Media/News/Video Library-No discussions please

• Breakthrough

Jonah Messinger

" How might LENR be expected to fit into the vast nuclear energy innovation ecosystem? The nuclear technology landscape can be thought of as a spectrum from low science risk but high engineering or deployment risk on one end, and high science risk but low engineering or deployment risk on the other.LENR is firmly on the latter end of the spectrum."

wishy washy concepts...

rather than a vast ecosystem its more like a host-parasite relationship

where the host is taxpayer funded institutions

and high science risk is more like a high risk to academic reputations based on 100 yr old assumptions

• I called that paragraph "bullshit." Messinger took umbrage at this. I should have made it clear that the bullshit did not originate with him. He is quoting other people. I apologize for not making that distinction.

On the other hand, he is now telling me the calorimetry is ambiguous. He should explain why, with reference to textbooks, instrument specifications, and other quantitative, refutable arguments. Just waving your hand and saying "it's ambiguous!" does not count.

• PODCAST

Crime Waves Cold Truth

David Kushner is an award-winning journalist who has published numerous non-fiction books and authored for Rolling Stone, Vanity Fair and other national magazines. He also wrote about Infinite Energy IE founder and editor Eugene Mallove, his life and death, in “The Coldest Case” published in Foreign Policy Magazine, July/August 2023. [read the article]

Now, Kushner is covering Gene’s story in even more depth in his new podcast

series, “Crime Waves,” on podcast network QCode Media. The first season of “Crime Waves” is an eight-part series titled “Cold Truth.” about Eugene Mallove. The first two episodes premiered November 6, 2023 on Apple Podcasts, Spotify and other podcast services, such as Radio Public5. Episodes are available after airing.

Crime Waves Cold Truth - LENR News
    David Kushner is an award-winning journalist who has published numerous non-fiction books and authored for Rolling Stone, Vanity…
    lenr-news.com

• The article is well crafted and nuanced to be logically balanced.
    There are a few errors I noticed as well, but we should encourage exploration and different points of view on this topic.
    All the theories and opinions we have do very little to the body of science imo.

If it is a healthy scientific dialogue we are after, then just give examples of where the article may be correct.
    One example is the statement that there is no "LENR is a field without a reference experiment and still subject to both understandable, but respectful, skepticism as well as dismissive scorn and uncollegial mockery."

There is indeed many reference experiments which lack replication for there validity.

Just like the foolish nature of isolating Nuclear from Chemical science, I don't think it is progressive for the field to isolate LENR-Forum from younger academics or more "accredited" institutions.
    This works both ways as I don't believe "accredited" institutions should just dismiss the creative endeavors of the independent researcher.

"One never knows what a person is going through in there life, so above all, be kind".

• "One neve knows what a person is going through in there life, so above all, be kind"

Actually Jonah is working in Cavendish on Xrays?.. not on cold fusion

My late compatriot there recently died, he wrote a primer on quantum mechanics,

definitely he was part of mainstream academia,

I made an approach to him about CF about two years ago

definitely the response was a cold shoulder

...shortly after he died, sadly, google tells me now

Science moves on .. as Planck said

Jonah gets around...a good communicator... part of the young world

Jonah Messinger and Helium 4 are excited by Cold Fusion | The Rational View podcast with Dr. Al Scott
    In this episode I’m revisiting the topic of cold fusion with an MIT-affiliated researcher who is looking into the case for cold fusion. As you may recall, my…
    therationalview.podbean.com

• I believe he is well versed in that field and X-ray emissions. I wonder if he is familiar with SLAC and what Stanford is doing?
    My understanding is he is interested in X-ray stimulation of deuterated lattices? I could be wrong though and I would have to do some digging which I can't make time for atm.

We can lead a horse to water, but can't make them drink if they aren't thirsty. My apologies for the analogies, but I think it helps get the point across without writing a paragraph.
    Plank was quite an incredible man with a clear picture of science from what I can gather and he had a principle regarding this. I agree whole heartily with his quote.

An important scientific innovation rarely makes its way by gradually winning over and converting its opponents: it rarely happens that Saul becomes Paul. What does happen is that its opponents gradually die out, and that the growing generation is familiarized with the ideas from the beginning: another instance of the fact that the future lies with the youth.

Max Planck, Scientific autobiography, 1950, p. 33, 97

I don't think Death has to be only in the physical realm.
    I have died psychologically a few times in my life as nature smacked me with hard doses of reality.

This particular scientific endeavor (LENR/CMNS) seems to be on the boundary of observable physics, so perhaps all one can really do is direct there line of questioning towards the patterns of nature, and do there best to listen without fooling one's self?

I would take a bet that Mr. Messinger also gets similar responses from Professors and very intelligent academics when he brings up the topic of LENR and Condensed Matter Nuclear Science for energy production. 😅

I think this may be one of many experiments which demonstrate a phenomenon that isn't well understand and even less agreed upon in scientific communities. 😅
    Not quite sure how to reconcile these challenges and perhaps it is something that will be worked out in time with diligent and consistent efforts? 🤷‍♀️

• Plank was quite an incredible man with a clear picture of science from what I can gather and he had a principle regarding this. I agree whole heartily with his quote.

not so fast...

Young researchers are in a very vulnerable position - and have to be careful not to wreck their careers before they have even got started. It is possibly worse now than in Planck's day. Back then science was often for the independently wealthy - as a lot of junior research positions were unpaid.

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

Edited once, last by Frogfall ().

• For those with exotic interests...

Dear Colleague,

You may be interested in the following free collection of 26 Open Access papers by various authors
    for your virtual library that we prepared following a number of requests

HADRONIC MATHEMATICS,
    MECHANICS AND CHEMISTRY

https://www.santilli-foundation.org/docs/HMMC.pdf

Collection of OA papers Published by the
    American Journal of Modern Physics
    Volume 4, Issue 5-1, 2015, Part 1: Hadronic Mathematics
    Volume 5, Issue 2-1, 2016, Part 2: Hadronic Mechanics
    Volume 6, Issue 4-1, 2017, Part 3: Hadronic Chemistry

The R. M. Santilli Foundation
    Email: trustee(at)santilli-foundation(dot)org

This collection is solely available in free pdf access without any hard copy.

Our mailings solely release scientific information.
    Debates are conducted in the website www.eprdebates.org.

TO UNSUBSCRIBE OR SUBSCRIBE
    Please send the request to Pamela at admin(at)eprdebates(dot)org

• Also, was this posted?

Esa Ruoho has archived some history:

https://www.merlib.org/keelynet/

Hi, so, ever since Jerry Decker died, KeelyNet went down. my aim with MERLib is to bring back as much lost-to-the-world old archival data, and the legendary KeelyNET BBS content is just the beginning. A lot of people have died in the last two decades, and their life's work is lost (looking at you, Energy From The Vacuum DVD Science Series, episodes 34 to 46 are lost to the world and nobody seems to have them, for instance. if you have them, please let me know).

One of the objectives of the MERLib reboot is to bring back these old articles and crossindex them together with wordsearch etc. So much has been lost.

• The most powerful cosmic ray since the Oh-My-God particle puzzles scientists
    Scientists spot a particle of intense energy, but explaining where it came from might require some new physics.
    www.nature.com

Scientists have detected the most powerful cosmic ray seen in more than three decades. But the exact origin of this turbocharged particle from outer space remains a mystery, with some suggesting that it could have been generated by unknown physics.

The puzzling cosmic ray had an estimated energy of 240 exa-electronvolts (EeV; 1018 electronvolts), making it comparable to the most powerful cosmic ray ever detected, aptly named the Oh-My-God particle, which measured at around 320 EeV when it was discovered in 1991. The findings were published today in Science1.

“It’s amazing because you have to think of what could produce such high energy,” says Clancy James, an astronomer at Curtin University in Perth, Australia.

A cosmic ray, despite its name, is actually a high-energy subatomic particle — often a proton — that zips through space at close to the speed of light. In their ultrahigh-energy form, cosmic rays have energy levels that exceed one EeV, which is around one million times greater than those reached by the most powerful human-made particle accelerators. Cosmic rays with energies of more than 100 EeV are rarely spotted — fewer than one of these particles arrives on each square kilometre of Earth each century.

• Li–Pd–Rh-D2O electrochemistry experiments at elevated voltage

Carl Gotzmer, Louis F. DeChiaro, Kenneth Conley, Marc Litz, Marshall Millett, Jesse Ewing, Lawrence P. Forsley, Karen J. Long, William A. Wichart, Pamela A. Mosier-Boss, John Sullivan, Efrem Perry, Jr., and Oliver M. Barham

AFFILIATIONS

NSWC Indian Head Division, Indian Head, Maryland 20640, USA

NSWC Dahlgren Division, Dahlgren, Virginia 22448, USA

Energetics Technology Center, Indian Head, Maryland 20640, USA

Army Research Laboratory, Adelphi, Maryland 20783, USA

U.S. Naval Academy, Annapolis, Maryland 21402, USA

JWK Corporation, Annandale, Virginia 22003, USA

Fibretek Incorporated, Herndon, Virginia 20171, USA

Barham Scientific LLC, Washington, DC 20017, USA

Submitted: 30 April 2023, Accepted: 1 November 2023

"In 2013, the U.S. Navy disclosed an electrochemistry procedure intended to produce MeV-energy nuclear particles, based on eV-energy

electrical inputs, which may be indicative of a new scientific phenomenon. This work is based on the 2013 disclosure and shows initial

evidence validating the prior claims of nuclear particle generation. Additionally, several variations on the 2013 electrochemical recipe are

made in order to find a highly repeatable recipe for future replications by other teams. The experiments described here produced dense

collections of tracks in solid-state nuclear track detectors, radio frequency (RF) emissions, and anomalous heat flux, which are indicative of

potential nuclear, or unusual chemical, reactions. Experimental results include tracks in solid-state nuclear track detectors similar in size to

tracks produced by 4.7 MeV alpha particles on identical detectors exposed to radioactive Th-230; RF pulses up to 6 dB above the noise floor,

which indicate that these signals were likely not background noise and not caused by known chemical reactions; and heat flux of 10 s of kJ,

measured to 6σ significance, over and above input electrical energy, indicative of unknown exothermic reactions. Six out of six nuclear track

detectors, utilized in experiments and interrogated for tracks post-experiment, produced positive results that our team attributes to thousands

of individual particle impacts in dense clusters, likely with energies between 0.1 and 20 MeV. Similar nuclear particle, thermal, and RF results

have separately appeared in prior reports, but in this work, all three categories of anomalous behavior are reported. Results indicate that the

2013 procedure may be a useful guide toward a set of highly repeatable reference experiments, showing initial but not overwhelming evidence

of a new scientific phenomenon. Repeatable recipes are shared so that other groups may replicate and extend the present work."

• Dr. Edmund Storms

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.