Just read that Industrial Heat/Cherokee say Rossi's eCAT never worked

• Does anyone know how to find corporate tax filings or employment records? I think that's all public information, but have been looking for JM Products records this afternoon and haven't found anything yet. Maybe someone else is better at that type of thing...

If they're an actual business they should have historical tax records showing revenue, and should have employees but I can't find anything about them or anyone saying they're connected to them on any of the professional networking websites.

If they're not making anything, then this whole 1 year test was basically a lab test fully dependent on calibration and open to measurement error...

At least if they were a real company making something we would be able to fall back on evidence of what they produced year over year and what their energy use was year over year to show real world evidence of a 1+ COP without having to rely on complicated calculations.

• If they're an actual business they should have historical tax records showing revenue

Patrick Ellul, over on Vortex, suggests the business is a shell company hiding the real customer, which is a British company. I have no way of verifying this at this point, so take it as speculation.

If that is the case, it may be that the true company did not want undue publicity or liability, which provides a potentially legitimate reason for there being a shell company whose president is the same as that of Leonardo Corp. (perhaps a lawyer not all that connected to Rossi).

• When we follow the money it boils (!) down to Rossi wanting US$ 108 from [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] for telling them how to heat water with electricity. My prediction is that [lexicon]IH[/lexicon]'s investments in other LENR technologies will meet with similar success.

• When we follow the money it boils (!) down to Rossi wanting US$ 108 from [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] for telling them how to heat water with electricity. My prediction is that [lexicon]IH[/lexicon]'s investments in other LENR technologies will meet with similar success.

[lexicon]IH[/lexicon] must have judged that something that the E-Cat did worked to the tune of 11.5 million in payments. But it did not work well enough for 89 million. Or else [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] took Rossi's IP and reformatted it in their own device and now wants to discard Rossi after they are just as capable at LENR as he is. This might be an inventor discard move. This is my current feelings but subject to change as more facts come out.

• Official Post

It is a huge mess.
    They will kill the domain if they continue that way.

Thomas in his paradigm is right, it supports his theories.

What is probable, is not the popular romantic idea that a big VC screwed a nice inventor, but something with many kind of grey.
    Rossi is known to trust nobody, and to play alone.

What seems sure is that at least one of the two made something that is stupid, thinking he was smarter. This is Hubris consequence, and very common in the domain.

Worst case is that Rossi fooled Darden with screwed tests, but given the lack of control on the tests, not even allowing a predictable manipulated result (fraud demand good engineering), it seems more credible Darden is furious that no test was done with perfect protoco that he could sell to investors and clients.

Many outcome possible.

One is that darden force Rossi to allow an undeniable test (no tester who tested his reactor before... to please the paranoid - and good protocol) and publish it.

One is that darden and Rossi damage LENR emerging startups bringing the domain back 10 years ago. Hopefully some serious guys are aware there is potential, and they will probably follow the Ed Storms method, with PdD to build a theory and generalize later...

One is that serious guys in EU, China or Russia follow the tracks of Hobbyists and at last do a serious job, believing that making huge money with many partners is more important than controlling all alone. letting US in the same state as after Wright Brothers patent war...

One is that Brillouin take over in US and save the credibility of the domain, more slowly, bur more surely.

• No, no AlainCo.

Brillouin will not take over anything of value with their process, "catalyzed with electrical charges from Brillouin Energy’s proprietary Q-Pulse™ electronic pulse generator".

This is just the same stuff that exits the rear end of a male cow.

[lexicon]IH[/lexicon] must have judged that something that the E-Cat did worked to the tune of 11.5 million in payments. But it did not work well enough for 89 million. Or else [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] took Rossi's IP and reformatted it in their own device and now wants to discard Rossi after they are just as capable at LENR as he is. This might be an inventor discard move. This is my current feelings but subject to change as more facts come out.

The facts are:

[lexicon]IH[/lexicon] gave Rossi the $10M on the strength of Penon's 24 hour test which appeared to work very well. That was on a Rossi built reactor that they owned and controlled. Unfortunately they did not listen to scientific advice about how to make the test rigorous - and believed a report that no scientist would be happy with.

[lexicon]IH[/lexicon] built the Lugano reactor themselves - and it appeared to work quite well (not as well as the previous one). This as we know was an artifact now understood and while I'm not sure when [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] realised this they certainly do now. I'd guess, from positive comments they made in the middle of last year - the quote about isotopic transformation and fusion - that they did not understand this until quite recently. If my public comments about the Lugano reactor helped that penny to drop I'm glad but as always companies in the real world tend to listen to their own real world advisors not internet forums.

[lexicon]IH[/lexicon]'s problem has been that although Rossi's tests show plentiful excess power their own tests do not. That will be on the 30 e-cat reactor they own that Rossi built and that Penon claimed had a COP of 6. It must have been frustrating for them and would in the end have forced them to look more seriously at the possibility that Rossi's test of the same reactor was somehow wrong.

It is tragic for [lexicon]IH[/lexicon] not only because of the mess with Rossi (I don't believe Rossi will get anywhere with his action - it is I expect a consequence of his deep disappointment at not getting the $89M) but because they genuinely believe LENR is the way forward and the premature excitement over Rossi - helped by their own past actions - will probably make such research more difficult in the future.

Just as the external world takes a simplistic view of Rossi "he has claims, some people with real money believe him, it seems there is something there", so there may be a simplistic view of the Rossi crash "claims of LENR were false => all claims of LENR must be false".

I happen to think that LENR is not real with quite high probability, but Rossi's sideshow and its collapse should not tarnish LENR. I only wish that more LENR people has adopted a proper degree of rigor in their analysis of "the Rossi effect".

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.