Roger Member
  • Member since Dec 16th 2016
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Roger

But I'm very pleased with the quality and content of some of the posters who have shown up in the last few months and am optimistic that this trend will continue

You mean the disposable accounts helping THH, MY, JR and others engage in endless, empty drivel exchange, so that this forum is gradually filled with anti-LENR noise?

I don't understand what's going on anymore. You troll the hell (and it's hilarious) out of poor MY who's obviously a professional troll with a mission to debunk LENR, yet it seems you think LENR is a big nothingburger.
    Is this another good cop/bad cop tactic?

@ Roger,

I can share only the first part of your hypothesis, ie that Rossi is on the stage to play the role of a providential inventor, a sort of Tesla of the XXI century. The last part is impossible: LENR (assuming you meant this supposed technology) doesn't exist.

Of course it doesn't: why else would people spend years writing about its nonexistence, across all blogs and forums that dare mention it?

Nor I think that the Ecat affair was aimed to tarnish LENR research. Maybe the opposite, as its developments suggest.

So one of the hypothesis for this whole affair, would be that Rossi is the main actor in the progressive, drama-filled disclosure of a technology that's probably been used by the military for quite a while?

For all the ludicrousness some might find in it, it's certainly much more rational than 'Rossi has nothing and is a master conman/hypnotist'

Today the USS "Gerald R. Ford" flag-ship carrier has been put into service. The ship contains a new "nuclear reactor" of unknown type, that does not need conventional refueling.

Whether it is an LENR/Boron-fusion or Li-LENR reactor, we don't yet know. Just relate this info with the IH-settlement, the mfp show case in India and the known fact, that a large Japanese vendor of nuclear power plants did not follow up (some 15 years ago) it's huge COP technology to replace conventional reactors...

I don't believe the new railgun-sporting Zumwalts run on gas turbines, either.
    There's been MHD-based aircraft for how many decades now? TR3B, Aurora, who knows what else, I'd be extremely surprised if "cold fusion" hasn't been used as an energy source by the military for quite a while now. But this is all kooky tinfoil talk, just like "breakaway civilisation". Doesn't mean it's impossible, though.

ecg,

Right about what? Siffer said a lot of things, and I am not sure which right is right?

And your flaming Eric, after doing the same to Sig is not going to get you anywhere here. Better go back to being one of those polite trolls, or I will simply block you. Will be the first time for me.

Ouch, blocked by Shane D., the "good cop" of the arguments. That sure would be humiliating!

Mostly rational: being unconvinced of something, therefore not spending most of you waking hours debunking it, as you don't think it's real and you don't need to convince yourself nor others that's it's a waste of time
    Mostly irrational: being unconvinced of something, and spending most of you waking hours debunking it.
    Being an online liar: pretending an unconvincing mystery (???) is worth spending most of your waking hours debunking it.

What are the hypothesis explaining 25+ years of worldwide research into LENR?
    Many verified scientists are kookoos, quacks, frauds, and form a LENR sect as they exchange upon this subject, gather in conferences, much like Flat Earth Societies, Rossi is a hypnotist, swedish scientists are gullible etc etc
    Or, LENR is real

"I'm unconvinced but it's a mystery even though I don't believe there's enough relevant materiel to prove there's a mystery, but that won't prevent me from writing thousands of posts under different aliases to tell everyone how unconvinced I am: this is the scientific method according to me and a great way to make technological progress"

Personally, I find the evidence for LENR unconvincing, but there is unfinished business that keeps me here

For the "skeptics", it's been unconvincing for 25+ years, surely you must understand it by now. Wouldn't a rational mind, upon decades of witnessing only quacky bunk, pursue other more fruitful intellectual ventures?
    Isn't it a wee bit weird that you've been posting 1000+ times (under that moniker) that LENR is unconvincing and that Rossi is a fraud?

But maybe you're trying to convince yourself. In which case, shouldn't you sort out your own ken and beliefs before exchanging with people?

@Zephir_AWT's account has been suspended for two weeks.

And this will do nothing to quieten the accusations stating that you are a social engineer whose goal has been to slowly take hold of this forum, and let problematic individuals such as maryyugo and dewey weaver spread their disinfo and character assassination daily, while banning pro-LENR pro-Rossi members.
    I mean, it's only been nearly a year since we've been able to witness you peddle your trade. Don't get angry though, you're really not the only one here being a shill/social engineer. There are many others, but they're not in a moderator position... yet?

I have to commend you, though, for not using AI software to write your posts, which you write yourself. Old-school shilling has that friendly human touch we've all grown to know and love!

What are the # of the ad hoc hypothesis you just had to invent to justify Cherokee/IH opting for a settling and not feeling too good about it, when their representants both acknowledged and stealthy have been clamoring for more than a year that Rosscammy's E-Bunk is a nothing burger heater? Surely that doesn't compute, a blatant fraud is blatant and is easily proven.
    "Blast those plebeian juries who will always think of the bigger guy as an evil Goliath, when IH is only about bringing good to the world, and unfortunately falls prey to mythomaniac pseudo-inventors. Such is the reward for being overly generous and trusting!"
    "Well, since Rossi already hypnotized other potential partners, and scientists moreover, there was a high risk that he would have succeeded in manipulating the whole judicial process. IH was right in assessing this risk and fouding it worrisome"

From http://coldfusioncommunity.net/rvd-settled/

"Darden remained sitting, not interacting with anyone. Serious face."

"Darden was philosophical. He was, here, accepting a loss of about $20 million, but Darden, with Cherokee, certainly risks that level of investment commonly, and risk implies that sometimes one will lose."
    "Rossi walked out and I shook his hand and he warmly returned it."

Does that tell us anything about how the main protagonists feel about the end of this affair?

Yes let's talk star wars because it's really relevant with the energetical breakthrough of cold fusion/LENR and all the astroturfing, disinfo, and social engineering that's been deployed for years to slow it down

This forum is a textbook case of those, and perhaps AI bots too, or rather their help in generating posts

THuxley: It's really impossible to answer you, as you know you're lying, and you know that I know that you know that you're lying.

Anyway, let's say there's hardly any trace of scientific method at work in the 1600+ derogaroty, character-assassinating, endlessly nitpicking, filibustering posts that you wrote about Rossi and his work, it's just a gigantic waste of time for a rational human being, who would instead pursue scientific work and experiments himself, if he's really interested in the scientific progress of LENR. Because the proof in the pudding and all that pathological, bad, pseudo-scientific empirical approach.

Therefore, except for a disturbing passion for a charismatic italian inventor, how would you explain such time wasted upon such a quackey, kerdunkly, woo-woo klutzbong bunch of hokum? I'm sure most people who have heard of the E-Cat and Rossi know that it's all a big giant scam of the millenia by now, you people have been writing it daily and numerous times for more than a decace.

Dewey: you know you're in a bad place when all you have left as ammo are reverse accusations, and you pre-emptively accuse your opponent of what he knows about yourself, while pretending to uphold the values he's trying to enforce.

I'm here since 2014 and have not noticed what you claim.

and neither have all the posters who are here astroturfing for Cherokee and who knows else, sharing a common interest in character assassination, filibustering, and hampering the progress of science

It's no news for people who have been reading this forum for a while that, indeed, this person is extremely biased and goes above and beyond the call of IH (and who else?) to silence dissenting opinions about the treatment of this affair.

Smith testified that it was not. Especially, the staircase could not have supported the materials being carried up it:

"The only access to the mezzanine is a rickety wooden stairs, which the attorneys made this author climb first (load test) before they would use it

They were most probably lifted to the upper level, not carried up on the staircase.