MIZUNO REPLICATION AND MATERIALS ONLY

• You indicate that you are using sinusoidal AC to activate your reactor which as far as I am concerned is the best way of calibrating Ein (energy input) by measuring r.m.s. input. Then Eout is simply given as the infra-red energy measured as heat. So what are the conclusions of this test run/simply what is Eout/Ein? Remember the equation E=mc^n is true for all nuclear reactions.

• All energy storage creates mass

You have to be careful about that. A rock at the top of a mountain has gravitational potential energy. But it's mass is conserved if you carry it to the bottom or indeed return it to the top. Best suggestion here is that the additional mass is stored in the space-time contiuum, but obviously that is an argument based on mathematics, not weighing machines.

• But it's mass is conserved if you carry it to the bottom or indeed return it to the top.

No, it isn't. If you drop it, potential energy is converted to actual energy, and the mass decreases. If you lift it up again, mass increases. That's according the physics textbooks I have read. I wouldn't know the details, but they say there is no form of energy that does not derive from mass. The example given in one described how mass is annihilated when a spring unwinds.

• You have to be careful about that. A rock at the top of a mountain has gravitational potential energy. But it's mass is conserved if you carry it to the bottom or indeed return it to the top. Best suggestion here is that the additional mass is stored in the space-time contiuum, but obviously that is an argument based on mathematics, not weighing machines.

If one has a plateau (1 km elevation) between a mountain and a valley, and Rock 1 (which was born in the valley, zero m elevation) is lifted up the hill to the plateau by balloon, and an identical Rock 2 (which was born on the mountaintop, 2 km elevation) is lifted by balloon to the plateau at the exact same elevation as the Rock 1.

With an unreasonably precise and accurate mass evaluator, could one tell which rock was which, if where they were born they were identical in every way?

• Get a more modern textbook.

Recent ones and old ones agree on this. The details are far over my head.

Here is a brief discussion of chemical mass-energy balances. There are similar discussions of potential energy in gravity, rocks being lifted, and so on.

Why is mass conserved in chemical reactions?
    Mass is not conserved in chemical reactions. The fundamental conservation law of the universe is the conservation of mass-energy. This means that t...
    www.wtamu.edu

Conclusion:

Note that when a chemical reaction absorbs energy, and therefore gains mass, it's not like electrons are created. The extra mass is not caused by the appearance of new particles. Rather, the extra mass is held in the system as a whole. Depending on the position and state of particles in a system relative to each other, the system gains or loses mass in addition to the individual masses of the particles. This concept is very similar to the classical concept of potential energy, but we now know that the energy is actually stored as mass. If you measure with very sensitive equipment the sum of the mass of two million hydrogen atoms and one million oxygen atoms that are separated from each other, then measure the mass of one million water molecules, you will find theses masses to be different.

• The equation E=mc^2 is not set in stone...........it applies specifically when there is a sudden and total release of energy for example the hydrogen bomb or fusion in the Sun where, who knows, there is a continual release of fusion energy at the core which is held in place by its extremely powerful gravitational field. In a nuclear fission reactor, the density of neutrons is moderated by graphite rods which slow down the rate of reaction, so E=mc^<<2 in this case i.e. the chain reaction is damped or slowed down to yield a steady rate of heat production which in turn is used to generate via a steam turbine mains 240V AC. Apply the same physics to a LEN reactor - the same physics applies - the engineering required is to limit the fusion reaction also so that n = <<2. At a guess cold fusion begins when n is very close to zero.

• Unfortunately the plutonium produced in fission reactors is purified to build nuclear bombs so governments have the nuclear deterrent to prevent all out nuclear war. MAD, mutually assured destruction. I guess we are soon to witness if this deterrent is still feasible. Otherwise the idea of controllable fission-fusion reactors used for peaceful electricity generation will only be a dream within the vision of a peaceful eternal FUTURE. :)

• The equation E=mc^2 is not set in stone...........it applies specifically when there is a sudden and total release of energy for example the hydrogen bomb or fusion in the Sun where, who knows, there is a continual release of fusion energy at the core which is held in place by its extremely powerful gravitational field. In a nuclear fission reactor, the density of neutrons is moderated by graphite rods which slow down the rate of reaction, so E=mc^<<2 in this case i.e. the chain reaction is damped or slowed down to yield a steady rate of heat production which in turn is used to generate via a steam turbine mains 240V AC. Apply the same physics to a LEN reactor - the same physics applies - the engineering required is to limit the fusion reaction also so that n = <<2. At a guess cold fusion begins when n is very close to zero.

I am curious why you think that the exponent 2 varies and not the m? Intuitively I would use n for integer values and some other variable for rational numbers. At least that's the convention I grew up with. However, if the exponent is 0, then the equation reduces to E=m. This doesn't make any sense since one is intrinsic and the other is extrinsic. Therefore this equation is falsified is your n=0. But I still don't get why you think that is not the m that varies and c^2 stays the same. Why does LENR require special treatment?

• The equation E=mc^2 is not set in stone...........it applies specifically when there is a sudden and total release of energy for example the hydrogen bomb or fusion in the Sun where, who knows, there is a continual release of fusion energy at the core which is held in place by its extremely powerful gravitational field.

All of the physics books I know of say the equation is set in stone. It applies to all forms of energy, nuclear, chemical and mechanical. Special relativity does not specify only nuclear energy, or only hydrogen fusion. It does not have any specifics about the source of energy, so Einstein must have thought it applies to all energy.

I do not understand the details of advanced physics, but I am quite sure that all mainstream, conventional physics textbooks say the equation is set in stone, and it never varies for any form of energy. I have read enough textbooks to confirm that. I read one published in the early 1930s that described special relativity as unproven. It implied that the theory might be questionable. All the textbooks published after that say special relativity it is a sure thing. That does not mean it is right, but it is the consensus.

I gather general relativity has more loose ends. However, some predictions from it have been proved. The prediction that gravity slows down time has been proven to a fair-thee-well with atomic clocks. When one is placed 10 m above another, the time dilation effect can be measured.

• Unfortunately the plutonium produced in fission reactors is purified to build nuclear bombs so governments have the nuclear deterrent to prevent all out nuclear war.

Even if that were not the case, Pu-238 used for plutonium batteries would be very expensive. It costs about $4 million per pound. It is used to power deep space missions, such as robot explorers on Mars.

Peak Plutonium-238? U.S. Starts Making Nuclear Fuel For Deep Space Missions
    In the next two or three years, the U.S. Department of Energy will begin producing small quantities of a material known as plutonium-238 at refurbished federal…
    www.forbes.com

It was once used to power pacemakers, with thermoelectric chips.

Plutonium Powered Pacemaker (1974)

Obviously, a LEC would be cheaper!

There are also tritium powered betavoltaic batteries. They last a long time, but they do not produce much power. A LEC would be cheaper, safer, and presumably it could be scaled up to much higher power. We hope.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.