stefan Verified User
  • Member since Aug 31st 2015
  • Last Activity:

Posts by stefan

Title: EM vs QM

Date: 2019-09-23 23:00

Author: Stefan Israelsson Tampe

Sorry for the schematic math, I will post it in a nicer form later,

To want to understand QM you are not suppose to think what's the reson behind it is, but simply accept it and continue with the calculations. As I'm philosophically minded I don't accept this. Now there was some ideas that come to my attention. First an intresting approach to model maxwells equations for source terms that moves at the speed of light. The paper can be located at [Restricted Maxwell](https://www.researchgate.net/publication/320274378_Maxwell's_Equations_and_Occam's_Razor). Accompanioning this paper is a recent published book (discussed here) seam to claim that it can connect these EM theory with QED. I havent read this book yet but I still want to speculate how to model QED from this theory.

Let's begin. What's the simplest model of source terms that move with the speed of light? well that must be based on a plane wave e.g.

$$

S = C \exp(i k \cdot x), |k| = 0.

$$

If we assume the sources based on $S$ we would expect that using $A$ the potential, fields expressed as

$$\Phi = \gamma \cdot A = \Phi_0 \exp(i k \cdot x)$$, With $\Phi_0$ much slowly varying than the wave part. Therefore the value over one cycle is

$$

\int \Phi_0(x_0 + dx)\exp(ik \cdot (x-x_0)\,dx =

\int dx (x-x_0)\cdot \nabla \Phi_0(x+0)exp(ik \cdot (x+x_0)) =

\sum \frac{2\pi i}{k_i}\partial_i \Phi_0 = \sum i \hbar \partial_i \Phi_0

$$, assuming all $k_i$ is equal in magnitude.

E.g. multiplying a slowly varying field will essentially produce the derivative of it if viewed from some distance.

Now we will play a little with correctness but note that $\gamma_i = \gamma_i^-1$ and that we assume we could replace $k_i$ with $\gamma_i k_i$, then again the source terms satisfy the wave equation and also

$$

\Phi(x) ~ \sum i \hbar \gamma_i \partial_i \Phi_0

$$

But not only this, if we add an external field $\gamma \cdot B$ then we have exactly the same equation as the dirac equation with an external field but without mass.

$$

\Phi(x) ~ \sum \gamma_i (i \hbar \partial_i \Phi_0 + B_i)

$$

Note we are allowed to add a constant to the exponential function in the original source term as it will be removed taking the derivative. Now if we assume that the energy of the exponential physics is $m c$ in the small testvolume around a local and scale with the size $\Phi_0$ we get

$$

0 = \Phi_0(exp(...) - mc)) = \sum \gamma_i ((i \hbar \partial_i \Phi_0) + B_i) - m c \Phi_0

$$

Now this is a calculation on a napkin, take it for what it is worth.

This book has an interesting approach. If you consider E=mc^2 than that is close to a curled up charge that moves at the speed of light and this property that fundamental charge densities should move at the speed of light is something of a clue. Now from the published paper the approach is to rewrite Maxwells equation to handle only a restriction of solutions of conserved charge that move at the speed of light. So it is not the same as Maxwell's equation. And to formulate this they tried to use as much symmetry and simplicity as possible. Now the book claims they can reproduce QED as a direct consequence of this restricted EM theory and that in itself is really interesting actually it's fantastic news if it is true. The question is where the SO(4) logic lies but to note is that we do have 4 complex dimensions here and that periodic solutions usually is seen as solutions on S^1 so indeed we might be able to find SO(4) in this structure.

The Zitterbewegung Orbit of Electrons with A Kovacs is next. This is heavy stuff. He is talking about a very close electron-nucleaus proximity configuration , significantly closer than inner shell electrons. Experiments he observed characteristic of Bremsstrahlun and energy carried away by electrons. The close proximity electron -nucleus distance is around 1% of the Bohr radius, e.e 500 fm.

He is using Maxwell's EM equations, adn their "remarkable consequences", like explaining "what mass is made of, explains what charges are made of, and he doesn't need EM gauge invariance constraints, which removes paradoxes. His next slide shows connections between EM and QM: one of which is QM probability denstity is EM Langrangian density (Lorentz invariant)

and also, gauge invariance is a property of the QM wavefunction (not a real symmetry of EM) The consequence: Heisenberg uncertainty applies only to those oscillation modes of the particle wavefunction which exist.

Local speed of electric charge is always the speed of light, but goes into decomposition into ZBW wave and particle motions. The energy of the wave is less than we had before, but it gains kinetic energy.

This is hard to follow for me. I will have to say, "read the paper"!

here is a link of a discussion of that Clifford Algebra and Maxwell-Dirac theory.

How about this: advocate that BLP provide clear, well controlled and calibrated calorimetry showing exactly how they measure the input to the "Suncell" device, and how they measure the output, including enough raw data that their calculations can be checked along with whether they have done enough to rule out errors? Or perhaps they can make the Suncell self-running (remove the power input to the cell) to correspond to their claims of high efficiency and high power out? They use photocells to convert light to electricity, right? And the device is powered by electricity, right? See the point?

They are clearly working on just this. But they keep the card tight to their chest. Perhaps they have not completed the work yet, or they want to save the announcement to a point where it is beneficial for the company like a finished product or if they must ask for more monney for development. If it works and the monney is there to be spend why feeding the competitors? I surely would not like my investment to do that too early. But you are right what you ask for in order to accept the suncell is reasonable.

This is math, accroding to spec you have aprox same power so

U1 I1 = U2 I2

Reareange this by dividing by I1I2 you get

U1/I2 = U2 / I1

So of cause you get aprox same resistance if you switch e.g. voltage. That is not strange at all and no reason to call for more investigation.

Also there is differnt grades of nicrome wires some have higher temperature dependancy than other. But the do differ very much and suggests different coils. Which is by no means a problem. Especially since there has been careful redundancy in the measurements of input power.

That gives 4,5kw mean input power. My memory told me "max 6kw" input power => COP > 6.6 with a 40kW signal. Good thing with BLP is that they published their scientific milestones pretty fast in the past. RM is a writing machine. I would love to hear some technical details :)

I think that they not running it at full power so a guess would be that they have around COP 10 atm. But well see, maybe this thingie is only economical to generate heat

Thanks, This one seems to have gotten BLP more excited than normal, so thought I would make it easier to view:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Assuming low input power with a good enough COP to get out electricity on the plus side of this and that we get a hight enough eV per hydrogen to be able to split it from water and still have a plus, This is a fantastic video and is someting I had in my wishlist to see. 1 hour and that was not limited by the suncell. Wow we are getting close to putting this baby in a real plant.

Also note, they are probably not running the suncell att max power so the input energy could be lower than specified before.

To raise the mind from the microscopic to macroscopic,

RM predicted the acceleration of the expansion of the universe and his calculated value seam to be smack in the middle or a little high.

Recent calculations of the accelleration seam to prove that value was correct making the case for his theory really strong (e.g.

he blidly prediced a value that is smack in the middle or a little high statistically speaking of 5 or so different measurments). That feat is

actually of a magnitude that deserves a Nobel Price. Was it just pure luck?

Heres the link

BLP POST

Any news about that? I know you said two weeks, but this seems to me like a show stopper. If the active reactor surface temperature is not significantly larger than the calibration, I believe there is a strong chance of no excess heat...

Is it surface temperature per watt of output power or surface temperature per input power. You will basically draw two very different conclusions depending on which is the case.

Well my experience is that if the result is against the view of the one doing the peer, the peer can stall the process and ask for more detail and in the end

although the result is proven still reject it because it is against their intuition. LENR is against most peer reviewers intuition.

Assume that the convective transfer is the same inside as on the outside.

then heat from box to outside air is

Q1 = K (T1 - T0) A

Heat to inside air is (air is 10 degrees hotter)

Q2 = K (T2 - 10 - T0) A

in balance the heat flowing through the insulation is tha same as Q1 e.g

Q1 = K2 (T2 - T1) A

Assume K2 = 0.1K

Q1 = 0.1 K (T2 - T1) A = K(T1 - T0)A

or

0.1 (T2 - T1) = T1 - T0

or

1.1T1 = 0.1 T2 + T0

or aprox

T1 = 0.1T2 + T0 - 0.1 T0

T0 = 20, T2 = 80 => T1 = 30

Hence

Q1 = K*(30-20)*A = K 10 A = 0.1 K (T2 - T0) A

Now A = 2m^2 we get with K=10

Q1 = 200W

Q2 = K *(80-10-20) A = 10 * 50 * 2 = 1000W

Contradiction, K=5 => Q2 = 500W, contradiction as well.

In fact

Q1/Q2 = 0.1 (T2 - 20) / (T2 - 30) ~ 0.1-0.2

So The heat from the wall to the inside air is about 10x the heat to the outside air.

150W goes to the wall, that means that most of it goes to the inside air so Q2 ~ 150W

This means that Q1 ~ 15W - 30W

Also,

Q2 = K (T2 - 30) * 2 = 150

K = 10 => T2 ~ 38 degrees

K = 5 => T2 ~ 45 degrees

/Stefan

So say that the heat is 276W/m^2, now convective cooling is around 10W/Km^3 this means that at around 30 degrees

we can match the radiating coolant with convective cooling and this is assuming no forced convection.

The air is around 10 degrees higher in total we have a temperature difference of 40 degrees or less we assume black body

and low convection properties.

I agree thar not much can pass out of the insulation with these temperatures id we assume one magnitude lower heat transfer through

the insulation assume an area of 1m^2 we get that 30W/m^2 and a loss of 10% through the walls which should be a

high estimate. Looks to me that Mizuno got his estemates all right.

Yes it is indeed hard to swallow. But models are models and they can work in some part ans not in some other part. Typically QM is used for smashing particles and you have good matches. The problem

is that it is a tuned model and predictions of new stuff is not exact. For example the prediction of the Higgs particles allowed quite a lot of leeway of where it is found. And then they tuned their model. It's

more like we have a catalog of the particle physics than a good theory. Atom physics follows QM quite well for H but it unclear if it covers all atom physics because it is so hard to get exact results with QM. Also

the world can be so mean that two models overlap sometimes and not sometimes. Anyway if we experimental results contradicts theory we must change the theory and refusing to do that means that

you work in the black with trial and error and your company will be outrun by some that employs a theory to guide the research.

Randel Mills GUTCP takes another view on this. I find that work creative and thoughtful and might get to the finish line in the end.

And this has not stopped our Wyttenbach from spinning it to the point that he at least calculates properties of the nucleus that is

confirmed later from experiment. Of cause if you want to pass exams this is all heretic. But then again being here is a bit weird

of us all, If you ask your typical professor. Anyway if Mizuno or Mills or X get to prove their stuff, the world will be all weird and

then likely we need to rewrite the theory we learn. Maybe QM need to go, Maybe a classical view will work, you just need to be

open minded in such an environment or you will loose $.

It's not fixed errors, looks like the errors is in the order of 0.025% for wind speeds, sounds small to me, but one has to verify this against the relative errors of the actual anemometer (precition and not systematic error)

which should be the crucial measurement here. Then also one need to consider if these measurements are taken momentary or is a mean values for say 1min duration then perhaps these numbers are ok.

The measured energy out is the energy from the blower wall plus the energy from the air to the blower which both comes from the reactor so the effect this has on the system should be really really small e.g. leakage out of the system besides air flow. I don't see the importance of this issue when we are talking about 250W.

Let's try a little calculation.

sigma = 5.67e-8 W / m^2/K^4

According to Stefan Boltzman. Att T = T0 + 300 degrees surplus at T0=300K

black body radiation wattage/m^2 from the inner surface:

j1 = sigma T^4 - sigma T0^4= 6889 W / m^2

No let's say the outer box radius is 5 times the inner box radious assuming everything is a spheres and all black bodies, then on the outer sphere

j2 = j1 / (R/r)^2 = j1/ 5^2 = 276 W/m^2

Now assume the blower facing the reactor is a square of area 0.1*0.1 m^2 = 0.01m^2 then

w = j2 * 0.01 = 2.8 W

Does not look important to me

Can we summon Popeye from ecatnews? He's one of my faviorite sceptics and being beaten by him was one of the most delightful events at the ecatnews site. Also comments from goat guy, another great skeptics at next big future would be a great to listen to, actually it would be nice if NBF run a post on this topic.