Frank Gordon / Harper Whitehouse - the LEC -collected papers

• Hi Arnaud.

On Monday I can run some tests to see what it takes to light the nano led via the joule thief, I have power monitoring good enough to get a good idea..

But the key thing is that I am not building a single cell. I have got 20 steel plates 75 x 50 x 1 mm. on their way. I won't need them all. I an going to charge (say) 6 of them with hydrogen both sides using electrolysis in weak electrolyte (higher voltage) for the foundation layer, then overcoat that with Nickel plate on both sides- co deposition. And use them to build a series cell like a car battery. Maybe two which I can connect in parallel to boost the current.

Nobody ever built a LEC like that before.

• Looking great. About a year ago when I was thinking and budgetting what would take me to do a nickel foam LEC try I spent some time imagining a way to build a stack of nickel foam “plates”, being it so bendy, and I thought of a “3D printed” frame that could serve both to get the proper “rigidity” and spacing between the foils that would constitute the stack. I was thinking on the Nickel foam mostly because of the good results you had with it and the relative ease to electrolitically load the material and shape it in plates of any dimension, and it being relatively cheap and easy to source.

Unfortunately, shortly after, I faced some economic backhands that I have yet to overcome, so I was not in a budgetary position to engage in this, much to my chagrin.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• To build a stacked cell with Ni foam you can use the PTFE-coated glass-fibre mesh they sell for barbecues. That's thick enough to prevent short circuiting, insulating, and porous enough to allow free ion movement. Then you can sandwich the whole lot between 2 pieces of copper-clad circuit board and you have a battery.

• The 2 Joule thief circuits arrived...

A possible evolution from the Joule thief can be a dedicated energy harvester chip, like one of these:

ePeas semiconductors

Compared to the Joule thief, these will work starting from a lower voltage and, most important, will work at the maximum power transfer point for the cell, achieving greater efficiency!

Once the performance of your multi-LEC are known, I can design a specific solution employing these components if you want. Showing a new energy source, employing the best available electronic technologies, and possibly powering something useful, will be a sensational news for the media... ^^

• Once the performance of your multi-LEC are known, I can design a specific solution employing these components if you want. Showing a new energy source, employing the best available electronic technologies, and possibly powering something useful, will be a sensational news for the media... ^^

Wonderful news. Let's try.

• Good! Hope you will get at least 600mV with the stack.

Flashing led will remind me the concert album 'Pulse' from Pink Floyd which had a red flashing LED powered by a battery. Now let's make it pulsing forever :)

• Good! Hope you will get at least 600mV with the stack.

Flashing led will remind me the concert album 'Pulse' from Pink Floyd which had a red flashing LED powered by a battery. Now let's make it pulsing forever :)

I think the 600 mV mark has already been achieved many times, was trying to check but out of my memory I recall over 700 mV achieved by magicsound (hope I am not recalling it incorrectly, could not find his IWHALM slides), and also Alan Smith has seen above of 500 mV in several of his tests, but the Amperage is what has been in the microAmps range so there’s where the stacking comes to the rescue. Please Correct me if I al wrong Alan Smith .

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• Franks best result so far (in conversation) is 1mA with a Pd co dep on Pd cathode- though I don't know at what temperature or under what conditions of resistance etc. that was. I have been too tied up with other business today to make it into the lab, but Monday (if spared) I can see what the Joule-thief nanoLED combo needs. Then I will know how hard that can be.

• but the Amperage is what has been in the microAmps range so there’s where the stacking comes to the rescue. Please Correct me if I al wrong Alan Smith .

You are not altogether wrong, stacking is required. But stacking uniform cells will only increase the voltage. Current is a function of plate-area per cell. So a 2 volt and 2 ampere/hour cell (for example) used to build a 50 cell stack becomes a 100 volt cell but the peak current is still only 2A because that is all the individual cells in the chain can handle. To boost the current and the voltage the simplest way to gain plate area and thus current is by creating parallel stacks. So making our 50 cells into 5 x 10-cell stacks wired in parallel with each other will give you a voltage of 10x2=20V and a peak current of 5x2 = 10A.

• Ok Alan Smith , thanks for that clarification, I am aware that for more power from a single LEC bigger surface is the solution, but I was thinking, in the sense of considering each LEC plate as a battery, that the stacking could be in series if more voltage was needed and in parallell if more amperage was required, in order to achieve the VxI combination required to power the LED.

• These are some of the entry requirements for the IEEE. My answers in Bold.

• How sustainable is the product or service you have in mind?
    • Yes- All components are 100% recyclable or re-usable in refurbished systems. Nothing wears out or becomes contaminated in use.
    • Are you minimizing the use of materials in your manufacturing process?
    • Yes - Everything in the LEC has a function, usually more than one. There is no waste.
    • Are you minimizing transportation distances for source materials or the finished product?
    • Yes. 90% of a LEC's could be manufactured close to end users - and possibly using local scrap materials as a major component source.
    • Can the product be manufactured locally, reducing further transport as much as possible?
    • Yes- see above
    • Can your light source be locally repaired?
    • The LEC can be built and repaired locally, only the inexpensive LED chips need to be imported in a finished state.
    • Can the manufacturing process and facility be easily replicated elsewhere?
    • Yes- built almost anywhere with easily trained labour.
    • Is your solution energy efficient?
    • The LEC is very efficient - it is possible that 1Mol of hydrogen gas could power a small 3rd or 4th generation LEC for a century.**
    • Can the light source materials be recycled, leading to a circular economy?
    • Yes - LEC components themselves will create a circular economy, because they are durable and reusable for decades..
    • Does the business model you are proposing support product sustainability or a sustainable market?
    • Yes- a unique level of sustainability is the central platform for this technology
    • Are you sufficiently describing your end-user payment processes?
    • We foresee training the people who currently live by selling kerosene and candles to make and/or sell LECs, ensuring co-operation and support.

**1Mol of H2 is 22.4 litres at STP. That would refill a lot of LECs- even bigger ones.

• These are some of the entry requirements for the IEEE. My answers in Bold.

• How sustainable is the product or service you have in mind?
    • Yes- All components are 100% recyclable or re-usable in refurbished systems. Nothing wears out or becomes contaminated in use.
    • Are you minimizing the use of materials in your manufacturing process?
    • Yes - Everything in the LEC has a function, usually more than one. There is no waste.
    • Are you minimizing transportation distances for source materials or the finished product?
    • Yes. 90% of a LEC's could be manufactured close to end users - and possibly using local scrap materials as a major component source.
    • Can the product be manufactured locally, reducing further transport as much as possible?
    • Yes- see above
    • Can your light source be locally repaired?
    • The LEC can be built and repaired locally, only the inexpensive LED chips need to be imported in a finished state.
    • Can the manufacturing process and facility be easily replicated elsewhere?
    • Yes- built almost anywhere with easily trained labour.
    • Is your solution energy efficient?
    • The LEC is very efficient - it is possible that 1Mol of hydrogen gas could power a small 3rd or 4th generation LEC for a century.**
    • Can the light source materials be recycled, leading to a circular economy?
    • Yes - LEC components themselves will create a circular economy, because they are durable and reusable for decades..
    • Does the business model you are proposing support product sustainability or a sustainable market?
    • Yes- a unique level of sustainability is the central platform for this technology
    • Are you sufficiently describing your end-user payment processes?
    • We foresee training the people who currently live by selling kerosene and candles to make and/or sell LECs, ensuring co-operation and support.

**1Mol of H2 is 22.4 litres at STP. That would refill a lot of LECs- even bigger ones.

All of these 100% achievable, it’s really interesting, are you already filling the application form? How exciting!

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.