Zeus46 Member
  • Member since Sep 22nd 2016

Posts by Zeus46

Would you mind expanding a little on the problems with:

Rossi measures the voltage across a known brown resistance of 1 ohm as being 100mV, and from that deduces (V^2/R) that the power is 10mW!

(It mentions a DC input).

Stephan, I'd assume they calibrated the calorimeter ("efficiency of the heat exchanger:10%") by just running it with the resistance described above?

Finally heat exchanger efficiency: 10%. Seems impossibly low for anything that could correspond to that setup (with the oil recirculating?).

I agree. Are they definitely recirculating?

So true, although a 1 year-old's attention span is likely longer.

I just find it hilarious that Yugo still thinks Celani used one wire. I've literally given him the page reference four or five times.

WHat Zeus links to proves the opposite of what he claims. What happened here is that Zeus claimed Celani used 4 wires. He didn't. He used 4x as many knots whatever the hell THAT means.

LOL. Still not read it properly then Yugo? Still stuck looking in the 'notes' section? Ha!

Zeus and others also pointed to the wrong place in the documentation

Aha! ...Apparently you are.

Zeus claims are specious and this individual is not worth addressing

How do you know this? ...as you obviously still haven't read the article. PDF here. ...Slide 27, for the non-retarded.

Since I have not studied the requisite hundreds of papers required to have an informed opinion about LENR, I am quite willing to admit that I don't have one

My position also. Perhaps IO and I are twins, separated at birth.

:D:D:D:D

Your position is more like, "I didn't read it at all, despite you telling me the page numbers, now here's my dumb opinion... What page number was it again? This graph's too hard for me to understand. No it says the opposite of what you think. Wait a minute, what page number again... and what section?... The 'Notes' section at the end? I don't care anyway".

link ...for those who are incredulous that a person can be that ridiculous.

Can't believe you bet your entire stack of Quatloo's on the above! Bankrupt!

Interesting thoughts regarding the strength of Rossi's hand...

Levi is Jewish for those who do not know, but if he felt they (Israelis) were appealing to "his patriotic duty to help the Israelis", it was in his head IMO. It sure did not appear that way in the documents.

It was pretty weird that they tapped him up through his Rabbi though. Pretty sure they could have just got his email/phone number.

One thing that was hammered into us at the airlines was safety, and preventing stuff like this.

I've heard modern autopilot systems can land a plane by themselves. I've also heard the argument that this is probably safer than a human pilot - no human error/tiredness etc. Do airlines permit autopilot landings, and do some pilots use it for that now? Would ShaneD. trust his plane to land itself? Could your DC mange this feat?

Also, Jed mentioned cars being safer when on autopilot... I nwonder how the statistics were affected by the Tesla that drove into that truck, killing the driver. One death might not seem like much, but if divided by a small number of total miles driven by all autopilot cars, it could be quite significant.

That isn't to say car autopilots won't improve... There's probably some truth in the argument adding a LIDAR sensor (instead of just a camera) would have prevented the Tesla accident. (The driver was also well outside of Tesla's operating procedures).

"Witch hunt" - I don't think there is any witch hunt agains LENR believers on this forum.

Maybe I'm trying to start one?

Seriously?

Still not voted yet then, Mary? I knew I should have replaced the word 'cretin' with the word 'moron', which in fairness... you do seem to prefer.

Anyway enough about Rossi's misplaced genius and exotic particles, please. This was supposed to be a thread where we could pontificate about such high and mighty topics as the nature of belief, and the paradoxes of objective epistemology. Or something. Where's Lomax when you need him?

At least Eric and THH had some interesting stuff to say, but it's getting late...

I could only cast two votes. (No big deal but . . .)

Sorry thought you'd voted already! I turned it back down so not to mess up the statistics, although the forum software is pretty good and adjusts the percentage to >100%. Thought two was a good compromise after seeing THH's comment.

I would say there were more people who had made up their minds Rossi was a scam artist on this forum, prior to waiting for solid proof.

Proof is an odd concept best limited to mathematics IMO. Most of the time there's only 'evidence', and people ascribe different weights to that. What you might see as weak evidence, I might see as proof, and change my opinion from 'undecided' to 'that's bullshit'.