Bruce__H Member
  • Member since Jul 22nd 2017
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Bruce__H

Bob Greenyer posted an automatically generated (i.e., using a speech recognition program) transcript of Rossi's recent demonstration. It is tough to read for several reasons, among then the fact that the software cannot distinguish between different speakers and so on.

I have gone through the transcript and made it more readable (see link below). I have also occasionally inserted time stamps keyed to the audio-enhanced YouTube version of the presentation

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Readable version of SK presentation transcript: Automatic transcript of Jan 31 2019 ECAT-SK.txt

Bob Greenyer posted an automatically generated (i.e., using a speech recognition program) transcript of Rossi's recent demonstration. It is tough to read for several reasons, among then the fact that the software cannot distinguish between different speakers and so on.

I have gone through the transcript and made it more readable (see link below). I have also occasionally inserted time stamps keyed to the audio-enhanced YouTube version of the presentation

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Readable version of SK presentation transcript: Automatic transcript of Jan 31 2019 ECAT-SK.txt

• David February 1, 2019 at 9:36 AM

Dear Dr Rossi:

Congratulations, the presentation of yesterday has been fantastic; many of us have been worried for the evident signs that your hard work has left on your face and voice, but the historical achievement you reached yesterday is so big that most have not understood its implications

Thank you for your efforts,

David

Yes indeed. Thanks David! We need these posts from Rossi sockpuppets to put Rossi's accomplishments in their true perspective. Here is my all-time favourite ...

March 25, 2018 at 3:26 PM

Dear Andrea:

I watched the whole 3 hours video of your convincing demonstration with the Ecat QX at the IVA of Stockholm on November 24th.

I notice your body language: you appear shy, humble, most of time keeping low your head, while saying things of momentous importance and giving a strong demo in front of one of the highest scientific echelons of the world: this all has been born after more than twenty years of hard work of studies and experiments that made you the undisputed number 1 of the world in this sector.

What a contrast between what you are and what you are doing and the shy attitude you show.

Good luck to you and your team for your important job.

Dawn

On ECW they already know why the presentation was of such a bad quality (technically and contentual):

ECW is like an exotic zoo. You can see all sorts of animals there including some recently thought extinct.

I notice, though, that LENR Forum has its own exotica. One of them is performing right now promoting this idea that Rossi purposely made a dreadful presentation: see Atom-Ecology (post #1777)

@Director

Did the SK core look as you imagined it might? I didn't see EVOs although, I don't really know what they would look like. Also, the core looked to me as though it is in the glow discharge state of a plasma rather than the arc discharge region that you seemed to suggest was characteristic for EVOs and subsequent LENR phenomena. Any thoughts on this?

Not just Rossi. Y. Arata and some other old-school scientists I knew did that. They used kWh/h. They also put units in square brackets: 25 [kWh/h].

Yes. I remember Rossi pointing to some textbook when this all came up before. I understand that it is all just a choice of the formalism one wants to use. What confused me when Mr Rossi was addressing all this was that he didn't seem to understand that it is at base just a choice of how to talk about things. He seemed to think that it had to be kWh/h. That was concerning.

850-cbe17ab980fa56d2bb3bcffc8abc10fc946b16b7.png Shane D. wrote: If you were a factory owner, would this demonstration make you interested in this product?

Small company - yes.

Large company with engineers on staff - no.

I modify my answer:

Small company - yes, because of the discount. But this initial "yes" might not last past the point where they try to involve their insurance company. If your insurance company finds that you are heating your commercial premises with an experimental nuclear heater with no safety documentation I think they might raise your premiums by several thousand percent.

I think today is the day of decision for Rossi, if he does not deliver now a more than convincing presentation, a functioning, marketable product that produces 27KW/h, which is already in use with a paying customer (as he claims) , then his story is completely burned.

I don't think that today is a day of decision. The way Mr Rossi has structured this thing there are no criteria for success or failure that will be made available today. He has said explicitly that this is not a test or even a demonstration and he has created no expectation that the customer will be revealed today. There is nothing that we will know tomorrow that we don't know right this instant (about 1 hour prior to the Jan 31 event).

So when is the crucial moment? 6 months from now? A year from now? What will it look like?

http://www.ecat-thenewfire.com…ue-presentation-e-cat-sk/

Vessy Nikolova, author of "Ecat The New Fire", put this out the other day about the upcoming demo. At the end, she links to the Cassarino deposition (Rossi's AmpEnergo partner) from the court documents, and asks you to read it. IMO, it makes Rossi look bad, so I am curious why she would ask for anyone to read it. She obviously admires the man. She must think it makes Rossi look good, and IH bad. Anyone else read it, and see it her way?

I've read over Cassarino's deposition. I have the same impression as you that Rossi appears in a bad light. In particular, Cassarino says that IH tried but failed to replicate Rossi's results.

How hard is it to put on a show like this? Creating a plasma is definitely no problem (for instance every fluorescent light contains a plasma). Does anyone know how hard it is to create balls of light and flashes etc?

By the way, my questions are sincere. I'm no expert on plasmas and I genuinely don't know how easy or hard it is to get impressive effects with them. Does anyone know?

There is another bit of proof Gates is funding LENR. It is in the IH/Rossi court documents, but I forgot where. Hate when that happens. Darden is talking about other investments in LENR, and mentions Gates, and I believe how much he put into Duncan. I believe Darden and Gates know each other personally.

I have searched occurrences of "Gates" or "Duncan" in the depositions of Darden and JT Vaughn, and also in all docket files in the Darden v Rossi case. No hits yet. Can you suggest some other search terms?

I did not mean to say it would be hard, or something normal fluorescent lights could not do, or that it makes the demo any more legitimate...just that he is setting up to put on a show for us. So the demo should be a little more exciting than what PhysicsforDummies is expecting. And he said we would be impressed, so let us see what he has in store.

I sort of thought this is what you meant. I just thought it was a good idea to put on the record, ahead of time, the thought that a lot of the things promised for the show have no necessary connection with LENR.

Mr Rossi has been working overtime to instill a lot of unjustified assumptions in his followers. Among them are that since Jan 31 is intended as a sales event, the ECats as a whole must have passed the verification stage with flying colours. Another is that mysterious lights must mean something deeply significant. Many of the contributors on ECat World have lapped this all up without complaint and are all ready for the show!

I don't know about that. He has said we would be very impressed with the 2 hour pre-recorded video of the SK's putting on a light show, that will be shown during the demo. I have never heard him saying anything like that before. 7 camera angles...sounds like some razzle dazzle, so maybe the excitement is warranted?

How hard is it to put on a show like this? Creating a plasma is definitely no problem (for instance every fluorescent light contains a plasma). Does anyone know how hard it is to create balls of light and flashes etc? I would have thought that this is the normal mode when you pump energy into a gas and that what is hard is for the plasma to be even and stable.

Clarke was right about (1) but wrong about (2) and (3). This is what Thomas Kuhn's books were about.

Think of the Copernican revolution or any major paradigm shift you like. The narrative that grows up around it is not of the 'we knew it all along' variety.

So we have to come up with something extremely convincing, get hundreds of parties to replicate, and then throw all the results in the face of MIT. Then they will apologize for the simple reason that NOT DOING SO will look WORSE than them continuing to deny the reality of the tech.

They will do no such thing, but just pretend they were in favour all along.

If it works, They will spin it that way

I don't think that any of these views are correct. If an extremely convincing demonstration comes along, mainstream science will become very very interested but won't apologize or claim that they knew all along. Instead this will be seen as a radical departure from the status quo and the narrative will be that a few intrepid souls kept at it against the odds. Lots of scientific revolutions have this sort of narrative. The key here is that it needs to fit into the central self-image of scientists which is that good enough data trumps all. Right now the data are not good enough.

Alan Smith

A lot of this, not all, is about language. You make the case that university administration salaries are a large-scale drain on research at universities in the UK and Italy. I don't see how this functions as anyone holding someone or something "hostage" but I think that your particular choice of words should not obscure the point you are making.

I still disagree with you. Empire building, corporatization of university administration, and high salaries for the upper echelon of administrators are all real problems. It is just that they aren't the major factor in determining the quality or quantity of research at these institutions. Other, more important, factors are at play. Administrator's salaries and research-project funds in most Western countries come from different funding streams so decreasing money going to administrators does not increase the money funding scientists -- it might be a better deal for the public purse but it doesn't help the science.

One often hears or reads outraged commentary about the number of administrators outweighing the number of research staff at universities. But the truth is that, given the way these things are measured, a 50/50 ratio is about right. This is because "administration" usually includes everything from janitors to technicians to secretarial staff to librarians to university presidents whereas "research staff" does not include graduate students and postdocs who do a huge amount of the actual research work.

In my experience the primary factor controlling scientific productivity in universities is academics themselves when they decide who to hire into a department and when they sit on funding agency boards. Bad decisions in these roles, often resulting from nepotism, can quickly render a department unproductive. This has nothing to do with the number of overhead administrators or their salaries.

For what it is worth, the UK has historically punched above its weight in research quality. It still does. The Nature Index https://www.natureindex.com/co…rate/All/global/All/score lists the UK as 4th worldwide for the number of quality papers published in 2018. Given that the UK is nowhere near 4th in population in the developed world, this is a solid result. Italy, with about the same population as the UK stands only 12th in the number of quality papers published. Why? As far as I can determine, Italian Universities have about the same 50/50 ratio of administrative to research staff as the UK (I would be grateful if someone can dig out more on this) so it isn't that. Instead, Italy has a more closed and incestuous structure for hiring and funding. Low-producing faculty members are brought along because they are clubbable and then get stuck in the system (for instance see https://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1810/1810.12667.pdf).