Energy from atmosphere

• However, note that 20 years later Roy Meyers was demonstrating another invention - that of a car that is propelled by compressed air.

The linked website describes this as a "perpetual motion fraud", and mentions his previous "absorber" as being another scam.

The list of US patents by Meyers seems to show a different story. No "absorber" and no "compressed air car".

Google Patents

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

Edited once, last by Frogfall ().

• Thanks Diadon Acs - I couldn't recall where I'd seen a particular video on this - and the above channel has a link to the one I wanted (below), which is well worth watching:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Bear in mind that the video is 9 years old, and the group he is talking about had supposedly been working on this stuff for about a decade before that.

I wouldn't call it Tesla technology, myself. I think of it more as Ben Franklin Tech ;)

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

• This is the company mentioned above. it is a classic “we are going to change the world” outfit - with a huge team - and “represents a great investment opportunity”.

How Ion harvesting Works On Earth - Ion Power Group
    How ion harvesting works on earth. How harvesting naturally occurring ions in the Earth’s atmosphere day and night can generate clean renewable electricity.
    ionpowergroup.com

Despite their “highly qualified team”, they seem to have made little, if any, progress in their 19 years of operation. But despite that poor progress, they don’t see that as a hindrance to making money. They are even claiming their “technology” as being an ideal source of power for use on Mars, without actually finding any real uses for it on earth.

Although their work differs little from that of Hermann Plauson, in 1925, their patents could be used in a vexatious fashion to create legal problems for anyone else engaging with the field. One of the recent US patents has a huge citation list of older patents, by various people, but the list only seems to go back to the 1980s, and Plauson is certainly not mentioned.

This is their "technology" document:

https://9a099e.a2cdn1.securese…sentation-July-update.pdf

They do namecheck Tesla, but are claiming that their advances are due to the "magic of graphene".

Edited 2 times, last by Frogfall ().

• Interestingly, there is an article on wikipedia about energy harvesting - but although it includes a long list of technologies and potential sources, atmospheric static isn't mentioned once.

Energy harvesting - Wikipedia

I guess the problem of lightning protection might be seen as an issue, and could encourage people to quickly dismiss the idea. However, maybe similar techniques to those used to protect telecommunications towers from lightning strike could be adapted.

Also:

• I guess the problem of lightning protection might be seen as an issue, and could encourage people to quickly dismiss the idea. However, maybe similar techniques to those used to protect telecommunications towers from lightning strike could be adapted.

The total energy of all lightening simply is to tiny to afford harvesting it.

• The total energy of all lightening simply is to tiny to afford harvesting it.

I wasn't talking about harvesting lightning. It was about protecting the equipment (and people) from lightning strike.

This isn't "Back to the Future" ;)

• This New Device Generates Electricity From Thin Air

Nearly any material covered with tiny holes can derive energy from humidity, per a new study, opening doors to more sustainable power

This New Device Generates Electricity From Thin Air
    Nearly any material covered with tiny holes can derive energy from humidity, per a new study, opening doors to more sustainable power
    www.smithsonianmag.com

With a new technique, scientists have essentially figured out how to create power from thin air. Their tiny device generates electricity from the air’s humidity, and it can be made from nearly any substance, scientists reported this month in the journal Advanced Materials.

The invention involves two electrodes and a thin layer of material, which must be covered with tiny holes less than 100 nanometers in diameter—thinner than one-thousandth the width of a human hair, according to a statement from the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, where the researchers work.

• Found a 1976 military research report about thetered ballons that serves as a good gathering of known basic science about this in case one needs a single handy reference. Has a graph of Amperes versus height that would corroborate that the currents are small per square meter, but the areas involved are big and also the voltages. Will leave it here and see if I can get some numbers out of this in an attempt to verify if Poisson’s claims can be true.

https://apps.dtic.mil/sti/tr/pdf/ADA034847.pdf

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• Cool little video atmosphere harvesting by bringing a wire up on a drone to about 100m with a wire, and attaching a small motor. (got about 5000V)

(DUPLICATE POST in thread, but I missed it on first page)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Cool little video atmosphere harvesting by bringing a wire up on a drone to about 100m with a wire, and attaching a small motor. (got about 5000V)

External Content youtu.be

Had already posted it here: RE: Energy from atmosphere

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• External Content www.youtube.com

Scary stuff... ;)

I quite like this guy's channel.

• External Content www.youtube.com

Scary stuff... ;)

I quite like this guy's channel.

This is how the E-cat SKLed gets it's milliwatts.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.