Roger Member
  • Member since Dec 16th 2016
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Roger

there are many invalidating counter-examples in the history of science.

We're not, in LENR, dealing as much with science, as with a stale, rancid and angry academia, and with a market whose freedom is abhorrent for some entrenched interests.

Don't expect shills to be able to engage in rational conversation.

I just can not believe anyone pays attention to the guy anymore

and yet here you are, repeating this kind of line every couple weeks
    Olol why are people still interested in Rossi

But hey you're the most friendly of the 3k+ posts shills here, your colleagues are more like

Olol why are people still interested in LENR

At least you got the least toxic part of the good cop/bad cop routine!

This was definitely my big laugh for the day. It's not that the Ecat people said this as nothing they say surprises me since I know the Ecat has never worked. What was funny is that some people seem to actually believe this. What's next? That there is a mini black hole in the Ecat?

Anything is possible my friend. I mean, we live in a world where people spend hours, each and every day, on obscure internet forums, repeating that stuff they're sure is woowoo, is definitely woowoo. It's as if they're trying to convince themselves of something they define as self-evident. When science meets psychiatry...

Their behavior is akin to someone cherishing the daily hobby of telling everyone that the earth is round-shaped, and that we aren't surrounded by a wall of ice (do note that the official science of a certain political regime definitely stated that we were).

Roger,

Too bad the LT Ecat (1MW) is now obsolete. It had already been proven in the year long Doral operation, and according to one of the Licensees (Proia), and Eng48 (ECW), had customers lined up ready to buy. It was as close to market ready as anything Rossi has ever had. Now, well, it is dead and buried. So sad. :)

But looking on the bright side; we only have to wait a long, long, long time for the QX to get to market! By then, he should be at sigma....infinity?

I'm sorry but that doesn't address what you wrote before: "most of the planet knows there will never be a product at all, for obvious reasons."
    What would those obvious reasons be?

I think the main issue at is that at L-F you have a lot of* people with a strong technical background who have come to the conclusion that Rossi's claims are entirely ridiculous.

I'm not sure being coders or software analysts qualifies as strong technical background in the LENR field. Neither does being electrical engineers (though it's a bit more helpful)

Who cares who, or what they defend their Lugano results to...just do it! They are scientists right...is that not what scientists are supposed to do? You submit a paper, and then you defend it. Simple. That is what peer review is all about.

But what scientists don't do - because they have much better things to pursue - is spending time answering paid internet trolls' filibustering, especially when they're in the process of studying things that massively threaten entrenched financial and industrial interests

Astroturfing is the practice of masking the sponsors of a message or organization (e.g., political, advertising, religious or public relations) to make it appear as though it originates from and is supported by a grassroots participant(s). It is a practice intended to give the statements or organizations credibility by withholding information about the source's financial connection.

I can't imagine a circumstance in which any live demonstration extending over only a couple of hours would convincingly demonstrate the reality of excess heat in his system.

Indeed. I mean, it's not because there's excess heat, that there's excess heat, right?

Way too hard to compare energy in / energy out. Ah well, time to move on, folks. Anyone feeling sleepy? all this pseudo-science is so tiresome... zzz

I have already given you concrete reasons why one might distrust BrLP

So who exactly do you trust amongst the LENR researchers?
    It might come as a shock, this forum is named lenr-forum, it's supposed to discuss lenr, i.e. it somehow believes it's real. Amazing isn't it? to think that after all those years, there are still gullible scientists working on it and should-know-better investors who just enjoy to waste money.

It is pointless, and possibly counterproductive, to include such an incomplete and potentially misleading experiment description in the report. I suggested the first time the report came out that Gullstrom should leave those experiment sections out of his report if he expects to get it published. Whether or not he was inspired by the Rossi experiments, the reported Rossi experiments as they are now presented add nothing but confusion to the already speculative work of Gullstrom.

That's really too bad you're not in their labs offering advice! Think of all the science you could offer the world

Reddit is one of the worst places for free speech. It's filled with astroturfers and social engineers managing fake accounts, and the upvote/downvote system (gamed with those fake accounts) is a blessing to suppress opinions, and hype others.

E-Cat/dog, pony/(work)horse, wow so clever very inversion
    And there are people paid to meme those things. Truly we are a fascinating species hellbent on being auto-suppressive, it merely requires lacking any subtlety

"pathoskeptic technofascism" - wow, is that a thing? Or is it just nonsense?

From your fellow "skeptic":

I have a full-page ad from Life magazine from the 1950s featuring 16 medical doctors extolling the health benefits of smoking Camel cigarettes.

Technofascism is exactly what it sounds like: entrenched industrial and financial interests profiteering from commercialized products, who socially engineer the dominance and ongoing commercialization of their products, and prevent the emergence of competition, through coercion (hence the "pathoskepticism"). Most of the time, it's stealthy ("you don't want to lose your lab budget, do you?"), but sometimes people die (eg. Eugene Mallove). Between the "respected scientific types" who laugh at the idea of LENR, and the hitman taking out a way too vocal activist, there's all kinds of stuff, such as astroturfing.

There is NO competition

Lol? of course there is. Brillouin or Mills (even if he claims no LENR reaction) come to mind, plus all the quiet industrials who have been testing LENR-based reactions for a decade.

I DO know that legitimate people do not lie, lie and lie more

I do agree with that

The bankrupt spirit who exists without hope exemplifies the nature of the enemies of the LENR paradigm.

"I am the spirit that negates" says Mephistopheles

That's exactly how the pathoskeptic technofascism works: "why bother studying LENR, it's not real!" "we can't stop using pesticides, biodynamics is a hoax!" "you need this 25k$ cancer treatment, there's zero proof that fasting or heavy doses or Vitamin C have any effect!"
    They do have hope: fleeting hope that by negating facts, they will allow their masters to profit a little while longer from obsolete technologies (which are enslaving and destructive for the environment and living things, moreover)