Zhao et al. report excess heat from Pt-H

• Here is a new paper:

Zhao, H., et al., Excess heat in a Pd(Pt)-D2O+LiOD reflux open-electrolytic cell, in 23rd International Conference on Condensed Matter Nuclear Science. 2021: Xiamen, China.

https://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/ZhaoHexcessheat.pdf

The authors found excess heat from Pt with light water. This certainly upends previous cold fusion studies. I believe Ed Storms also reported excess heat from Pd-H. I believe that result bolsters his model in which the surface morphology of the metal produces cold fusion, rather than the lattice structure.

This paper was not included in the ICCF23 proceedings (https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/BiberianJPjcondensedzi.pdf). Apparently it was rejected during peer review. I do not know why.

• The paper is a summary of 2 years of work and two different sets of experiments with different calorimetry techniques and a steep learning curve to adapt their electrolysis set up to work well with their Seebeck effect calorimeter. Acknowledging that I haven’t been able to read it carefully, my impression is that the rejection was because it is really confusing as one has a hard time to know what type of experiment is being talked about at each stance. Probably just my impression as I just got one read and wasnt able to go back and forth and read references as a proper analysis of a paper requires.

That said I appreciate they were able to identify several issues in their calorimetry and attempted to resolve them, they were apparently very thorough and measured separately the evaporation excess heat that THHuxleynew obsesses so much with.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• The fact that Pt-H also can produce LENR is not something that shocks me so much as many have reported positive results with Pt and I recall in particular Matsumoto publishing a paper with a Pt needle creating sparks in a K2CO3 solution that created very interesting effects in the copper target.

They still report some negative results with either Pd and Pt so the effect is still real.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.