Shane D. Administrator
  • Male
  • from Pensacola Beach, Fl.
  • Member since Jan 26th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Shane D.

Soooo.....

I suppose the JoNP mW Plant comments vs kWh and water meter timeline can begin to see if there is any excitement to be had there...

Para,

To be honest, I have been waiting for this power data to be presented so that it is obvious to all. It does not yet appear to be ready for that...or am I wrong? I have looked at the exhibits myself as you would expect, and could not piece anything together that even remotely looked like a "smoking gun". And I have also followed you and the few others parsing of the evidence IH presented, and to be honest, I did not think you were ready for prime time yet. Even others better suited to understand, seem to be awaiting the finale...so far.

Pretend we here are the typical jury, and you are IH's lawyer, and try to convince us that the FPL/FP/FF data proves the 1MW was rigged.

But allegedly he put the money into real-estate.

To me that is very telling behaviour. He finally has some serious money and the most important thing he can do with it is sink it into real-estate. Like REALLY!!!

Zeno,

No doubt IH was doing a WTF, just like many of us at the time. It sure was not a good sign, and only the most loyal Rossites could find an innocent explanation for it. I bet not a penny of it went to the children with cancer, like he promised.

http://www.e-catworld.com/2012…i-on-the-safety-of-cop-6/

Rossi said this in the interview:

"You have correctly said that when we made the first experiments we had a COP: 200; we were working with powers of some hundreds of watts. We were working at an absolutely experimental situation. Now we are making products that have to be sold to industries at the moment (because the domestic have not been certified for safety).

It is right to make a Forumula 1 car to race, and to push to the extreme an engine, to learn how to make normal engines, and to make a car that has to be driven by normal people like me. To go to a COP 200 is extremely dangerous, and when I worked at those powers it happened that we had some escape of neutrons, in some situation. For obvious reasons this is very dangerous. This is why we had to reduce to 6, and this is why we have to limit the self-sustain mode . . . we must stay within the absolutely sure safety limits, this is very important."

Of course, Rossi seems to have overcome the early R/D problem with neutron emissions at high COP's, as he ran the 1MW at Doral at COP's up to 183.

Shane - I'm not sure how many reactors were in Lugano. It is my understanding that Rossi jumped in and unexpectedly cut the power in the temp run-up in the Lugano control test. Maybe there was a logical explanation for that but we ended up with no adequate control data as a result for the Lugano test.

My opinion is that Levi got caught up in the excitement of Rossi and drafted along as a good soldier. It appears that he was involved in numerous controversial matters under Rossi's direction and his actions may be impairing the reputations of many scientists who have yet to distance themselves from this controversy. Right now, I'd to like to eave it at th

Thx Dewey. I do hope Levi was just duped like so many others. He seems such a nice person. Retired with a pension, successful career, there was no need for him to willingly participate in a scam. Same goes for the rest of the Italian/Swedish scientists caught up in this. Can not find it now, but I remember a comment from someone...prosecutor or Mayor, in the PetrolDragon affair, who said Rossi has an unique ability to get scientists and engineers to believe in him. Maybe that is the case here.

Dewey,

Levi justified his decision not to run a full calibration with the dummy at Lugano...to the dismay of the science minded, mainly because he feared breaking the fragile "ceramic body", and that was the only one which he had to work with. I am curious...how many reactors did IH give him access to...Just the one?

Hate to gang up on the guy, especially since it bothers the English moderator, but he (Levi) seems to be working his way into IH's cross-hairs, and there are some legitimate questions regarding his role in this. One could even argue, that without his "successes" in verifying both the Ecat in Jan 2011, and the Hotcats in 2013/2014, Rossi would have failed in attracting IH.

I personally think Dr. Levi is trustworthy -- although I've never met him in person. Over the years I've only heard good things about him -- except for various accusations on this forum and a few other places on the net. Do I think he is infallible? Of course not. But I think the chance that he would intentionally deceive anyone about performance of an E-Cat or analysis of a sample is extremely low.

MrSS,

Dewey dropped a bombshell on us last night when he told us that the Lugano reactor IH built, was painted after being shipped from their NC facility. That of course was not noted in Levi's Lugano report. If true, of course this would reflect very badly on Levi, but to be fair, at this point Dewey's remark can be classified as hearsay. Same goes for his other bombshell last night, that Boeing tested the Ecat for/with IH, and it did not work for them either.

There were other Lugano controversies though, regarding some decisions Levi made as the leader of the testing team. The e issue has been beaten to death of course, but Jed above mentioned the other major one, and that is his decision *not* to run a full power calibration on the unfueled reactor (dummy). Almost as soon as Lugano's release in Oct 2014, many declared it DOA just for this alone. The e came along a little later as it was a little more complex. Anyways, I am interested in your opinion. This is from the report itself, and describes Levi's considerations for running the dummy at half power:

The first phase of the test was dedicated to measuring the “dummy reactor”, i.e. the E-Cat operating without its internal charge. Conservation of energy dictates that all power supplied to the dummy reactor from the electric power line be dissipated as thermal energy to the environment by means of radiation and convection. Therefore, by comparing power input, as measured by the two power analyzers, to power output as measured by us, we were able to ascertain that no overestimation had occurred. In other words, the data relevant to the dummy reactor served the purpose of checking the method used. However, it was not meant to compare the operation of the loaded reactor to the dummy run. In fact, such a procedure would have required that the same amount of power be supplied to the dummy and to the reactor. Moreover, at the start of the measurements, there was no way of knowing what input power the loaded reactor would have absorbed. In fact, it is well known that some Inconel cables have a crystalline structure that is modified by temperature, and are capable of withstanding high currents only if they are operated at the appropriate temperature. If these conditions are not met, microscopic melt spots are liable to occur in the cables. So, there was some fear of fracturing the ceramic body, due to the lower temperature of the thermal generators with respect to the loaded reactor. For these reasons, power to the dummy reactor was held at below 500 W, in order to avoid any possible damage to the apparatus

This one is not hard folks.

Well Dewey, I am struggling. Sorry. Maybe you could provide another clue...Or better yet, just come out with it? And I would try and think harder, but then again, there have been too many times when I have (thought harder), only to come to find it was the questioner that needed to think harder.

Since no one bit on the Lugano reactors question - they were made by IH in Raleigh with Durapot 810, which per Cotronics, has between 75% and 85% alumina powder in the cement, batch dependent. You then get to factor in another tidbit - the Lugano reactor was apparently painted in Lugano by either Rossi or one of the testers. Specific paint color, make and model unknown

Dewey,

I think you may be mixing something up. Levi and team conducted 2 tests: Ferrara (March 2013), and Lugano in 2014. Actually there was another Ferrara in Dec 2012, but only Levi/Rossi were present and the Hotcat reportedly melted. Anyways, it was the Hotcat in the March 2013 Ferrara test that was painted, so doubtful IH built it as this took place *before* the IH/Rossi Validation Test on April 30 2013. Here is the wording from Levi's report:

The outer surface of the E-Cat HT2 and one side of the flange are coated with black paint, different from that used for the previous test. The emissivity of this coating, a Macota® enamel paint capable of withstanding temperatures up to 800°C, is not known; moreover, it was not sprayed uniformly on the device,

I looked through the Lugano report, and did not see anything about painting. In fact, Levi sent out a sample of the housing for analysis after the test was completed, and it came back 99% alumina. This is from the Lugano report:

In the course of the year following the previous tests, the E-Cat’s technology was transferred to Industrial Heat LLC, United States, where it was replicated and improved. The present E-Cat reactor is therefore an improved version running at higher temperature than the one used in the March 2013 experiment.
    Therefore, in the course of the test, we set the camera software to emissivity values valid for several alumina thermal ranges. However, in order to acquire from the literature a more adequate emissivity vs. temperature trend, it was necessary to know some of the characteristics of the material the reactor was made of, such as its composition and degree of purity. For this purpose, upon completion of the test, we took a sample of the material constituting the reactor; subsequently, Prof. Ennio Bonetti (Bologna) subjected it to X-Ray spectroscopy. The results confirmed that it was indeed alumina, with a purity of at least 99%.

An interesting aside for IHFB....In reading the Ferrara report, I noticed this description about that "on/off switch" the Lugano team failed to use:

In the ON/OFF phase, the resistor coils were powered up and powered down by the control system at
    observed regular intervals of about two minutes for the ON state and four minutes for the OFF
    state. This operating mode was kept more or less unchanged for all the remaining hours of the
    test. During the OFF state, it was possible to observe – by means of the video displays connected
    to the IR cameras (see below) – that the temperature of the device continued to rise for a
    limited amount of time

As with most complex situations, the details are far more nuanced.

For those not familiar with this type of lifestyle, it is easy to assign the label of criminal. What often looks criminal is merely hard-driven entrepreneurs out to ruffle some feathers and change the world.

IHFB,

I never read of a story so complex as this that would pass for "nuanced". Could you provide an example? And yes, I am not familiar with this type lifestyle obviously, so maybe you could explain how an "entrepreneur" could have been so unlucky as to have been involved with so many major scandals.

And be honest, these are NOT your run of the mill petty scandals, Each is a major crime. They even mention his "criminal gang" affiliation too. Not a member of a gang, but the leader! I have lived a very full lfe, yet never had a prosecutor accuse me of THAT.

Forty two,

Good catch. How did you even think to search for that? Whatever, the web tightens. First there was the JMP/Diane Annesser (wife of Rossi's lawyer) connection, now Fabiani/Diane. Rossi's personal lawyer, and fake company JMP's president Johnson, is also Fabiani's USQL corporate lawyer. This Annesser also switched lawfirms to stay as Rossi's counsel.

Fabiani in the Siberian Gulag...or was that Russia? What a story! :)

Assuming the likely scenario that Rossi never had a workingtechnology it would perhaps be worth revisiting the earlier embodiments ofRossi’s reactors in particular the small bench mounted ones. In all likelihood the1MW was a scaled up version the same trick, so how was the original magic performed?

Malcom,

Possible, but while the 1MW shipped down to Doral from IH's facility in North Carolina was the same 1MW Rossi sold to IH -and the very same he had been shopping around since Oct. 2011, IH was involved with some upgrades on it in NC....correct Dewey? If so, they *probably* would have noticed such an obvious trick. That said, I agree that however he rigged it up, it has to be something simple, and slight of hand (magic trick) more the "magnificence" he refers to, than the actual mechanics of it.

And in order for his simple trick to work on such a large machine, he needed help...unless he built it all by himself, which I doubt. And he also needed a partner...probably partners, in crime to help when demonstrating to a mark. We first saw this on the 28 Oct 2011 "military customer acceptance test", when Rossi introduced the "NATO Colonel". I almost have to laugh at that one, especially so when the 1MW that day was down rated to 500kw due some Ecats having technical difficulties, and then the test was deemed a success as it produced 500kw, all the while a 500kw Genset was attached and running. You really can not make this stuff up! It was so ridiculous that many bought it however. In some strange way...maybe even me for short time.

We know now too that IH has accused the 3rd Parties of being partners in crime. If this is a scam as I think it is, Rossi needed their help to carry this out. No way around that. With Penon suspiciously staying in Italy, and Fabiani moving to Siberia or Russia (I forget which :) ) . that plays into that narrative. I also may add, that while Alan does not like mention of this, the judge has allowed IH's request for Rossi to provide them his correspondence with Levi and his Lugano team. Just saying, not accusing....

Along those lines, maybe I had blinders on back then, but I do not recall Rossi and this gold running thing. Thx Rigel/Dewey for opening my eyes even more on this rat. Basically he had a criminal gang that helped him with that operation too. Patterns are important. Especially with criminals.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Overall, fish may benefit from global warming. Coral is dying off but those fish are going to have a lot more real estate. Such as Florida.

That is hitting below the belt, and who said I live in Florida..oh yeah, that damn profile. Got to do something about that. :)

Yes, trust me, I do worry. That is why I am here, as are us all. Amazing, considering I will be dead anywhere from now, and 30 years from now.

I was an early GW warrior. Pissed off a lot of people in my passion. Then came to the realization that human nature will not change, and there was nothing I could do to help, other than fly my airplane efficiently to make a difference, For which I was awarded among the 12 best -of 11,000, AA pilots for fuel efficiency. Made me proud, but all it got was me a free lunch...really. Saved swimming pools of jet fuel per year, and my reward was a $5 meal, and a great thank you speech. But get this, I was the curse of my union brothers...go figure!

Oh, and my degree was in Ichthyology...well Marine Biology, but there was no program for that at the time, so I do know something about the topic.

Too late Zephir, you and Jed are partially responsible when Trump starts allowing more offshore oil-drilling. Fish do as well on oil-rig structures, as they do on sunken cars, and aircraft carriers.

Zeus,

Well Sifferkol was fair game. He dished out a lot of abuse himself.

BTW, what ever happened to Siffer? He is a part of Hydrofusion which is Rossi's most loyal licensee, and supposedly where the QuarkX is going to be manufactured in a "magnificance". Not to mention, where the 1MW is for sale RIGHT AT THIS VERY MOMENT, as it has been since spring of 2013. Not a single sale yet...hmmm.

Siffer disappeared after I asked him a few simple, probing, questions. Guess he is shy because he never answered.

Any kind of structure, natural or man made, seems to attract fish. I do not know why. In the U.S. they are sinking old New York City subway cars and old aircraft carriers offshore to attract fish and grow coral. See photos here:

If you do not mind, I will send this to Trump. Looks like we need to increase offshore drilling to enrich the oceans, and save the planet one oil rig, and fish at a time.