Paradigmnoia Member
  • Member since Oct 23rd 2015

Posts by Paradigmnoia

As I already wrote and demonstrated by calculation in this my previous comment if it were true that the magician's lamp really makes what he claimed (generating a 5000K white LED light of 10000 lumens, using only 4W) it doesn't need any external battery or grid to get electric energy as power supply because it might produce what it needs (working in a closed loop) by means of PV cells that use the generated light.

This proves that simply it's another magician’s hoax to feed his gullible fans that still support him.

It only needs 0.008 W at the input to the SKL device, so the control is the bottleneck, at 0.2% efficiency (a 100 x improvement from Copenhagen). Luckily the SKLED COP recovers this loss (99.8 % , COP 99.8), plus a few lumens more.

Rossi didn't mention that it weighs much less when turned on. Don't ask.

Seriously though, a three foot power cord by itself should weigh something like 70 grams I would think.

So even gullible me finds it hard to believe that in total the Ecat SKLed is a mere 200g.

the device weighs 200 g when turned on.

For total emissivity, at high temperature (certainly by >1000 C), about 0.4 is pretty much uncontested, for Lugano and similar experiments. It is almost never actually tested (except by COE).

1000W, 0.3 Emissivity ,T1 = 1000W, 0.9 Emissivity, T2.....(T = Temperature)

T1>T2
    The high emissivity of ceramics in general, in the LW IR, is confirmed by numerous experiments. (And the IR lamp and heater industry). Even me356 had an IR pyrometer for temperature measurement. These IR of course are calibrated to the object emissivity or the thermocouples would not agree close enough.

Anyways the Lugano device is clearly a dead end. Nobody wants an IR heater that saves 3/4 of the energy to heat their house, but only when it’s being looked at through an IR camera.

Rossi is counting on people's inability to comprehend large numbers. If he posts numbers (probably fake anyways) that show orders, people might catch on that his goal is unreachable.

For example, if his minion orders reach one thousand units, then they might realize they need to do this again a thousand more times.

The large number conundrum is particularly daunting to those who do not understand "orders of magnitude".

All the Rossi fans in the world just need to pool together to obtain 1000000 orders by ordering 100000 each

To save energy, Customers can send the order form to him in jpeg format, and AR will print them out at his factory on recycled paper using vegetable based ink. One of the many advanced assembly line robots can finally get some work done (before it’s service period expires) by periodically refilling the printer with paper and ink.

I don't understand, if he need this amount of preorders, why he still keeps this outdated 80's style way using a poorly created word doc, signed and sent via email?

Why doesn't he hire an average computer educated kid/student (there are millions around eager to work for a few bucks) to setup a basic and free e-commerce platform on a cheap hosting service?.

He could fill it with all his masterpieces with prices, details, fancy pictures, shipping info and so on.

In addition he can collect in a more effective way a huge amount of personal detail of guillibles potential customers.

He believes that if he literally has sacks of letters from people trying to buy his junk, it proves the junk is real, something in the style of the courtroom ending of the old movie ‘Miracle on 34th Street’.

( https://youtu.be/gOl19-30dPg?t=132 )

Also, grifters gotta grift.

The large photo reveals quite some hand crafted tinkering, if you zoom in into some details... ☺️

It probably took him so long to finish it and publish the picture because he had to wait until the paint and the glue between all those plastic parts and pieces dried off...

A real convex glass lens in front of a lamp would look very different, and would not show the background like a thin piece of glass or plexiglass....

Can you imagine to always plug that lamp into mains to turn it on? There is no switch as far as I remember all the provided details. What a masterpiece...

I was just looking at how the aluminized duct tape covers the concentric recessed light baffles, just inside the cover.

The deposition for Leonardo was due to take place by Zoom yesterday. Interestingly there is now a motion to dismiss due to lack of activity.....I don't know much about US law so I don't know if its significant.

I haven’t looked recently. A motion to dismiss due to lack of activity by the defendant will probably fail, since the defendant is the main cause of the delays. Just a guess though.

Luckily I labeled and retained all lamps tested to date so covering them in aluminium foil and re-testing should be no big deal. Except maybe the 150 W and 200 W lamps. I will take it easy with them, since the heat maybe too much for the lamps if covered. I am also gathering “crown silvered” lamps that have already incorporated an aluminium reflector (I will confirm aluminium rather than real silver or chrome coatings, but aluminium is most commonly used anyways).

Any bets on whether the aluminium foil over the lamp actually makes a difference?

Unfortunately, I am out in the field once again, so you folks have a month for conjecture before I can do another calorimeter run.

I guess I already tested one aluminized lamp. The blue 50 W lamp was a PAR20.

PAR is an acronym for Parabolic Aluminized Reflector.

(Also, the inside layer of the calorimeter envelope is aluminium.)