Industrial Heat Amends Answer to Rossi’s Complaint on Aug 11th

• There are plenty, if one doesn't mind shuffling around 140000 to 280000 kg of materials each and every day.

Good point! For example, melting ice and some other phase changes are endothermic. But you go through a lot of raw materials.

So, this plant is used to melt ice. That's a vital industry in Florida! It gets cold down there. Someone has to melt all that ice.

• Rossi is done - no serious business man or investor will everstart again to negotiate or cooperate with him.

But yet, even by Dewey's admission, they continue to be. Sure, you might think that they are all being duped by Rossi. That is a possibility. But the fact that even new interests with big money are engaging with Rossi, should make you take pause, and at least consider the possibility that it is IH with a problem, not Rossi's other investors.

I do not think it is a crime to ignore a civil suit summons...

Any lawyers around here? I think it is contempt of court and the judge can jail you until you agree to either testify or take the Fifth Amendment protection but you must attend. If it were without sanctions to ignore a subpoena, why would anyone bother with them?

• The question as to the destination of the heat produced has been answered -- an endothermic chemical process.

There must not be a huge number of industrial processes that are massively endothermic, highly efficient, and utilize steam at around 100C. If…

This is the best conjecture that I have seen, from "wpj" over on ECW:

"
    As I have mentioned before, preparation of the Ni (rather than Pt)
    sponges requires heating a mixture of 50% caustic solution and Ni/Al
    alloy to leach out the aluminium and leave the Ni sponge. Depending on
    the type of sponge (fine powder or honeycomb chunks) the mixture
    requires heating to 90C and maintaining for many hours. Some of the
    "multiple boil" processes will require repeating this procedure.

Additionally, from what is known, the heat is also used to boil down the aluminate residue solution to make disposal easier.

To
    be honest, Pt sponge is some rubbish that was put on the letterhead
    (and subsequently removed) along with the spell check auto correct
    mistake. Pt CANNOT be handled in an environment such as this as is is an
    incredible sensitiser (learned all this from a JM person that worked
    with me).

Additionally, JM controls most of the Pt market and the
    production costs are not sensitive to energy input; in contrast the Ni
    based catalysts are. During my efforts to find JB, my contact told me
    that there is little sponge metal work done by JM in the UK due to
    energy costs. If true, this could change the economics for JM with
    regards to this product"

• Official Post

I think it is contempt of court and the judge can jail you until you agree to either testify or take the Fifth Amendment protection but you must attend. If it were without sanctions to ignore a subpoena, why would anyone bother with them?

The issue of a warrant for contempt is a matter for the judge to decide after a witness fails to attend. It is not an automatic process, for there may be good reasons for a witness not to appear, such as ill health or the dog ate his shoes.

Lawyer to witness: 'You've been subpoenad to appear in court. What steps do you want to take?'
    Witness to Lawyer. 'Great big ones.'

There must not be a huge number of industrial processes that are massively endothermic, highly efficient, and utilize steam at around 100C. If the highly intelligent individuals on this forum will clunk their heads together, we should be able to determine the process. Would anyone like to provide a potential answer?

I'd guess none. The problem is waste heat. In theory there might be such a process. In practice not. But I'm open for people to tell me factories that have 1MW heat input and no waste heat.

Anyway, surely this is grasping at straws?

PS - I see Jed agrees with this - but it would be good, for anyone who has not given up will to live on this topic, to have an expert opinion.

• But the fact that even new interests with big money are engaging with Rossi, should make you take pause, and at least consider the possibility that it is IH with a problem, not Rossi's other investors.

I do not take the ongoing interest on the part of some parties to be much of an indicator, if any at all, that Rossi has anything. It was P.T. Barnum who supposedly said that a sucker is born every minute. Before this affair I had zero impression of Swedes, who seem like intelligent people. Now I get the sense that some among them are a little hopeful and even gullible. There are obviously gullible people in every country.

• Official Post

As I have mentioned before, preparation of the Ni (rather than Pt) sponges requires heating a mixture of 50% caustic solution and Ni/Al alloy to leach out the aluminium and leave the Ni sponge. Depending on the type of sponge (fine powder or honeycomb chunks) the mixture requires heating to 90C and maintaining for many hours. Some of the "multiple boil" processes will require repeating this procedure.

The reaction between Al and NaOH is pretty exothermic. I have used it to make Hydrogen for filling high-altitude balloons. The biggest problem encountered when doing this is to avoid the pot boiling and filling your balloon with steam. In general is it advisable to use a simple gas cooling/drying system (long pipe runs and silica gel absorbers) to overcome the problem. I just don't buy this operation requiring cast amounts of additional heat. And dumping large amounts of the liquid waste products into the public sewer is a big no-no in almost any civilised jurisdiction for sure. It would have to be boiled down and transported away in a liquid waste truck, and certainly in the EU would require the waste producer and carrier to have process, carriage and disposal permits.

• Can you explain, in laymen terms, where the heat goes in that process? Are you sure it is endothermic?

• Did you notice how he is covering up this latest controversy brought on by that pic? Now he says ALL the heat went into the product. No venting necessary. I do not think that is possible, but I could be wrong? Plus, he contradicts many of his earlier comments on JONP about heat inside the plant, and outside his "computer room", while the "test" was underway. One lie to cover another.

Yes, and there can be no doubt that this is a lie. It doesn't pass any kind of smell test. I don't think you have to know a lot about engineering to realize that no production process operates 24/7 365. It can't. So there would have to be a syncing process between AR's plant and the industrial process, or the "customer" would have to have some way of getting rid of this 1MW of heat when it was not being directly used.

Basically, he is going to have to produce the customer and the raw data. Both have been refused so far. We'll see if they refuse again to the court.

• I'd guess none. The problem is waste heat. In theory there might be such a process. In practice not. But I'm open for people to tell me factories that have 1MW heat input and no waste heat.

Anyway, surely this is grasping at straws?

PS - I see Jed agrees with this - but it would be good, for anyone who has not given up will to live on this topic, to have an expert opinion.

There would always be some waste heat. No industrial process is 100% efficient. But there could be some manufacturing processes that are highly endothermic which could have utilized the low temperature steam produced by the plant. Rossi has been accused of many things, but he is not an idiot. In a relatively small warehouse without optimal ventilation (unless he kept the bay doors open) it would have been smart to utilize a highly endothermic process.

I'm seriously asking a question here, and I hope people will look for a plausible endothermic process.

• That is impossible. There are endothermic industrial processes, but they use only a tiny faction of the heat. The rest is waste heat. Textbooks often list baking bread as a typical endothermic process. Most of heat comes out of the oven, which is why a bakery is hot.

So are you absolutely sure there are no endothermic industrial processes that could have been using low temperature steam as a heat source with high efficiency?

With all the various chemicals and reactions known to man, I'd be very hesitant to say there are none that fit the parameters.

You have many contacts in the science world. Would you contact a couple chemists and ask them?

I'm seriously asking a question here, and I hope people will look for a plausible endothermic process.

Have a JONP poster ask the question of Mr. Rossi. He knows the answer, he was in the plant 16 hours per day. He can surely state what the process was without any NDA breech. I could say that I am making soda for example. I would not be giving away the name of the customer. It could be Pepsi, Coca Cola, Mtn. Dew, RC, 7 Up, etc. etc. Rossi should easily be able to give what the basic process is.

Perhaps someone could ask Mr. Fabiani? He was posting on Facebook for a while. I am not sure about Penon. Surely there is someway to ask him. Mr. Johnson's business contact is easily obtainable, perhaps a question to him?

This is part of the issue here. Too many are speculating what is happening when we have very little or no facts. So we should be asking the person who was actually there. Rossi, Penon or Fabiani.

• This is part of the issue here. Too many are speculating what is happening when we have very little or no facts. So we should be asking the person who was actually there. Rossi, Penon or Fabiani.

I definitely recommend reading through IH's reply if you have not yet had a chance. Whether you accept its conclusions or not, it adds a whole new dimension to one's understanding of the situation. After reading it, one would understand, for example, that Fabiani, Penon and Johnson may not reply to any queries, although this can be attempted, I suppose.

• I do not take the ongoing interest on the part of some parties to be much of an indicator, if any at all, that Rossi has anything. It was P.T. Barnum who supposedly said that a sucker is born every minute. Before this affair I had zero impression of Swedes, who seem like intelligent people. Now I get the sense that some among them are a little hopeful and even gullible. There are obviously gullible people in every country.

Gullible in what way? The testing of 10kW low temperature e-cat is basic science. It's very easy for a professional to measure the output. The first step in an arrangement with Rossi is to test that device. If you want to accuse Rossi of fraud you have to explain how he does it. In the last 5 years nobody here can explain how he deceived people in letting professionals measure a COP of 6.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.