Did AI Prove Our Proton Model WRONG?

• i'm not a scientist in any way but I follow it... that's why I'm here in this forum... following it...

i came across this video a couple of days ago and thought it might have relevance here... but i don't know... feel free to delete this if it doesn't... 8)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Good (PBS) summary.

It's not the new chatbots in the news (Large Language Model / Generative stuff), like chatGPT, which are known to hallucinate.

It is a deep learning network trained on 30 years of experimental data, and a large collection (100's of thousands) of theoretical models.

It comes up with the "best" model that fits the experimental results.

Right now, "best" at the "3 sigma" (1 in a 1000 chance of being wrong) which is the "very interesting, but ..." level of proof.

Burp. More data, please.

• Sabine Hossenfelder

"In this video I explain why building a next larger particle collider will most likely not tell us anything about dark matter and why, therefore, claims by prominent particle physicists that dark matter would be a "guaranteed result" are misleading."

Particle Physicists Continue Empty Promises

"Let's throw another 50 billions to it, because "science" you Know!?"

Sabine Hossenfelder is a vocal critic of the way things have been conducted. She is not popular among her peers for the same reason. At some point employment security becomes more important than the search for truth. These massive projects create a lot of loyalty among the ones working there.

(I think ITER falls in the same category as CERN, BTW).

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• At some point employment security

garbage generation is unsustainable in the long run.. but can be sustained for decades

if you are clever.. the PBS intrinsic charming vid was based on "LHC phenomenonolgy"

Open access to the garbage is here,

Evidence for intrinsic charm quarks in the proton - Nature
    Through machine learning analysis of a large set of collider data, a study disentangles intrinsic from radiatively generated charm, and finds evidence for an…
    www.nature.com

the charm quark is expected to have a fleeting existence .t.<<<10(-20) seconds?

which the lifetime of the garbage exceeds by a tad

"Here we present a resolution of this four-decade-long conundrum by providing unambiguous evidence for intrinsic charm in the proton.

This is achieved by means of a determination of the charm PDF (ref. 3) from an extensive hard-scattering global dataset,

using state-of-the-art perturbative QCD calculations19, adapted to accommodate the possibility of massive quarks inside the proton4,20,21, and sophisticated machine learning techniques3,22,23. This determination is performed at next-to-next-to-leading order (NNLO) in an expansion in powers of the strong coupling, αs, which represents the precision frontier for collider phenomenology"

• Number fudging extraordinaire.

precision frontier for collider phenomenology

There is ambition to explain medium mass nuclei such as 73Ge gamma spectrum..by QCD

maybe even the lowest energy state at 13 .....kev :)

sadly, the QCD deuteron modelling is a bit off...by 10 Mev or so.. not so precise

a few more decades of fudging might get it right.

. or not..

http://www.physics.adelaide.edu.au/cssm/workshops/apfb2014/media/presentations/detmold_w.pdf

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.