oldguy Member
  • Member since Oct 1st 2016
  • Last Activity:

Posts by oldguy

The QX is now rated at 1 kW. There are two versions of the SK (named after physicists) 5 kW ^ 100 kW, Rossi says the QX has been tested for over a year, the SK 5 not so long. He hopes to choose which one to produce next week, following current tests.

He has decided to sell metered heat rather than sell the reactors. He appears to have a customer who wants 40 MW so there us incentive to go to the SK 5.

The SK5 is about the same size as the QX, the SK 100 is ~ ten times larger and on the back burner. He says the SK 100 has been used to run a gas turbine. I expect he will show a mass produced industrial SK 5 not operating in Jan 2019 and we won;t get proof until later in the year.

Strange, claiming output but no word about input power. I have a 1kW room heater sitting in the corner. But that alone means nothing. What is the claimed COP?

My forecast is that others will make it to the LENR market place and sale items long before Rossi ever has an independent (no touch by Rossi and by no one who has worked with him) verification. And of course Rossi will stand on the side lines claiming the Russians stole his fuel and others stole his Tech but never getting his own to work.

frequency hopping.

Fellow old guy. I agree that there is less than a snowball's odds in hell that Rossi has anything, but I disagree with your example. Probably 99% of the scientists so identified have probably never heard of Rossi or LENR. Your sample is not representative.

Just tying to show his (Adrian's) fallacy saying that because a few people think Rossi is credible, then it must be so. Just hoping he could see that is logic is flawed.

Not at all. Adrian is arguing that public support for Rossi from prominent scientists gives Rossi credibility. Lack of that does not.

That logic would seem to mean if there are more scientists that do not support Rossi than those that do support him, then Rossi is less than credible than credible.

Note there are an estimated 7.5 million scientists-

http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0023/002354/235407e.pdf

and how many claim to publicly support Rossi - perhaps 7,

so the odds with this logic is there is a 1 in a million chance that he is credible.

The goal of a demo should not be for others to disprove anything - it should be for the demonstrator to prove that it does work. If many others have doubts after a demo and show that it had failed and missing measurements then it is the demo that has failed.

Bottom line, Rossi failed to measure the input power in any convincing way and left may questions unanswered. It was a failed demo.

Motives-

Rossi continues to do “demonstrations” but never any that are subject to verification or “convincing proof”. The question then is why those actions?

It would seem there are two possible reasons: 1) it is not a real functioning device so he cannot make a convincing proof or 2) he does not want to give a convincing proof to confuse replicators or to prevent some business acceptance.

However, if it is #2, then ; why do a demo at all? That seems to leave reason #1.

began to look into his background and realized it would take a lot of research to properly report on Andrea Rossi.

I know Mike and Marianne well. They have even stayed at my house. You might want to check with Marianne about what they think of Rossi now.

http://infinite-energy.com/iem…ng-a-lawsuit-in-lenr.html

"making him “the biggest environmental hero in Italy” before events had turned his story in the opposite direction."

" He had explained to us that his interest in cold fusion began in prison,.."

"Michael Melich is on record in two public tutorials saying that Rossi’s 2009 demonstrations seemed to show that he was producing about 10 KW"

"The bottom line is that there was not a conclusive Rossi test to report that we witnessed."

Ascoli65 

Your goal posts are not mine.

I will be happy with a few simple things, like knowing what materials work reliably, what factors are most important in my figure of merits, what conditions must me meet to generate the effects, a friendly working environment that accepts studies on LENR.....

To go for large commercialization devices before the scientific acceptance will most likely be futile.

Many have gone down that path but it has not produced anything. Outlandish claims by Rossi without verification has almost destroyed the field.

Oh you might find a few small items done but large items will not come until there is some better understanding of the reactions and materials required.

My view is that you must have short term definite goals in life and long term objectives. You might have an objective of producing half the world's electricity with LENR but we need to have definite near term goals before we can reach such futuristic objectives.

I guess I am "old guard". It seemed as though with Rossi, the goals moved away from science and understanding to commercialization and large outputs (at least 1kW). But to me, my goal posts are in the science. I would be happy just to see numerous journal papers and conditions changed so that young grad students were not told to avoid the field, and PhD dissertations where written without fear.

....Perhaps when Science, Nature, and Sci. American have a half dozen positive articles in a year.

Of course the question then becomes, how to get there.

" a while longer", is better than the "soon", we have been hearing about. :) I hope the best for IH. As McKubre said today; it is not a matter of who gets there first, let us just get there...or something like that.

Keep in touch.

My question would be is where is the "there" and how will be know we are there? Where are the goal posts?

In the interests of historical accuracy, I should point out that the correct order of names is F&P, not P&F. It doesn't trip off the tongue so easily, but if you want to find their work it is best to have it correct. *

* Possibly I should get out more.

well to be historically accurate it should be F, P and H. Don't forget Hawkins. F and P stated in the errata that Marvin was accidentally left off. Fleischmann, Martin and Pons, Stanley, "Electrochemically Induced Nuclear Fusion of Deuterium" Journal of Electroanalytical Chemistry, Vol. 261, Issue 2, Part 1, p. 301-308 (April 10, 1989) and errata (with Marvin Hawkins) in Vol. 263, p. 187-188, (1989)

and I get out even less. :)

Nobody knows if the SK is viable yet, not even Rossi.

strange since Rossi sure sounded like he had the SK at >1 and even retrofitting them with gas turbines. Should we believe you or what "Rossi says"\

Raffaele Bongo

June 22, 2018 at 3:22 PM

Hello A. Rossi

The coupling of a reactor with a turbine seems very promising for the electric propulsion of land vehicles

Can you tell us how many Quark SK 100s have you installed in this reactor that you are testing and have you ever reached a COP greater than 1?

Thank you for your answers

All my support for your team

Best regards

Andrea Rossi

June 22, 2018 at 4:27 PM

Raffaele Bongo:

We have installed one reactor and the COP has been >1.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

and:

Chuck Davis
    July 14, 2018 at 7:01 PM

Dr Rossi:

1- do you already have a gas turbine operating?

2- if yes, which dimensions vs power?

Regards,

Chuck Davis

Andrea Rossi
    July 15, 2018 at 2:39 AM

Chuck Davis:

1- yes

2- the power density is the highest I ever reached. Premature to give numbers.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

and then there are his claims in JONP of

Rossi: Maximum Temperature from the E-Cat SK is 20,000°C

Satirical - Yes, a 40MW reactor would be of great interest to regulators, spies, military, utilities,….. I predict that Rossi will need to hide it behind the same material used in the Doral mezzanine heat exchanger to be invisible to cameras, satellites, IR scanners, landlords, and neighbors for a year and without any airflow blowing on those walking by or planes flying by. Also the advanced technology will be put together by itinerant workers from the Home Depot parking lot paid without an audit trail and who keep secrets better than ex-CIA directors and Clinton’s interns in blue dresses.