LENR vs Solar/Wind, and emerging Green Technologies.

• Elon Musk loves to stir a debate, you have to give him that. This tweet is as hilarious as it is right: Solar energy is, after all, fusion energy (*), sort of.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

(*)= According to mainstream, that is.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• There is a pervasive notion that any new source of energy has to be available on a large scale from the beginning. People try to develop kilowatt or multi-kilowatt cold fusion fusion reactors. Brillouin Energy thinks they need this before they can begin marketing the product. Huang's sonofusion gadget is gigantic.

https://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/HuangBJwatercantr.pdf

Huang is an engineer, so he thinks big. Perhaps he makes kilowatt scale devices because they seem closer to practical scale machines. Look at the size of the equipment, as shown on p. 4, Fig. 4. Ed Storms thinks that trying to scale up is a mistake because people should first discover the mechanism and develop a model or theory. I agree with Ed! 100%! I, too, wish people would make 10 W gadgets rather than 5 kW ones. But perhaps there is some reason Huang's device does not work on a small scale. That is my impression from my visits to Hydrodynamics and discussions with Huang. The gadget does not need to be as large as Tokamak, fortunately.

I also disagree with the "scale up" idea because there is a vast market for low level energy production, of ~1 W or even microwatts, for things like cell phones, wristwatches, hearing aids, digital gadgets, and pacemakers. The value of 1 W delivered to a hearing aid is far higher than 1 W delivered to your oven toaster with AC wires. A Duracell 675 hearing aid battery costs $1.41 and delivers a total of 845 mWh:

Duracell Hearing Aid Battery Specifications

That is $1,665 per kilowatt-hour, compared to $0.16 per kilowatt-hour for mains electricity (10,400 times more expensive). It is best to begin an industry with a device aimed for the most expensive, most profitable niche sector. Later you expand to the mainstream sector. See Christensen's book, "The Innovator's Dilemma." Automobiles began as luxury toys for wealthy young men. Microcomputer hard disks in the 1980s began as expensive and unreliable peripherals for people like me, who really needed 5 megabytes of storage. We were willing to pay more per megabyte than the minicomputer and mainframe hard disks cost back then.

• That is $1,665 per kilowatt-hour, compared to $0.16 per kilowatt-hour for mains electricity (10,400 times more expensive). It is best to begin an industry with a device aimed for the most expensive, most profitable niche sector. Later you expand to the mainstream sector. See Christensen's book, "The Innovator's Dilemma." Automobiles began as luxury toys for wealthy young men. Microcomputer hard disks in the 1980s began as expensive and unreliable peripherals for people like me, who really needed 5 megabytes of storage. We were willing to pay more per megabyte than the minicomputer and mainframe hard disks cost back then.

Definitely those in LENR tend to be scientists, and it seems the rogue inventors (who didnt know the science) all vanish | self implode...

A scientist who tries to underwhelm will likely be the first to succeed - as you point out.

• Latest News for solar and green energy

ClearVue has partnered with leading U.S. vacuum insulated glazing supplier LuxWall Inc. to

develop a combined prototype to deliver window technology focused on getting to net-zero

• The ‘Zero Window’™ is expected to be the most energy-efficient and energy-generating window

on the market, appealing to progressive architects as well as helping the construction sector

meet sustainability targets

• The Zero Window prototype will be demonstrated at the AIA24 Conference on Architecture and

Design in Washington DC, USA in June 2024.

Home - ClearVue PV
    We harness the energy from the sun using windows constructed with an interlayer made of a proprietary formulation of nano and micro particles (our ‘magic…
    www.clearvuepv.com

• ClearVue has partnered with leading U.S. vacuum insulated glazing supplier LuxWall Inc. to

develop a combined prototype to deliver window technology focused on getting to net-zero

• The ‘Zero Window’™ is expected to be the most energy-efficient and energy-generating window

on the market,

The best technology today for transparent solar cell comes from Korea and delivers 12.2%:

Here a summary of all technology:: https://www.mdr.de/wissen/tran…en-solar-fenster-100.html

(In German)

Unluckily windows have a 90 degree angle and thus are more or less not suited for solar energy production. Indirect reflection from adjacent window fronts could help sometimes.

The best module today can deliver 22%. So even if you have 12% you only will get about 4% max with a vertical orientation.

Further windows need to be cleaned and electrical parts bring in new risks.

Summary:: Window solar cells are a nice gadget to give you a touch of green, but any investment in a rooftop solar field or a farm is much more cost efficient and durable.

• New tires every 7,000 miles? Electric cars save gas but tire wear shocks some Florida drivers

New tires every 7,000 miles? Electric cars save gas but tire wear shocks some Florida drivers
    It was love at first sight when Neil Semel saw the electric Mercedes EQS 450+ at a Pompano Beach dealership. The sedan was the perfect sleek black color his…
    www.msn.com

• I know several people with EVs. They have not experienced this problem.

One of my cars came with high performance tires that wore out quickly. I think at 20,000 miles. I replaced them with ordinary tires, which lasted the usual duration.

This article is somewhat contradictory. It says:

"The tire manufacturer Michelin said conventional tires on electric vehicles consume tires 20 percent faster than on a gas-powered car — a figure commonly cited by EV makers as well — but Goodyear also has said they could wear up to 50 percent faster. Automakers and the tire industry are working on improvements."

"At EV Garage Miami, a Sweetwater repair shop that services 90 percent electric vehicles, lead technician Jonathan Sanchez said tires are the most frequent thing customers come in about — no matter what model or make of EV they’re driving. Tire mileage can vary widely of course, but he said he frequently changes EV tires at just 8,000 to 10,000 miles — a fourth or even fifth of typical tire wear on a gas-burning car."

8,000 to 10,000 miles would be more than 20% to 50% faster wear for an ordinary tire. Only for high performance ones, which are described in the article. So just buy ordinary ones. In other words, this is not a problem with EVs so much as with high performance tires. Granted, some factors such as the weight of EVs reduce tire life.

• The faster tire wear is kind of obvious if one knows the much higher torque of hub electric motors, and how the EV drivers like to use that characteristic for high speed up.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• EV drivers like to use that characteristic for high speed up.

The EV drivers I know, such as my daughter, do not do that. They drive normally. I drive a Prius, which is an EV during startup from 0 to 15 mph. It performs much better at low speeds than ICE only car. I could do jackrabbit starts, but I never would. It has a setting for sporty or energy saving performance. I always leave it at the latter setting.

The extra weight of EVs will reduce tire life. Jackrabbit starting will reduce tire life with any car.

• Where did you get 5 X the rubber? I don't see that anywhere. It uses more rubber, but not 5 times more.

That was my bad. Up to twice as much rubber.

Among my many weird adventures, I came into a considerable number of heavily used, kids-type, electric “ATVs”. Working in an electrical shop of sorts these were always coming to get repaired, but only a few were worth sinking any money into. Sometimes the customers never came back after calling to see what it might cost. The rest we recycled what we could, scavenged the parts that could be used and eventually there was a decent inventory on tiny electric kids ATVs.

So naturally, me and a coworker decided to soup one up. (Customers frequently asked if this was something we could do). Many customers had actually tried to soup these up, so we were aware of the few primary problems.The tires are plastic and don’t have traction, so they spin a start-off. Adding more voltage (battery changes) just spins out the tires even more. Adding rubber to the tires and more power then shears the gears off the electric motors or transmission because they aren’t strong enough.

Lowering the voltage on a rubber enhanced ATV toy to a almost happy spot made the thing rattle and Ike crazy as the tires gripped and the transmission climbed the gears until It could force the tire to move in a erratic rhythm. And that is just in a straight line. Eventually the gears fail. The slidy plastic tires were the engineers solution to preventing the destruction of the drivetrain of the toy. The toys, as received, are durable, but fail rapidly when modified.

(Slippery tires are probably not the solution for electric cars, but who knows? Custom engineered Non-Newtonian tire rubber, anyone?)

So anyways, electric cars can control that a lot better with traction control and tons of electronics. There should be no long term reason the tires should wear out faster. I know some OEM tires are not the same spec as the replacements with the same numbers. They are often lighter for better reported model mileage, and some OEM new tires are often quieter, particularly on light trucks.

• So anyways, electric cars can control that a lot better with traction control and tons of electronics.

Traction control has been a major problem with locomotives since Trevithick invented them. It was done by human skill. Starting a heavy train on an uphill grade was very difficult. Water or ice on the rails, or a swarm of locusts, made it even more difficult. The engineers had one tool to make it easier. Locomotives early on had sand domes. The engineer would pull a rope to drop sand in front of the driving wheels. Locomotives still have sand boxes.

• https://forum-tvs.ru/lofiversi…php/_/_/_/t77335-150.html Echo of Moscow by Shenderovich, I was banned a little here, I talked on video with Shenderovich, promised to bring academics together with oilmen, but this forum was closed, a very good forum, read it. I got everyone with my energy, the main thing is cold nuclear fusion takes place in the earth's crust. I have been writing about this for 20 years so that everyone knows and is looking for new energy. The main thing in the reactor is to catch a ball lightning and it will look like planet Earth, and there is a plasma ball lightning in the core. Watch my recordings and you will be able to find new energy! https://drive.google.com/file/…QQWy87SIMXjPa913CWS3/view

Нефть - это кровь планеты, надо сделать модель планеты и мы получим генератор Тарасенко, эта энергия покорит вселенную! :lenr:

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.