CWatters Member
  • Member since Dec 5th 2017
  • Last Activity:

Posts by CWatters

I hesitate to post this (so moderators feel free to delete) but from BBC Radio 4 comes...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000nwqw

Released On: 24 Oct 2020
    Available for 28 days

Fusion Confidential

A young physicist makes a discovery that might change the world. A nuclear LENR science comedy.

"It works! A fusion reaction with consistent and significant indications of excess heat and repeated evidence of the presence of Neutrons within a nanosecond of sonoluminescence"

About a year ago a company called Inductance Energy Corp was mentioned here. You may recall they claimed in youtube vids and on their website to have invented a magnet powered generator that appears to break the laws of physics.

Today I found they are raising funds to build another factory..

https://svinews.com/new-factor…ton-could-bring-200-jobs/

"Inductance Energy Corp. of Cheyenne wants to manufacture wiring harnesses, flywheel components and other electrical generating equipment in Riverton, using a $10 million industrial revenue bond issued through the city."

https://county10.com/energy-co…r-manufacturing-facility/

“We are moving as fast as we can,” Hawley explained. Everything is reliant on the tax-exempt revenue bond approval which is at the sole discretion of Governor Mark Gordon."

Here is their video if you missed it first time..

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

*If* I had an invention I knew worked, and if I knew I could significantly improve it with some more time, and if I wanted to leave any competition in the dust and dominate the market for the foreseeable future, almost surely I would delay a mass market release. Rossi is doing what I would do.

But Rossi is 70 years old. I'd sell the rights and buy a few luxury condos somewhere warm and sunny to live out my remaining days playing tennis with my wife.

I recall reading somewhere that the density of zero point energy is very low, something like 10-9 joules per cubic meter. So it seems to me any device designed to "collect it" or otherwise turn it into useful energy would need to be huge.

Short story: Newman had energy. Engineers confirmed it. Developed latent angry trying to prove it against naysayers. Died paranoid and angry at anyone who would try to help.

I know we should not believe everything on Wikipedia but..

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newman%27s_energy_machine

"Newman attempted to patent the device, but was rejected by the United States Patent Office as being a perpetual motion machine.[1] When the rejection was later appealed, the United States district court requested that Newman's machine be tested by the National Bureau of Standards (NBS). The NBS concluded in June 1986 that output power was not greater than the input.[2] Thus, the patent was again denied."

I can see a potential source of error...

If the element runs cooler when hydrogen is used then less power would be conducted out of reactor down the wires that power the heater. This would mean there is more power escaping the walls of the reactor raising the external temperature so it looks like excess heat is generated.

However the scale of the effect should be small or you can measure it and account for it.

Heat energy transfer from the heater to the thermos must slow to the rate of energy loss. I assume that rate of tranfer is less than the nominal power of the heater.

Sorry that's not right.

If you put 100W into a heating element then 100w must go somewhere. It must either escape the element or start raising its temperature or both.

Typically what happens is the element temperature increases and that increases losses from the element. Eventually a steady state constant temperature condition is reached. Under steady state 100w must escape the element.

The more you insulate the element the hotter it has to get to dissipate the 100w. But it must dissipate 100w under steady state conditions.

If it was ideally insulated so no heat can escape it's temperature would go on rising indefinitely (until melted or otherwise failed).

Replacing air with hydrogen would increase conducted losses meaning the element would loose the 100w at a lower temperature. There are two effects that cancel out exactly..

1) the increased conductivity would tend to increase the external temperature but

2) the lower element temperature would tend to reduce the external temperature.

Here is my different take on the external temperature debate...

Changing the internal thermal resistance should not change the external thermal resistance. So the thermal resistance between the outside of the vessel and infinity/ambient is the same for control and experiment.

All the power leaving the vessel must flow through this external resistance.

If the power flowing through this external resistance is the same for control and experiment then the temperature gradient between the outside of the vessel and infinity must also be the same. Therefore the outside temperature must be the same. I agree with Jed.

Here is a working link to the Patent: https://patents.google.com/patent/US9994450B2/en

Fractional Hydrogen -the hydrino - seems to require a catalyst as Mills states.

Graneau's experiments seem to us a better fit for the Ionized Gas Reactor.

I admit not reading the whole patent but..

Am I right in thinking they aren't collecting the hydrogen? Looks like they immediately burn it again?

So how do they know all of water injected was converted to hydrogen and oxygen? Could some just be turned into water vapour?

Is this ruled out somewhere I missed?

When it comes to homeopathy I'm with James Randi. If homeopathy worked I'd be dead by now.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.