What is the role of Argon Gas (if any) in the LENR transmutation of Carbon to Oxygen?

• Low-Energy Nuclear Reactions (LENR)

Starting with the YouTube presentation “Randall Carlson Finally Reveals Proof of Ancient Lightning Bolt Technology” 56:01 "Low-energy atomic reaction" (low-energy nuclear reactions, or LENR aka Cold Fusion)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IogPBJyDFWw&t=3361s

There are three key questions:

Q1: Why Argon gas? Argon has an atomic weight of 39.948 and 3 stable isotopes the most abundant of which is Argon40.

Q2: What has happened to the Carbon? Carbon has an atomic weight of 12.001 and 2 stable isotopes the most abundant of which is Carbon12.

Q3: Where is the Oxygen coming from? Oxygen has an atomic weight of 15.999 and 3 stable isotopes the most abundant of which is Oxygen16.

Hypothesis:

Argon40 is acting as a nucleogenesis catalyst in the conversion of Carbon12 to Oxygen16.

Starting with Argon40 and Carbon12 in the presence of Hydrogen plasma in the form of protons there are two identified routes:

Route #1:

Direct fusion of Argon40 with Carbon12 to form Chromium52.

Followed by a sequential four step fusion with protons to form:

FusionH1: Chromium52 plus proton to form Manganese53;

FusionH2: Manganese53 plus proton to form Iron54;

Fusion H3: Iron54 plus proton to form Cobalt55

Fusion H4: Cobalt55 plus proton to form Nickel56

Nickel56 undergoes electron capture and converts to Cobalt56

Cobalt56 undergoes electron capture and converts to Iron56

Iron56 then fissiles to reform the nucleogenesis catalyst Argon40 and the release of Oxygen16 as the fusion product.

Route #2:

Carbon12 fusion with a proton to form Nitrogen13.

Argon40 fusion with a proton to form Potassium41.

Nitrogen13 fusion with Potassium41 to form Iron54 (rejoins Route #1 as a feed stock to Fusion H3).

Cul de Sac

Carbon13 fusion with a proton to form Nitrogen14

Comments:

This is purely a numerological exercise. The energetics of the proposed cascades presented here in Route #1 and Route #2 are unknown to me.

The key to making this work is that two of the four protons must be converted to neutrons either by electron capture or by positron emission. I speculate that it is by the process of electron capture that the required conversion takes place. There are plenty of free electrons in the plasmoids.

Update on Energy Production:

The atomic weight of Carbon is 12.011, Carbon has two stable isotopes C12 & C13. Oxygen has three stable isotopes O16, O17 & O18, the atomic weight of oxygen however is 15.999 this value is less than 16 and yet O15 is not naturally present.

https://periodictable.com/Isotopes/008.15/index.dm.prod.html

This atomic weight of 15.999 for stable Oxygen demonstrates that there is a mass loss, and therefore energy production, in the nucleogenesis of Oxygen from Carbon.

How to test for Argon’s role

Generate an artificial air mixture from bottled pure Oxygen (20%) and pure Nitrogen (80%), use this as the feed gas for the combustion process in a test ICE engine and observe the impact that the lack of Argon gas has (if any) on the LENR.

• PMulholland welcome to LENR-forum, great to have you here and interesting first post. I haven’t yet seen the Carlson video but have been interested in this development for a while and we have been commenting about it on the following thread:

Needless to say there’s a lot of disagreement of what is really going on and if the effect is real or not, I am really glad that this is being enthusiastically replicated by several independent teams and I am hoping to see them succeeding in obtaining similar results, this is the only way it is going to generate enough interest in the community.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• There is an extensive library of cold fusion papers at LENR-canr.org, created, maintained and grown over many years by our member JedRothwell. A search there for argon+transmutaion certainly yields quite a few hits. But from memory nobody seems to have claimed the direct transmutation of argon. It is often present, because it is used as (for example) a carrier gas, or as part of a control procedure of for flushing other gases out of a system. However, in conversation with various people working in the condensed matter field you will sometimes hear suggestions that Argon is somehow catalytic, for example promoting the production of 4He from hydrogen isotopes.

In high-voltage high-current plasma environments such as those performed by our friends at Safire/Aureon there are suggestions that in a mixed=gas double layer argon promotes transmutation, because being a heavy gas it becomes the 'anvil' that lighter elements get hammered on. '

• Well, a LF great member (not a Kazakh) wrote in the past a paper highlighting works from the polish Groszek .

This last related some excess heat when argon was involved.

There is an extensive library of cold fusion papers at LENR-canr.org, created, maintained and grown over many years by our member JedRothwell. A search there for argon+transmutaion certainly yields quite a few hits. But from memory nobody seems to have claimed the direct transmutation of argon. It is often present, because it is used as (for example) a carrier gas, or as part of a control procedure of for flushing other gases out of a system. However, in conversation with various people working in the condensed matter field you will sometimes hear suggestions that Argon is somehow catalytic, for example promoting the production of 4He from hydrogen isotopes.

In high-voltage high-current plasma environments such as those performed by our friends at Safire/Aureon there are suggestions that in a mixed=gas double layer argon promotes transmutation, because being a heavy gas it becomes the 'anvil' that lighter elements get hammered on. '

• when argon was involved.

it looks like argon was involved as a carrier in these refs

the 1% argon in air is difficult to eliminate from Malcolm's thunderstorm

(its causing a bit of disturbance on YT etc.the last few days.but the storm been around for awhile)

your simple test could be done by Malcolm easily

https://uploads-ssl.webflow.com/5cc5e9c2dca8019de9074c56/6393fdf6c7a3f28f55747805_THUNDERSTORM%2BGENERATOR_ATOMIC%2BENERGY%2BFROM%2BWATER%2BPLASMOID%2BPROTIUM%2BPOWER.pdf

energetics of the proposed cascades

if you want to get a rough idea of the possible calculated energy outputs you might have to calculate the combined mass defects for the isotope reactions you propose..

for h2 + h2 to He4 mass defect change is something like

7x4-(2x1+2x1) =23Mevs but this is max estimate based on an old simple theory

the real output could be a lot less

for Ar40 +C12>>Cr52 the calc is possible but Cr52 is an unlikely product

52x8.7-(12x7,7 +40x8)= approx 3.1 Mev..

IMHO argon is an inactive carrier.. any energy output is coming from the hydrogen..

• Curbina Thank you for the welcome and the informative responses to my postulate.

My approach to this subject comes from chemistry where the role and action of a catalyst is often fundamental to a reaction process.

I was intrigued by the mention in another video of the presence of carbon iron spheroids as a formation product of LENR plasmoids.

The iron could be explained as contamination, however an analysis of the isotope ratio of the iron would be a useful data point in exploring the possible role of Argon.

• I have a deep idea about how Ar could behave however that's not involve nuclear reactions of itself, it plays differently.

• for h2 + h2 to He4 mass defect change is something like

7x4-(2x1+2x1) =23Mevs but this is max estimate based on an old simple theory

the real output could be a lot less

Indeed a lot less. Many researchers have seen no emissions, in my own lab, having built tube furnaces that were specifically designed to enable the detection of particle emissions we say only low-energy gammas at around 78 keV. In Jed's library there are 1 or perhaps 2 papers by Ed Storms and Brian Scanlan on particle emissions.

• Yes, pumping argon in reservoir conditions makes good lightning...

• Dear Robert,

i think that inert gases (even molecular as N2) maintain speed state of surrounding other gases.

Alan shared interesting papers i deeply studied as this of Groszek.

Reactions in his case act as gases pulses and Ar in this way help to maintain a separation.

Close links too with the LEC i expect.

By a certain point of view it's close to Rayleigh plasma.

The speed, main free path , that all atoms haven't exactky the same heat plays a role in my mind.

Surely it have been played in R20s case.

i made this sketch to help my thoughts in the past.

Last word to our common president , happy that he's going to be here quickly again. Fucking life !

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.