthogonal only!

• I'm so sorry I feel empowered to waste your precious time by posting an interesting article. You really put me in my place with your brilliant unpublished theory, and I really take to heart your suggestions of what I should and should not do, since you are (or should be) in charge of the world.

• The problem of tuning/evolving constants is that it messes with stellar evolution in the early universe, and the universe might not end up at all like it is now if that part gets messed with.

But they have already discover that predictions about the evolution of galaxies in the early universe seem wrong. There are big problems with the current theory.

The James Webb telescope found six galaxies that may be too hefty for their age
    The galaxies formed in the universe’s first 700 million years and may be up to 100 times more massive than predicted.
    www.sciencenews.org

• If experiments = measurement tell that the cosmos expands then this is a fact and a "model" that tells otherwise just is garbage.

This is not entirely true. If a theory explains the measurements we get which make it *appear* the universe is expanding, it may not necessarily be "a fact". Those measurements involve past data and don't necessarily show current expansion. If these theories can solve other known issues with current theory predictions, they may be more valuable.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.