LeBob Verified User
  • Member since Jul 18th 2019
  • Last Activity:

Posts by LeBob

Seems like a more direct heating/stimulation method than the 'original' heating set up.

This confuses me. The patent mentions hydrinos and being that this is called an ionised gas reactor don't you think that that's the example that fits the mold best?

The U.S. Patent for the Ionized Gas Reactor is attached.lenr-forum.com/attachment/12618/ Parallel patents have issued worldwide.

Extract from U.S. Patent 9,994,450: “…the inventors have performed operational and quantitative testing that leads to the belief that the efficiencies gained in the operation of the High Energy Plasma Generator may be the result of a unique, and heretofore undiscovered, simplified process related to the structure and method of operation of the invention.”

Although the Patent states this may reflect the formation of hydrinos, the work of Peter Graneau suggests a different explanation may prove correct. The IGR can theoretically generate more power than it uses.

Unfortunately that link doesn't work.

Would be satisfying to have signatures for these compounds. Am guessing the psuedo-silver is coming from Palladium or another of the platinum group metals close to silver. Probably these special hydrides work best with those metals? Are these precoius metals cost effective when power potential from a picochemical keV scale reactions is expected and how long will they last when compared to fossil and fissioning fuels? Deuterium or protium, still could form dual nuclei atomic compounds with plentiful iron and nickel. I wonder which combo is best from an efficiency, cost and enthalpy energetics standpoint.

color changes are expected in these reactions? The trends and variances in color across differing metal hydride forms should amaze.

Thanks for the clarification!

I agree with JedRothwell. There aren't any reported yet in public space.
    If any reliable high repeatability would exist LENR science would now be main stream.

Maybe the energetic results are widespread and repeatable. Just look, see that they are fragmented and dissasotiated by labels, slightly different theories and the false association that in order for it to be a successful energy source we need predictable fusion pathway results. Part of this is accepting alternate pathways of emerging light. If it was all heaped into one label or range of phenomina the reproducibility would seem a bit higher.

I agree with JedRothwell. There aren't any reported yet in public space.
    If any reliable high repeatability would exist LENR science would now be main stream.

Maybe the energetic results are widespread and repeatable. Just look, see that they are fragmented and dissasotiated by labels, slightly different theories and the false association that in order for it to be a successful energy source we need predictable fusion pathway results. Part of this is accepting alternate pathways of emerging light.

IIRC, Yet-Ming Chiang also stated that their (Schenkel / Google) Claytor replication was very stable and repeatable, though only producing a small number of neutrons. Philip Ball also wrote an article suggesting that they were making preliminary measurements of other nuclear products, though this has not been published yet; assuming I understand everything correctly.

Again pretty sure the small number of neutrons is because most of the reaction events didn't trouble the nuclei of the involved atoms. Thanks for sharing!

Any info on how the properties of what Holmid observed in results compare to the resulting polymers observed by Mills et la? Like binding strength of these clusters? Some are saying they fall apart and spontaneously produce energy in some circumstances and in others it's a super durable interesting material.

I think the difference is Mills' hydride polymers are formed from already condensed hydrogen and seem to be relatively stable and interactive. They still apparently have strange magnetic properties and are very chemically stable, according to what his company says.

LeBob

My understanding (which could be incorrect) is that the form of H(0) that releases energy to the surroundings upon formation is also the form that supports the annihilation-like nuclear reactions.

So, by producing useful amounts of what could be named high-energy chemistry, it's sort of implied that significant energy in the form of nuclear reactions could potentially be released, if one wanted to.

I see. What about the hydrino picohydride polymer, white web like, material that Mills is producing? I was sure *H2 (possibly in a polymerised form) would be significantly more stable than regular chemical compounds and the most radioactive majority of isotopes. Something with useful material qualities like graphene. I'm thinking it's the condensed large liquid clusters of *H that are prone to annialation like reactions.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Zinc probably burns in a much more interesting way as well? As a metal does it have the dense hydride bonding or catalyzing properties?

Deuterium will be used in the high pressure fusion vessel, while Hydrogen will be used to produce the high energy negative muons.

The reason for choosing fusion might be that conversion of energy caused by annihilation is much more complicated.

Seeing that hydrogen is more plentiful and we desire simplicity and safety for our hydrogen reactor, the set up that seems the most intuitive is using *H2 formation itself. You eliminate many of the complications as you essentially end up with really high energy chemistry.

Vacuum capacitor doesn't utilize plasma being vacuum based and metals and other conductive materials would disrupt electron distribution.

I know, this isn't about making a better vacuum capacitor. The electron condensate that is said to store the electrons is what I am refering to. My point was this electron plasma capacitor environment inputs and outputs only electrons. Just seems like you could turn a capacitor with this electron concentrating approach into a reactor cell that emits electricity directly. If I am missing something feel free to clarify. Maybe even what Holmid thinks is annialation is collective emission of single energised electrons from multiple hydrogen shrinking/bonding events. But I ain't arguing that, just that this capacitor concept would be an interesting vessel for funneling electrical energy from and supporting the fire.

The concept of having a heater in a shipping container that initially generates 15 kW of heat and only slowly (years) will have a higher power capacity is commercially not attractive.

The construction is dimentioned such that it can deliver 500 kW, so why not control the number of fusions in such way that it is able to generate 500 kW all the time.

I would be much more interested in technology that converts the annihilation energy rather than fusion energy.

We should use the best source for human needs and convenience. I don't understand the fixation on fusion considering the options below it and maybe above it. If hydrogen can be converted to high energy electrons directly, as well as pico-hydride chemistry producing blacklight and soft X-ray level energies practically.... Why do we need to use these proccesses too enhance fusion again?? Pico-chemistry is an optimum oxidative chemistry, radioisotope decay and fission replacement; atomic annialation to energetic muons is better than fusion, best for the most high energy applications.

Interesting update can !

Certainly looking at Safire/Aureon work (and contacts with the boss) suggest (but only suggest) that mixed-gas plasmas can have remarkable self-sustaining behaviour. Reading between the lines of their published work indicates that a low-pressure mix of say Argon and Hydrogen can self-organise and self sustain, the mix of light and heavy ions perhaps causing some interesting ricochet effects. Of course, their plasmas are radiative so not conservative which means they are too 'leaky' to work as a useful storage mechanism. Unless they are generative of course.

What I was proposing was that whatever mix of elements and charged particles are trapped in the capacitor would be arranged in order to have an optimum reaction environment. A reactive metal substrate either a powder or some hydrogen permeable wafer/anode would be inside the capacitor. The dense "entangled" electron plasma would surround the bonding of hydrogen isotopes with metal atoms. I am hoping for high frequency light and energized electrons (heV-keV scale, below gamma) as the overpoweringly main energetic products. A vacuum capacitor or super capacitor like device has potencially plenty conversion.

Why not - but the material tested must be perfect A) stable in vacuum B) resistant against free electrons and their reducing effect C) perfect insulator or it would affect vacuum and/or distribution of electrons and most probably ruin it. And size of sample must indeed remain miniscule. There is still question, whether the vacuum capacitor could work with other particles than electrons, for example hydrogen nuclei, i.e. protons - you'll need the source of free protons after then.

Some sort of high temperature ceramic container probably, with a well placed fuel wafer coated in a high surface area hydrogen/metal reaction interface. Remember hydrogen is technically a metal to, so suncell like *H2 chemistry should work as would denser *H inside Fe and/or Ni (possibly as a steel alloy) for example.

Vacuum capacitor is primarily the mean of concentration of charged particles. So far we discussed energy storage applications, superconductive application, antigravity/scalar wave detecting/radiating applications for communication at distance or even flying balloon application.. But how the nuclear reactions would behave inside it (these involving beta decay in particular)? Well, it's the whole unknown area of physics. For example, nothing prohibits us to replace electrons with protons and to watch what will happen there with protons itself and/or with another materials interacting with them.

Was simply wondering about placing a small dense H2 or Dufour's hot tube like set up inside a vacuum capacitor. would the electron density help and could the light from pico-chemical dual nuclei reactions act as an amplifier for a capacitor with high electron density? This would turn a theoretical energy storage apparatus into a theoretical utilizer of medium atomic bond potencials.

can said something interesting on the picochemistry thread. this formula has said the other half to what i was proposin assuming the vacuum capacitor is a possible thing!

"Large density of hydrogen in its atomic form

• Not just in the atmosphere (mostly at low pressure as otherwise it will very rapidly form H2), but also loosely bound to the surface of metal catalysts and other surfaces by adsorption. More strongly bound hydrogen (e.g. in a regular hydride) will probably not be directly useful for the reaction but would have to be released first.
    • Large amount of excess electrons in the environment
      • Might come from high current densities when an electric current is applied as in Mills' case (generally), or from gaseous alkali atoms as in Dufour's case. Holmlid's K-Fe oxide catalysts also provide this function as their surface gives off an alkali "cloud" upon heating.
    • The presence of a third body in the reaction acting as a heat sink.
      • Energy must be efficiently removed from the newly formed dense clusters, or they will revert back to the ordinary form without giving off energy to the environment: this is after all a condensation process.

I think in low-temperature (up to perhaps 1000–1500°C) static gas systems the first point might be the limiting factor, but in ordinary "clean" plasma discharge systems the third one could be instead, together with H density.

Note that in the hot tube iron-sodium (+SiC) experiment by Dufour as referred in this thread the average excess power was in the order of 0.5 W (actual input power not clear, but it appears to have been in the order of several watts). Just applying heat under static conditions doesn't seem to usually give off appreciable excess heat as many other similar experiments have shown over the past years."

Peace bro! A lot of simple good principals.

That is the game plan, but we have some crafty members who figured out a way around that. They know we move religious based posts to Clearance, so they have started putting them in Clearance. :)

When there is a will there is a way sir lol.