Prometheus Energy (Italy) Claim LENR H2 Production system.

• Thanks to Sindre Zeiner-Gundersen for spotting this. Haslen Back of ENG8 met these guys at a conference in Holland recently- he wwas impressed I think

Energy, Majorana (Red Kilometer): Prometheus, the reactor that produces hydrogen

07 May 2024

“We have created a reactor capable of developing high-efficiency green energy. From a spark, which we are able to repeat and control, we will produce energy at the service of people and industry." Thus Salvatore Majorana, director of Kilometro Rosso. In an interview with Il Corriere della Sera he explains: "With a small amount of energy, produced by a battery of a traditional car, we are able to induce a transformation of water capable of releasing large quantities of hydrogen, and it is not a matter of electrolysis". An entirely made in Italy project that will become operational in a fairly short time: “We are counting on a year and a half, but it is already ready to be presented to investors. We are in the field of Lenr (low energy nuclear reaction), a branch of physics that has been little studied to date and which is now involving researchers from MIT to Caltech to Doe. Recently the European Union has also been financing some projects to which several leading experts in Italy are paying attention. In these five years we have already achieved results of objective importance. And this is confirmed by the third parties we asked to certify and measure what happens in our reactor", adds Majorana. The Prometheus project (prometheusreactor.com) started in 2018 with a team of technicians who worked in close collaboration with the Polytechnic University of Milan and Bicocca.

Energia, Majorana (Kilometro rosso): Prometheus, il reattore che produce idrogeno - Geagency
    "Abbiamo realizzato un reattore capace di sviluppare energia verde ad alta efficienza. Da una scintilla, che siamo in grado di ripetere e controllare,
    geagency.it

• Thanks SindreZG for passing this on to Alan. We talked a little about them RE: ENG8 - new plasma energy system before. Since then, I did some searching about Ground Control Holdings, and their UM 2 Prometheus reactor (developed supposedly by the highly respected Kilometro Rosso), but could not satisfy myself they were legit after going through their websites. Just the fact they presented alongside ENG8 at the Oct 2023 Tugboat Association Conference, made me a bit leery.

I decided I would have to hear from Kilometro Rosso itself before bothering to dig any further into this story, and put it on the backburner...until reading the above by Salvatore Majorana, of, yes, Kilometro Rosso. And yes, he is part of the KR Team https://www.kilometrorosso.com/en/the-team/ So, it looks like this could be serious.

Also, GCH's oversees another group, "Team Scotia", that is developing the Storm Reactor. Anyone know more about that?

• I couldn't find detailed information on their technology, but from few slices and bits on the web it seems to be based on the well known (and never explained) underwater arc phenomenon, as described, among others, by Graneau (George Hathaway, Peter Graneau, Neal Graneau, "Solar Energy Liberation from Water by Electric Arcs". Journal of Plasma Physics Vol. 60, Part 4, pp.775-786, 1998). They just harvest the liberated energy as gas pressure and/or hydrogen.

• Did they go on the Mizuno water discharge way too ?

It makes me laugh because JedRothwell told us that he had never heard of Lenr reactions in liquids (if he only knew).

I couldn't find detailed information on their technology, but from few slices and bits on the web it seems to be based on the well known (and never explained) underwater arc phenomenon, as described, among others, by Graneau (George Hathaway, Peter Graneau, Neal Graneau, "Solar Energy Liberation from Water by Electric Arcs". Journal of Plasma Physics Vol. 60, Part 4, pp.775-786, 1998). They just harvest the liberated energy as gas pressure and/or hydrogen.

Edited once, last by Cydonia ().

• Did they go on the Mizuno water discharge way too ?

It makes me laugh because JedRothwell told us that he had never heard of Lenr reactions in liquids (if he only knew).

The discharge is with tungsten. The reaction takes place in the tungsten, which disintegrates. All cold fusion reactions involve liquid or gas, but they do not occur in the liquid or gas itself.

• Again lithium melted was often involved as liquid and what's about cavitation ? Mizuno's discharges in water ?

Probably some other ways beyond Pd/D.

The discharge is with tungsten. The reaction takes place in the tungsten, which disintegrates. All cold fusion reactions involve liquid or gas, but they do not occur in the liquid or gas itself.

Edited 2 times, last by Cydonia ().

• The discharge is with tungsten. The reaction takes place in the tungsten, which disintegrates. All cold fusion reactions involve liquid or gas, but they do not occur in the liquid or gas itself.

At a fundamental level, cold nuclear fusion occurs as a non-mechanical process in Matter (gas, liquid, solid - this is mechanics) according to the following scheme:

e + n → p + e- + ῡe + 13.6 eV =Q= E →

• Yes, it is another "me too" electric sparks in water device. In this case, slightly salty water.

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

• I couldn't find detailed information on their technology, but from few slices and bits on the web it seems to be based on the well known (and never explained) underwater arc phenomenon, as described, among others, by Graneau (George Hathaway, Peter Graneau, Neal Graneau, "Solar Energy Liberation from Water by Electric Arcs". Journal of Plasma Physics Vol. 60, Part 4, pp.775-786, 1998). They just harvest the liberated energy as gas pressure and/or hydrogen.

Those silly underwater ark/spark discharges.... only fools would research them... 😅

George Hathaway, that is name I haven't read in a while.

Maybe people will find these links useful.

"Generation of Heat and Products During Plasma Electrolysis"

"Hydrogen Evolution by Plasma Electrolysis in Aqueous Solution"

• Authors: T. Mizuno, T. Akimoto, K. Azumi, T. Ohmori, Y. Aoki, A. Takahashi
    • Citation: Mizuno et al., 2005

"Anomalous Energy Generation During Conventional Electrolysis"

"Confirmation of Heat Generation and Anomalous Element Caused by Plasma Electrolysis in the Liquid"

"Production of Heat During Plasma Electrolysis"

Here's a Patent as well for good measure.

"Method and device for producing thermal energy by plasma electrolysis"

I highly recommend Matsumoto's work as well if Plasma Electrolysis is something you are interested in.

If you would like more information or resources let me know and I can dig up more.

• I notice that there was some discussions of aqueous arcs back in 2017.

The original video has gone offline, but here is another (possibly the same device). I think this guy is in Moldova.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

BTW, Alan Smith , acetone only has around half the specific heat capacity of water. It is hardly the 120:1 ratio required to get the same temperature change, over time, from only 1.7w input power. If it was a trick, then that was not how it was done.

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

Edited once, last by Frogfall ().

• To be critical about the video, I don't like how the thermometer goes off screen and the "reactor heart" was hidden by "membranes".
    It's too vague and ambiguous to be taken seriously.
    Just be open and transparent or your wasting peoples time or want ad click revenue.

• It's too vague and ambiguous to be taken seriously.

Any video can be faked - just as any academic paper, reporting the results of an experiment, can be bogus.

It's just another example of someone displaying an aqueous arc "anomalous energy" device. Nobody is obliged to "believe" it.

• Catalyzed nuclear fusion occurs in an electrical arc in deuterium or water. This is not a guess. I have provided all the basis and provided step by step math of mass balance and stoichiometry. Anyone should be able to repeat the math and get the same conclusion. I am following that line of investigation with a model, verifiable predictions and data analysis to verify expectations. Electrogravity (electron-gravity) as a cause of nuclear reactions.

• "Prometheus, the entirely made in Italy reactor to produce hydrogen"

Prometheus, il reattore tutto made in Italy per produrre idrogeno
    Il progetto, che ha trovato casa al Kilometro Rosso di Bergamo ed è partito nel 2018 con un team di tecnici che ha lavorato in stretta collaborazione con il…
    www.corriere.it

"Slightly larger than a coffee maker. A bolt of energy triggers a reaction that mixes the atoms of water (H2O) and from this recombination mechanical work, heat and hydrogen in significant quantities are released, clean energy. The search for alternative sources to fossil fuels sees Italy at the forefront, from biofuels to wind power. And now the Prometheus project (prometheusreactor.com), which found a home at the Kilometro Rosso in Bergamo and started in 2018 with a team of technicians who worked in close collaboration with the Polytechnic University of Milan and Bicocca. «We have created a reactor capable of developing highly efficient green energy. From a spark, which we are able to repeat and control, we will produce energy at the service of people and industry", underlines Salvatore Majorana, director of Kilometro Rosso. Here it is: a project that puts the link with production first - it is no coincidence that the first to focus on this idea was Alberto Bombassei, the owner of Brembo - and which is now once again opening up the capital to new investors for around 7 million of Euro. «With a small amount of energy, produced by a traditional car battery, we are able to induce a transformation of water capable of releasing large quantities of hydrogen, and it is not electrolysis», underlines Majorana."

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.