oldguy Member
  • Member since Oct 1st 2016
  • Last Activity:

Posts by oldguy

I thought Dewey has been very positive lately, but not 357% positive! Something must be up in LENR land? This good news puts the $20 million, or so, IH lost on Rossi in perspective.

BTW: Does anyone have an ICCF21 photo of the "IH Team"? I know they took one, but I have not seen it yet.

you can find photos of the conference here: https://www.iccf21.com/

and specifically the IH "team" here: https://www.iccf21.com/fullscr…q1c0%26s%3Dstyle-jm7sxve5

I thought Dewey has been very positive lately, but not 357% positive! Something must be up in LENR land? This good news puts the $20 million, or so, IH lost on Rossi in perspective.

BTW: Does anyone have an ICCF21 photo of the "IH Team"? I know they took one, but I have not seen it yet.

you can find photos of the conference here: https://www.iccf21.com/

and specifically the IH "team" here: https://www.iccf21.com/fullscr…q1c0%26s%3Dstyle-jm7sxve5

Actually if all the heat we see was caused by thermalised gammas we would be dead

I never understood "thermalized gamma" arguments. Perhaps someone here can run the numbers, but at the claimed 1MW thermal, how much shielding would be needed to
    "thermalize" gammas to that much power.

I seem to remember an old rule of thumb that it takes about 1cm of lead to cut "typical" gammas down by half. I see no such large shielding on all the E,S,Q cat things. The first Rossi things had lead wrap but none after that. Even at 1kW thermal, from little plastic garden plumbing things there wouldn't be much "thermalizing of gammas" possible - I expect the audience would be dead.

You know Rossi will claim this is because they stole his IP. In a way, Rossi has already laid the groundwork for that, when he accused IH in the lawsuit of giving his IP away to his competitors. At the time, he was talking about Brillouin Energy, but now that he knows IH has a a large contingent of the old guard on their team, he will adjust his accusation accordingly.

I would contend that it was Rossi who tried to steal things from others. Ni, gas loading, etc was done many years ago. And, Li, that dates back to Cockcroft and Walton. F and P even mentioned Ni in their origianl pat. app. But then Rossi has never really said what he uses. (although at one time he claimed it was Ni to Cu. Go figure).

I believe he tried to steal from Focardi but never was able to make it work for himself alone.

That means a serious guy with real money bought in reckoning their non-Rossi portfolio now was worth more than what Woodford had originally paid for it + Rossi. Perhaps that says something about how much Woodford valued Rossi?

That is a very important point. IH being worth more now than it ever was with Rossi. We know that Woodford originally valuated IH from BOTH Rossi's "masterpiece" AND other research. But now it views IH to be 3 times as valuable without Rossi and with the advances (??) of the other research supported by IH.

This should put to rest any of the Rossi says claims that Woodford only evaluated the company due to his work and that his and only his work was valuable. It is clear that Woodford visited many researchers and not just Rossi during the initial evaluation visits. Rossi had less value than others and perhaps even seen as a liability at the time. It was just a passing "tempest in a teapot" - " A tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, Signifying nothing." Macbeth A5 s5

Jed, you are likely correct - they will never or be very slow to acknowledge error and guilt.

But that is still my hope and where my personal goal posts are. I have long since given up on commercial profits or having everyone nod their heads at a demo.

I personally believe it will be within 5 to 10 years for a commercial product of some kind (water heater??) and such things are already in reach or at least "at the finger tips". Reaching that goal is inevitable and a true long range goal is something that is beyond your current reach. It is the hopes and dreams that keep people like me going through years of struggle.

Ah, alas, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, Or what's a heaven for?

To my way of thinking, through the settlement in the Doral trial, I.H. is completely out of the LENR business because Rossi has locked I.H. out of any possible LENR application that is worth anything.

you might want to read: http://citywire.co.uk/wealth-m…_manager_all_stories_list

'Over the course of the past eighteen months, there have been developments within Industrial Heat's portfolio of technologies that have shown increasing promise.

What is not true? All the critics have to say, over and over again, is that nothing works. Hardly adds anything to the discussion does it?

Not all critics say that nothing works, that is straw man babble talk. Most of us just continue to say, that there is no convincing proof and the measurements were not sufficient or flawed. If Rossi claims something then he must give good proof.

The COP calculation was presented at 2:44:30 of the demo. the COP was 488.

William S Hurley did the COP measurement as director from Senior project engineering

and where is the simultaneous measurement of the input current and voltage across the device? If the input is not measured then the COP statements are just xxxxxxx.

Don't be so silly. There is no point for those that don't believe Rossi might have something to debate it. If he does though, there is something to discuss.

So the babblers should quit now.

Yes, I agree you should stop babbling now. There is no point for you to continue babbling until things happen or not happen in JANUARY.

THH - with the added kicker that the above referenced court case was birthed into existence by Rossi.

I think that he is still having fun though - his yarn-spinning creativity and self-promoting productivity continue to impress. I hope that IH was the last investor to lose money on him. His story telling is likely to continue unless some authorities catch up with him. At this point, I beginning to think that he is going to be able to retire to his real estate empire. I wonder what kind of landlord he is?

I wonder if he will fit any of those condos with electrical supplies powered by ecats and turbine generators. He could really rent at a substantial price. (satire implied)

and Penon did not use the equipment he originally told IH he would use.

and what ever happened to the analysis of the instruments he promised to run after the testing?

No, he didn't. He told me he was "within shouting distance" of a Nobel. He was an FRS, he got the palladium medal and was president of the electrochemical society, but he never got the Nobel. Which, in my opinion, speaks poorly of the Nobel committee and tells us nothing about Fleischmann.

The Nobel Prize lost it reputation when they give Obama the Peace Prize since Nobel’s will specified: “which shall be annually awarded as prizes to those who, during the preceding year, shall have conferred the greatest benefit on mankind” yet they gave it to Obama for the year even before he took office. It is now a purely political award.

For science it was to be for “the most important discovery or invention” (from Nobel’s will). It is now more about the internal politics of science than it is the “greatest discovery or invention” of a field.

Exactly, an inverter to change dc to ac,

So your house business can keep existing infrastructure intact, I agree.

However, your house/business is NOT running on dc, it is running on ac, the same as it always has, the generator is now just dc

But it still has to be inverted and transformered to use in the existing infrastructure.

I would expect that some DC storage will be used with the home LENR generator systems and at first people will remain on the grid for some time for their peak household demand requirements and seasonal peaks. However, eventually air conditioning, heating, cooking and other items will be given LENR "boosts" to lower that peak demand. If you can get 20:1 then there will be a lot of conversion over for things that use heat.

Of course it will have been tested and the client may even want to view a test. They will certainly assure themselves it is safe. As Rossi has stated, they plan to start slowly, probably with a MW or two.

Corporations are not keen to ever get the government involved, I doubt they would inform the government of early trials.

You think you know how corporations work, but you don't.

Amazing that you know what "they" will certainly do when you don't even know who the client is.