Cutting Through the Fog Surrounding the Rossi/IH Dispute (Josh G)

• In Rossi's world, IH has been converted from an ally to an enemy. It's not the money, it's betrayal and treachery, a violation of faith, betrayal of trust, treason. The battle is now joined and one with proper and one won't. No quarter will be given and none will be taken.

• Axil

But I see a potential conspiracy here. Both sides would be overwhelmed with a court verdict which produced the following headlines:

"COURT RULES COLD FUSION WILL SAVE THE PLANET"

Which side will pull away from that, well, Rossi will if he knows his invention does 'not work' and cannot be made 'useful'.

If he stays the distance, they will both be in for the long fight.

Best regards
    Frank

Since Rossi has nothing that clearly works, only some electric heaters as shown in Lugano, and maybe a large box of electric heaters used as a water heater or boiler, he won't want to put that before a jury.

Well, that is very possible. But it is also possible that Rossi is sufficiently confident either that his device works, or that he can convince a jury it works, that he would go for it. I think it is difficult to predict other people's actions unless they are wholly rational. Rossi strikes me as being not totally rational (and this is common enough) over his invention and its publicity.

The 2.5X thing was true of all the experiments where triode control box output was measured by average V and A meters. More recently the independent tests have used PCE-830s. At the start I think (sorry don't remember) power meters were used etc.

But I take it as an indication that for whatever reason Rossi has been getting false positives, and resistant to changing his methods to avoid them based on advice from others. That is a theme with wider evidence than the X2.5 under-reading of input power.

However Rossi will say his Hotcat does work. As proof he has the Lugano report,

The Lugano report would be eviscerated on examination in a Court. The report error is real and definite. That this leads to a false positive reading of the same magnitude as the claimed result is real and definite. Expert witnesses arguing that would win hands down. Other errors are more difficult (impossible) to prove because we have only circumstantial evidence for them, rather then known mistakes in the report. That is a testament to the relatively high quality of the Lugano report, they tried hard to report everything in detail to make it bomb-proof - although their methodology was suspect and they had this one big error (and a few other insignificant ones).

Of course what you say above may still be correct - Rossi is Rossi.

• Tom

Has the Lugano report been placed in the court 'docket'? If not it will not be considered.

Don't forget, the court process is 'adversarial', each side chooses its 'weapons' and battle begins.

I think it unlikely the 'Lugano' report will be considered; why would IH bring the Lugano report to court as it would soon be discounted, why indeed would Rossi for the same reason. Beside, the authenticity or otherwise of the Lugano report does not form any part of the 'contract', the ERV report does. The only part it could play is in the early stages when the Judge asks for independent 'expert witnesses' but even then there will be objections on the grounds that they may not be 'independent' and may not be 'expert'.

Who could be an independent 'expert witness' then, well 'Ed Storms', might be called. Would there be any objections to him in this role? No I don't think so, Rossi will be happy with someone saying LENR is real. IH will also be happy with this as their defence will be not that it is not real, but that Rossi has not been forthcoming with his IP and support. Why would any of the participants want someone to say its 'illusory'.

But of course the Judge has the last say, the last thing he will want is for his court to sit in session for 2 or 3 years over a fairy tale.

Best regards
    Frank

• The only official test that IH/Darden has acknowledged in public is the Lugano Report. This one they cannot talk themselves out of. It has to be presented as Darden/IH has been decieved somehow on this by Rossi and/or the Lugano Team. This is the reason Darden was travelling to Sweden recently; to induce FUD in those involved ... He desperately needs to have the Swedes rolling over.

"Team" @Clarke working 24/7 with endless essays bashing the Lugano report is most probably a central part of this agenda.

With Weaver out of the spinning game (we know he's talking the book) @JedRothwell is bashing the MW test instead on Vortex. I wrote a piece about it: http://www.sifferkoll.se/siffe…-simply-lost-in-emotions/

Another interesting piece of info is that our friend MaryYugo moved to Manchester/UK in the last comment on sifferkoll, after usually posting from San Diego/US... Could be vacation of course.

• At one time, Rossi claimed that 3 more 1 MW ecat plants had been ordered by the Mystery Customer, and that delivery would be in 180 days or so.

I have not seen that Rossi has walked back that claim

IF that is true, then at least one organisation is convinced by actual demonstration that they can save considerable amounts on their energy bills (or have allowed themselves to be utterly conned). Presumably, they will not pay the full cost of the plant until installed and working to specification

If that Mystery Customer can be persuaded (or ordered by a Court) to reveal themselves and what they did/are going to do with all that steam, and testify as to savings, that would be more convincing to a jury than any amount of complex technical argument.

• In answer to dr joseph Fine "I made my work with the stethoscope mainly in SSM mode, because the plant worked mainly in SSM mode."
    Would be very easy to check if no power goes in and lots of power come's out.
    So"case closed ",all is solved. LOL.

• Strabel - you bring up what is actually a very comedic and useful point that Rossi has yet to realize.
    If he had done the proper engineering, he would have realized that hearing protection would be needed
    beside a 1MW boiler system of that size, not a stethoscope. Those pictures, along with the one of him in a jacket beside the 1MW ystem (was that heat protection?) are going to be very useful in the near future.

• Sifferkoll has deep lament over his soon to be lost investment in Rossi. No amount of spin or manipulation will bring that money back Siffer. Its gone pal.

Oh! I thought it was an ethical discussion (and some entertainment). So far I'm enjoying the trip ... :) Why don't you just go back and do your hitman tactics of hints/threats that you're used to ...

• I find it very strange that you endorse sifferkolls rants, accusations and wild speculations. Considering the strong opinion you have expressed here earlier against accusations and speculations from Thomas and other.

• I've invented another scenario

IH and Cherokee know that Rossi's thing actually does work

However, there is enough laxity and ambiguity in the ERV report to allow a prima facie case for it NOT working

Much doubt is cast on Rossi and LENR. Shady people make many unsubstantiated, vague allegations - nothing very specific for which they might be later held to account.

At some point, Cherokee et al find, surprise surprise, they need more money

So they go through a fund-raising exercise. Nothing unusual about that. Happens all the time

With all the doubt, shares go cheaply. Many crocodile tears from the Cherokees while they and their friends "reluctantly" pour money in.

Then, IH settles with Rossi, reluctantly admitting that they were wrong, and it DOES work

The value of Cherokee, IH et al shoots up - the license becomes a very valuable asset. The $89 million for Rossi, and the legal fees, are small beer

Everybody happy

• Official Post

This is the buzz I hear, but Jed have the opposite buzz, that nothing work.
    what we agree is that since long only dubious demo and test were made.
    Dubious is normal for a first version of a test, given the level of incredulity, but a serious demonstrator would hear the critics, and answer to them, to convince at least the honest skeptics.

Today only ferrara test seems correct, since the only critic (Pomp&Eriksson) is basically a conspiracy theory that is incompatible with the cross checking made by some testers (who checked plugs, tables...).

Anyway having only one family of test that is credible lead to a risk of a missed error.

A full non working E-cat would be absurd, but broken test, insufficient credibility of the testing process, insufficient performances, and absence of serious know-how/show-how transfer is nearly sure.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.