me356 Verified
  • Member since Mar 13th 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by me356

Thank you for your explanation.

We are shipping always very fresh batch of the meshes that were produced just 1-2 day ago prior the shipping.

We are using very same meshes, sometimes longer after this period when compared to yours. We received another new batch 2 days ago actually. In any case it was never outgasing like this, there was just few Pa. We are storing fuels like this in Argon.

So maybe for next time it would be better to ship in a sealed container with argon.

Why do you think that the speed of filling would make a difference to how much deuterium ends up inside the mesh? I can see how the amount inside the mesh would depend on the D2 pressure, but why do you think that the speed would be a factor?

I have years of experience with various transition metals. So I know their behavior.

Speed of filling is one of the most important factor. Higher speed = more will load.

Transition metals are like a baby. You have to be careful to do what it wants. It will not tell you anything you simply must learn.

They are so interesting and specific that one can write entire book about each transition metal. Each is behaving differently yet there are similarities. If you understand what is happening at lattice level you will find many things.

Pressure is like a hammer and you can make a holes through a wall which is lattice. You can entirely destroy a bulk of metal with hydrogen and pressure at will. Interesting thing is that you can push it so hard there is almost no limit. At macro level almost nothing is happening but at micro level big things are changing. Just few Pascal change is multiplied by many orders of magniture just by adusting rate of pressure change.

Does this imply that the copper-coated meshes will be more reliable in showing excess heat? It feels like there is a competing negative effect due to palladium forming a hydride/deuteride.

No, it does not mean it will be more reliable. I think there is identical reliability. Actually if the process of filling is correct and pressure requirements are met there is 100% reliability with provided meshes. All meshes that we can prepare now are almost identical with basically no difference regarding performacne.

Palladium is not an issue because it can release Hydrogen freely. The problem is Nickel where you have to be careful. So even that one can think fuel preparation is the only problem all things around (reactor) matter too.

So as I mentioned earlier whole reactor design is really important. For example there is no way how you can have pressure development identical to reactor of Mizuno when yours is few times smaller yet your fuel is even more active as it is coated with thicker layer of Pd.

These seemingly small differences can change everything.

My findings from the run are following.

1. Filling reactor with D was much better than previous time. Yet I would recommend around 100 times slower filing than now. The faster hydrogen gets inside more is trapped inside the mesh. Amount of D that is intended for filling the cell should be measured in a separated volume and then cell should be opened.
    2. To fix very fast filling I recommend to add extra volume to the cell, at least by connecting there extra empty cylinder with roughly 50x of the current reactor volume. This will help in at least 3 different ways. When volume is bigger than even with the current valve system it should be much easier to add exact amount of D.
    3. When filling is done directly to the cell from a hydrogen source one can't know how much hydrogen is immediately loaded by fuel. I think Alan made some checks here, but I did not understand how the hydrogen is dosed - I believe Alan will describe. But in case that one is trying to achieve a certain pressure level this will always result in almost saturated fuel.
    4. Problem that happened is that the pressure is rising very noticeably right from the beginning of starting the heater. There we dont know why this happened. I think almost identical issue happened in the previous run too. There are 3 different possibilities why this is happening:
      1. Mesh was saturated with Hydrogen in some way we dont know prior the run - for example from transportation - we have no idea what airplane shipping is doing to the meshes.
      2. There was outgasing of the reactor in some way
      3. Mesh loaded much more hydrogen during filing than was expected - if that happened then fixing could be quite easy by means of increasing volume and/or changing method of how hydrogen is filled.
    5. The present condition is that we are roughly 5 times above pressure we aimed for. This is still not problem as the reaction can work even with 5k Pa.
    6. To achieve excess heat tendency of the pressure must be declining. Excess heat - at least in this experiment - will not show up until fuel will "decide" to load the hydrogen back, at least in a limited way. If the gas inside the cell is really hydrogen then tendency is strongly rising. But it should rather continue in what we saw immediately after filing. If that trend would continue we would see excess heat.
    7. There I would want to show how reactor volume is important. Volume in respect to Fuel amount/composition is critical for ideal trend of developing excess heat. Excess heat evolution is directly controlled by pressure - but there I have to highlight not just pressure inside the cell - but condition of the fuel which allows flow of the hydrogen in one or another direction. Fortunately the trend can be externally changed but it can work only to a certain extent. When reactor volume is small then any change in temperature of the heater will cause big change of the pressure. Usually rising input power mean higher pressure - this will happen basically in any reactor. Any pressure increase will then usually slower development of the excess heat. It is just important that the increase of pressure is not that high that fuel will change decreasing tendency of the pressure (fuel will still load the hydrogen not release) - at least at the level of the lattice. On the other hand bigger volume will never allow so fast pressure changes. It is ideal to have pressure as constant as possible. When this problem of increasing tendency will happen and you do not have time to wait there are many ways how to fix it. Some scientists are able to trigger excess heat either by lowering input power temporarily - this can start correct pressure evolution. OR it is possible to add short but fast pressure increase - just like a shock - by adding more hydrogen to the fuel. But there is a risk of saturating the fuel which in turn will generate excess heat just for a seconds or minutes. In any case if this will not happen on its own, preferably within first hour it always mean something is wrong and that you can't expect high excess heat even after external attempts. The problem is that as soon as excess will show up the pressure will increase because of the increased temperature and small volume which in turn will stop further evolution of the excess or even will block it right from the beginning.
    8. At the present moment we are waiting until pressure will stop increasing which is still happening which mean there will be no excess heat until it will change. This can happen at any moment now but could also take days to months. I proposed to make a pressure shock because it is easy with Alan's setup now. I expect this will immediately render excess heat but almost surely it will last not more than a few hours. Other solution would be to pump the hydrogen when the cell is running. Then set input power to zero and start from the beginning. But changes for excess would be lower by at least 50% as we dont know what the condition of the fuel is. Third option is to set the temperature lower just by 50°C or close to a lower point which Alan has calibration for.

In any case I have to express that Alan made very good work in terms of calibration, vacuum equipment and software. Calibration is matching really closely. Also I am grateful for changing the design from external heater to internal. I am sure that with this setup with a slight changes it can work reliably.

What is the performance of your Pd-plated meshes in protium?

Performance correspond with earlier Mizuno research, so approximately 60% as with Deuterium. However it is variable and depends on Protium source.

We will focus on Protium testing during following days as tests with Copper plated meshes will start now. We plan first test for tomorrow.

I am sure there are things we will never know about Rossi. I also believe there were faked demonstrations in different ways. But I also can imagine he put too high bar and had short time line.

He is clearly person that want to be perfectionist and when money are involved he can't say it does not work yet. I think he had no idea when it will even work as he wanted.

But still I am sure he found important things which initiated research of another groups. So for us it is already great what he did.

Building small reactors have pros and cons. If it is too small you can load only small amount of fuel. If fuel does not perform well you will be unable to measure it.

In other words smaller reactors require much more precise measurement and better knowledge of what is happening.

Reactor body must be designed accordingly to fuel amount. If there is too much fuel in small space you will see very big pressure changes. But pressure has direct impact on the operation. Big deflections are bad in Mizuno style reactor. If reactor is too big you need again more sensitive instruments.

In my opinion Rossi is clever and lucky man. From very cheap instruments he was able to find what is important. The most intriguing thing to me is how it was possible he found important principle of operation. Because he was really not scientist nor had a proper tools to do the research. I think the most important difference is that he was using bigger amount of Nickel where you can easily see if it works or not. I started in the very similar way without knowing anything about transition metals.

Because we have access to nearly anything it was very easy to start without any limitation. I think the biggest enemy in the LENR research is nothing else than YOU as scientist. And on the other hand big scientists can't really hold a proper tools and work manually. They are trying to do simple things in super expensive way which ruins their budget for another experiments. Or they even can't start.

For example thing that you can learn. Instead of very expensive vacuum pumps you can use cheap Lithium.

We are working on many different modules ranging from watts to kilowatts for years.

All our experiments are ongoing in special testing room which counts also with explosions and radiation bursts and are remotely controlled by fibre optic network.

In any case with Mizuno type reactors there is nothing that could explode except Hydrogen.

The main risk is coming from radiation. We are able to induce bigger radiation bursts with prepared meshes that can be measured with any geiger even through 3mm thick stainless steel for several seconds. But if you are proceeding according Mizuno instructions this will not happen. It is mainly related to impurities in the gas and could happen usually just on the very first Hydrogen introduction.

Daniel_G: Thank you very much that you are here and shared lot of valuable data. I hope you will still stay here.

Total cost to build Mizuno-like reactor is roughly 500 USD if you can weld. I hope more replicators will come. As I said earlier, anyone interested can send me message and we can arrange sending prepared fuel.

Regarding our progress - our big size Mizuno style reactor is now ready for the very first tests.

There is possibility to achieve 100kW of excess with this model, given that we can fill it with around 1Kg of fuel.

I will share some first photos on monday I guess.

There is no Pd yet on this sample. It is high temperature plasma spray.

What we sent to you was very different method of preparation that we are using for over year, more focused on the nano structure at the surface.

Bruce__H: Initiating LENR and getting measurable and usable output is very different task.

You have to decide whether you will do what is easier for you or what is making it work well.

I think Mizuno paper is clear in this matter.

Mizuno shared very important data which you are trying to ignore for some strange reason.

Instead of asking why it helps so much you are trying to find reasons why his claims are not important.

I dont understand why anyone would want to "not replicate" the experiment when it is clear it worked with high COP.

Until now there was no real public replication. Each attempt had even different reactor diameter and length. Even that you can ask Mizuno directly, likely nobody asked him for detailed reactor internal design.

Our new high power reactor will be finished within 2 weeks. I will send photos soon.

We are also thinking about mesh preparation process without a precisous metal. We are convinced that Copper will work similarly as Palladium. We will try this likely within one month.

As far as I know there was nothing said about incubator until last year. Likely what confused you is calorimetry that must be somewhat like incubator with good insulation. This is because in the open air reactor is loosing a lot of heat which on turn require much higher power and consequently higher temperature of the core.

We are investigating LENR for many years. So we found important factors in various reactor types. A lot of about our research cant be released to public, but Mizuno reactor is another thing. So I am trying to help in my free time.

From what I saw all replicators were still far from accurate replication, because importance was not aimed to the reactor design. Yet it makes almost same difference as treated vs untreated mesh.

To make it more clear, even heating is always welcome. But at the same time ability to create temperature gradient is also needed. But not necessarily directly at the fuel.

At the same time temperature gradient must be that small it will not cool down the fuel.

For this reason bigger reactor is much better to achieve this.