Rossi vs. Darden aftermath discussions

• I suspect, after another 3-4 years of supposed tests/demos/fake customers etc

and a grand total of zero sales, factories, customers, replications Rossi will take whatever money he has scammed from whoever and just go away.

Can't wait

You can't wait to see Rossi disappear, yet you spend your time on this and other forums to comment on what he does and insult him continuously. If you really hate him, ignore him. Instead, you can't do without repeating the usual nonsense over and over again. People like you look really obsessed by the E-cat, much more than Rossi's supporters. Rossi's followers will continue to read and support his blog because they know that Rossi will succeed in revolutionizing our lives with his devices and they also know that changes of this type take time and resources. There will be the demo of the QuarkX, there will be the first plants with which Rossi will sell energy, and then the first devices will come on the market. And for then you will still be asking everyone if they believe that Eout > Ein ........ have a good time!

• Except for the "thrown on the garbage heap" that sounds about like what any scientist would expect to encounter in the peer review process. Shame they did not have the fortitude to defend their testing protocol and results. Good thing most others are not so risk averse, or we would still be hunter/gatherers.

Normally the peer reviewing process has nothing to do with throwing on the garbage heap. It is an exchange of views on a topic that can lead to corrections if necessary, but what Alan says is about bringing discredit regardless of the quality of the work, and is usually done with one purpose (in this case an attack to Rossi). In fact, if you read what Alan wrote you can see that he doesn't talk about lack of fortitude but speaks instead of very different constraints (he said: "You have zero idea about Levi or his problems or the academic politics involved"). The authors of Lugano know well that it will be the Time to tell who was right, because when Rossi will be on the market there will be no need for any other testing. Until then they do not want to be lynched by people who have a specific purpose to do so.

• The suggestion that anyone would want to harm Rossi to prevent his invention from resulting in products is beyond silly. And suppose it were true in some alternative universe, Rossi could simply write up the secrets, put them in a safe deposit box somewhere and give keys to a half dozen or so trusted people in secret.

There are many ways to eliminate a person from the scene, and not all imply the use of violence. You can spread slanders on his account, you can make accusations that make him end up in jail for the time it need to verify that they are not true, you can fill the web with insults on his account, hoping to deter potential investors from doing business with him, and these are just a few examples. Rossi knows them all because he has been facing these situations for years, but nothing has stopped him. He will have its revenge sooner or later.

• BTW, we will know for sure in a few years the exact sort of scientist Levi (and the Swedish scientists who tested Rossi's kludges) is.

Exactly Mary, you just have to have the patience to wait and maybe in the meantime you might abstain from spitting insults against Levi and the Swedish professors, as they are completely unfounded and offensive phrases. Less nonsense you say and less excuses you will have to ask.

There will be the demo of the QuarkX, there will be the first plants with which Rossi will sell energy, and then the first devices will come on the market. And for then you will still be asking everyone if they believe that Eout > Ein ........ have a good time!

Let me see if I understand you. Rossi heated a whole factory in 2007. Since 2011 he promised cheap nickel isotopes made by him, robotic assembly lines for ecats, megawatt power plants and certificators working around the clock to make ecats sellable to the public. He also had more than a dozen customers and made many deliveries of megawatt plants. He has orders for dozens more. He had a distributor network worldwide to bring in more orders and a large deposit would guarantee you delivery within, what was it? Four months, IIRC. He is buying a factory in Scandinavia. Finally, his partnership with IH was going to prove the concept once and for all and make the participants billions.

Do you see and have you ever seen a shred of evidence that any of that was true? One lousy shred?

So I figure your reasoning is: Rossi has been lying to everyone about everything since he started. But when it comes to the least likely claim he ever made, the QuarkX, he is telling the truth. Is that about it?

There are many ways to eliminate a person from the scene, and not all imply the use of violence. You can spread slanders on his account, you can make accusations that make him end up in jail for the time it need to verify that they are not true, you can fill the web with insults on his account, hoping to deter potential investors from doing business with him, and these are just a few examples. Rossi knows them all because he has been facing these situations for years, but nothing has stopped him. He will have its revenge sooner or later.

Nonsense. You think someone like Musk or Gates is going to give a sh*t about that crap if he's standing next to a megawatt plant churning out power and running a factory on a thimblefull of nickel and other cheap stuff and a whiff of hydrogen?

• Official Post

You can't wait to see Rossi disappear,

SSC,

For the past few days, Rossi has been writing the script for his exit strategy. He is going to stretch out the QX (amazing how we do not even talk about the LT's anymore...just as he wanted) for a long, long time, and slowly let it fade away. By the time you guys realize what happened, he will be enjoying retirement, and having a good laugh at how gullible people can be.

• Nice try. I suggest everyone that can to test it. Don't take my word alone. But I have made many tests.

Oh ho the Genius come in ! Tell me guru how hot is your plate ?

Normal electric heaters go up to about 400 °C and in this (low) range of temperature the Lugano group successfully calibrated their instruments and found no artificial COP with the empty reactor.

They even measured the emissivity of the Alumina on the pipes remember ?

So I see that you are here to collect the applause of the professional anti Rossi team but I think that you have done wrong measurements !

• For the past few days, Rossi has been writing the script for his exit strategy. He is going to stretch out the QX (amazing how we do not even talk about the LT's anymore...just as he wanted) for a long, long time, and slowly let it fade away. By the time you guys realize what happened, he will be enjoying retirement, and having a good laugh at how gullible people can be.

Bullshit !

I see that you pretend to be the only non "gullible " guys in the world !

To retire Rossi would have to sell the QX or his IP (otherwise why not to retire now) and to sell it means that other people will try the technology.

From the patents we see in this Forum we understand that even IH knows that the Rossi technology works ...... just they were not wanting to spend 89 M$ more to use it.

• As always, when top scientists with advanced equipment test LENR/CF claims, they meet failure. The laws of physics are indeed hard to violate.

Have you ever thought that may exist laws of Physics that are still unknown ?

Which laws of Physics you are refer ?

Did you know any ?

You cite a company like the bible......

so why other companies in so many countries are still studying LENR ?

• Heh. When I first saw this image, I thought it was a new LENR reactor.

• Ele wrote: "

Oh ho the Genius come in ! Tell me guru how hot is your plate ?

Normal electric heaters go up to about 400 °C and in this (low) range of temperature the Lugano group successfully calibrated their instruments and found no artificial COP with the empty reactor.

They even measured the emissivity of the Alumina on the pipes remember ?

So I see that you are here to collect the applause of the professional anti Rossi team but I think that you have done wrong measurements !"

I need no applause. I ask for no thanks.

I have done many measurements, which gives the the experience to know when someone is bullshitting regarding that type of measurement.

I only ask that the perpetuation of the myth of the correct use of total emissivity for the IR camera specific emissivity user function during the Lugano "reactor" test (and in addition the stupid reiteration nonsense using the total emissivity plot) be buried once and for. This simply requires that more people test the system. I have made dozens of suggestions of how this can be done cheaply and easily, but complex replications are also fine. They will all show, within a small amount of error, that the use of total emissivity for alumina is completely wrong in regards to IR camera measurement using less than the total IR band for temperature measurement.

In my opinion, anyone clinging to the possibility that the use of total emissivity for anything that is not a true grey body or blackbody (which alumina and almost all similar materials are definitely not), has not actually tested the system, is intentionally obfuscating the truth, or worse.

The biggest impediment for most people is obtaining an IR temperature measurement device that can go at least as high as 1000 C. Some folks are scared of, or too inexperienced with electricity to do some tests. But many are capable. I call upon these skilled folks to do some tests, and add their voice to the coming, and indeed inevitable chorus of "bullshit" in regards to the Lugano Report.

I know that the Swedish scientists are fully capable of making a hot alumina tube, or square tile, and testing the emissivity with secondary temperature measurement to at least 1300 C. I triple dog dare them to do it.

TT4N

P

• The burden of proof is on you, ele. Please show a theory and replications of that theory by reputable, independent organizations to make your point. I also have papers I haven't posted links to yet which further prove my point.

• Official Post

To return (briefly) to the topic of retirements, a reminder that Etiam Oy also quit recently- but they claim to have sold their IP on.

"Dear LENR friends,

It is our sorrowful duty to inform you that Etiam Ltd has been terminated as a company and all its operations have been discontinued.

It has been a wonderful epoch for us to study and develop the machinery and reactive materials for LENR processes. On the other hand, it never fails to amaze us how difficult it is to find funding for the development of disruptive technology in Finland. Generally speaking, the funding of any R&D has taken a nosedive here during the past two years due to short-sighted budget cuts commanded by our sitting government.

Etiam Ltd’s main intellectual property asset, specifically, the European patent EP 2783369 B1, granted on the 14th of June 2017, has been sold to the highest bidder.

We sincerely thank you all the people and companies that have provided us with crucial support during the past several years. Sometimes the finish line is just too far to be reached in time. However, the dream will survive.

Our research reports published during spring 2016 will remain in existence and hopefully will give some insight and ideas to people who will continue working with systems and processes related to LENR. Be resilient and hopeful. New and surprising phenomena are to be discovered in non-equilibrium physics on solid state surfaces.

Any further inquiries related to the IP should be directed to the following e-mail address:

[email protected]

Sincerely,

Etiam Ltd"

• The theory written by Focardi is not at all devoided of any scientific basis! All the theories on LENRs are still hypotheses, otherwise we could read about LENRs in the most famous mainstream scientific journals. But that doesn't mean that these theories are unfounded, and what Focardi has written is perhaps not the right explanation for the functioning of the E-Cat, but it is not without foundation. Maybe Focardi has always tested the E-cat in the presence of Rossi, or maybe not .... how can you know that? Were you his assistant? Anyway, before he met Rossi, Focardi had already achieved several successes with cells built personally by him, so his confidence in the LENRs was not born with the E-Cat. What you say about the possibility that Focardi has been bamboozled by Rossi qualifies you as an ignorant who knows nothing about Focardi or about his research field, and who talks nonsense for the only purpose of insulting Rossi.

Focardi was not a "theorical" and this is very evident reading what kind of stuff he wrote. The theory written by him is quite ridiculus because Ni+H=Cu nuclear fusion CS in that conditions, as known to any good scientists of nuclear Science (GAS), it's tiny (order of 10^-6 barns) and up to now proofs of that claimed fusion simply do not exist.

As "experimenter", before to met and to be bambolized by Rossi, he made thermal measures based only on temperature (using high questionable calibration methods and so on) but nevertheless he claimed "excess heat". He never made a decent mass flow calorimetry test measuring the heat as due.

It had been a great delusion, an old dreamer (emeritus-retired professor) and gullible, used by the hoaxer.

• Hi Jed. My interaction with the now banned (for 2 weeks) 'Ascoli' had nothing to do with a debate on scientific ethics. The deleted post contained what could be considered - in almost any jurisdiction outside the USA - to be a criminal libel, repeated twice in the thin disguise of a question.

I have not been following that discussion. I don't know anything about it. I meant that it is somewhat unethical for Levi et al. to ignore questions from McKubre.

Libel is never criminal in the U.S. as far as I know. It is always a civil matter. I do not think it is a good idea to have the police involved. This web site is based in the U.S., so U.S. laws apply, and you don't need to worry about criminal libel.

• I understand your point. However, given that the hundreds of millions of dollars already invested in CF/LENR

Where on earth did you get that estimate of hundreds of millions of dollars?!?

A great deal of progress has been made in cold fusion. The tritium results from the National Cold Fusion Institute alone (Will et al.) are worth all the money invested so far. In a sane world, they would have convinced all scientists that the effect is real, and it is nuclear.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.