IH preventing Rossi from publishing ERV, according to Dewey Weaver

• Why should I believe Dewey Weaver? Why should I believe Rossi? Why should I believe anyone?

You should believe Dewey Weaver, because what he says best fits the facts. Especially the facts reported by Rossi. For example, Rossi says that he blocked access to the customer site. Anyone can see that the only plausible reason for doing this was to commit fraud. The other justifications proposed here are nonsense, such as the notion that the customer has IP which must be protected. An expert from I.H. could not magically steal IP by observing the equipment in operation, and the ventilation system. Dewey told you there was nothing in the customer site, and no special ventilation equipment. I knew that had to be the case when I reviewed the data. Obviously, that is why Rossi blocked the door.

The other fact that you or anyone else who has been following the story knows is that Rossi has often done sloppy experiments, even to the point where he nearly injured or killed the people from NASA. Since you know he has often done this in the past you should not be surprised to learn that he did it again.

When people use ad homs to presumably strengthen their argument I switch off,

People criticizing Rossi have not used ad hominem arguments to disprove his experimental claims. If you think they have, you misunderstand the definition of ad hominem. It is: "(of an argument or reaction) directed against a person rather than the position they are maintaining." We have not directed arguments against Rossi rather than his position; we have directed separate arguments against both Rossi and his position. Both are at fault. Rossi has committed fraud, as you see in his covering up the customer site. That is a violation of the law, and of ethics. It has had a severe impact on cold fusion. He should be criticized for this. If we were only criticizing him instead of also showing that his technical claims have no merit, then we would be making an ad hominem logical fallacy. It is not a logical fallacy or an ad hominem to point out that a person is evil, when that person is manifestly and unarguably evil.

• Jed is not a Venture Capitalist.

I am a programmer, technical writer and businessman.

He has long served the cold fusion community through his library at lenr-canr.org, and he has supported researchers at times, out of his own funds.

That is correct. One of the reasons I got to use some of these nifty photos is that the gadgets shown in the photos were purchased by me, such as the blue Seebeck calorimeter in John Dash's lab:

http://lenr-canr.org/wordpress/?page_id=187

I have not contributed to experiments in several years. Fortunately I.H. is now doing that. They have several orders of magnitude more money than I do.

• Quote from "Jed"

I am a programmer, technical writer and businessman.

And a "certified idiot" I suppose?

(since you do not realize the immense amount of $reasons$ Dewey has to lie and vomit FUD all over the place)

• (since you do not realize the immense amount of $reasons$ Dewey has to lie

My information comes from Rossi. His data, his configuration, and his refusal to allow anyone into the pretend customer site are proof that he is a fraud. If I had not read one word from Dewey Weaver I would know that.

Since you have not seen Rossi's data, you cannot contradict me. You should, however, think carefully about Rossi's refusal to let people into the customer site. Deal with that. Don't fool yourself into thinking it was to protect the customer's IP or anything like that. Such explanations are ludicrous.

• Quote from "Jed"

Don't fool yourself into thinking it was to protect the customer's IP or anything like that. Such explanations are ludicrous

Maybe you could elaborate on that? Why do you have to state it is "ludicrous"? Is that a technical term?

• Quote from "Jed"

If I had not read one word from Dewey Weaver I would know that.

Well, only a few moments ago you said

You should believe Dewey Weaver, because what he says best fits the facts.

So ... should we care about Weaver vomiting FUD or not?

• quizzical

"Planet Rossi" is quite simply a smear term, which has no place on this forum. Every time it is used, the quality, usefulness, and objectivity of this forum is further degraded.

But is this an unfortunate by product of a less than civilised communications style, or is it something else?

Best regards
    Frank

• There is no contradiction. I have the facts directly from Rossi. He data proved that his device produces no anomalous heat. I do not need Weaver, but you do. Rossi will not give you any technical details. If you wish to understand, you must read what Weaver and I say. We are the only source of technical information about him.

You do not need us to see that Rossi is a fraud. You need only look at the way he blocked the door to the customer site. There is only one plausible explanation for that. You can dance around the issue all day, and pretend it is not so, but you will never come up with any other reason.

• You do not need us to see that Rossi is a fraud. You need only look at the way he blocked the door to the customer site. There is only one plausible explanation for that. You can dance around the issue all day, and pretend it is not so, but you will never come up with any other reason.

Lets see what the court come up with.

Best regards
    Frank

• Don't fool yourself into thinking it was to protect the customer's IP or anything like that. Such explanations are ludicrous

Maybe you could elaborate on that? Why do you have to state it is "ludicrous"? Is that a technical term?

I already explained. I suggest you read what I wrote: "An expert from I.H. could not magically steal IP by observing the equipment in operation, and the ventilation system."

Suppose, for the sake of argument, there really were a customer. Suppose this customer has secret machinery that consumes process heat. The I.H. expert goes into the customer facility and looks around. He does not have x-ray vision. He cannot instantly see how this equipment works or what components it incorporates. All he can do is measure the temperatures of the equipment and see the face-plate specifications showing how much heat the equipment consumes. He can also examine the ventilation equipment, measure the temperatures there, and determine how much waste heat is being generated.

The I.H. expert measured Rossi's own equipment and found no sign of anomalous heat. That was obvious. It was obvious to me just looking at the configuration and reading a summary of the data for a few days. The only way the expert might have found evidence for heat would be to examine the hidden customer site. So, if you assume the customer had real equipment, it was in Rossi's interest to show it to the I.H. expert. The fact that he refused to show it confirmed my estimate that there was nothing in the pretend customer site but a radiator, producing at most 15 kW.

• Jed

The I.H. expert goes into the customer facility and looks around. He does not have x-ray vision. He cannot instantly see how this equipment works or what components it incorporates.

False statement

I am an engineer, and I can tell you that someone with suitable and appropriate expertise, experience and qualifications can deduce a great deal, and of course make alterations to effect the outcome without leaving evidence. I think the ERV would want to avoid that don't you?

Best regards
    Frank

• Lets see what the court come up with.

Why wait? Why do you need a court to tell you this? It is common sense. There is no other plausible explanation for Rossi blocking the door. If the customer site were real, with actual equipment consuming 1 MW of heat, Rossi would have been insane to hide it from the I.H. expert. And, as I said, the customer would have known that the I.H. expert cannot magically steal IP secrets by looking at industrial equipment.

In fact, the customer was a fraud, set up by Rossi's lawyer. The room was empty. There was nothing there. There was no steam in the pipe; only hot water. The whole setup was a crude fraud that would not fool any knowledgeable person. Like most of Rossi's previous tests, the mistakes were grotesque, and no one who understands calorimetry would believe the results. It was absurd. A joke. It was like the time Rossi refused to measure the outlet temperature, and told Lewan to measure it at the end of the hose in the parking lot, where the water dribbled out 10 minutes after leaving the reactor. Who would say that?! Who was he trying to kid?

• Why wait? Why do you need a court to tell you this?

But I have no reason to trust what you say, (just a personal view) I think you cannot back up what you say with facts and evidence, its second hand. To me is JED SAYS and conjures up exactly what some suggest when they speak of ROSSi SAYS, its just the same.

Yes I will wait for the court to tell me not you or Dewey, or anyone.

Best regards
    Frank

• How the hell could the I.H. expert do that?!? What are you talking about? In this pretend scenario, the expert goes into a factory run by JM Chemicals, Rossi's lawyer's pretend company. The lawyer told the state of Florida this is a chemical distribution warehouse, which makes you wonder why they need 1 MW of process heat. But okay, there is this equipment sitting in there, running without human intervention, because that company has no employees, magically consuming 1 MW of process heat.

The I.H. guy is an HVAC engineer expert in calorimetry. He has no special knowledge of what JM Chemicals does. He has no idea what their magical machine does. The lawyer and Rossi are watching the I.H. expert as he looks around JM Chemicals, so he has no chance to poke around inside the industrial equipment, or make alterations on it, or do anything with it at all, except measure the temperature with an IR sensor. He looks carefully at the heat exchanger which Rossi claims is in there. A heat exchanger has no secret IP. After that, the expert measures the airflow and temperature of the exhaust system.

The I.H. expert only needed to confirm there was equipment in the customer site consuming approximately 1 MW, and exhausting that as waste heat. In point of fact, there was no such equipment. I knew that just by looking at the data. I am sure the I.H. expert saw it looking at the actual instruments. That is why he insisted on seeing the site, and that is why Rossi refused to let him in.

• But I have no reason to trust what you say, (just a personal view) I think you cannot back up what you say with facts

ROSSI BACKED UP WHAT I SAY! You have this directly from him. You don't even believe Rossi?

He claimed there is a heat exchanger and equipment consuming 1 MW of process heat. And yet, he said that he blocked the door.

You need only ask yourself why he would do that, and you will see he is a fraud. If there really was such equipment and ventilation, it would instantly convince the I.H. expert. Rossi would get a check for $89 million. There would be no lawsuit.

There is no conceivable reason for Rossi to block access to this customer site if it has actual equipment consuming heat. The reasons dreamed up by people here are nonsense taken to the fifth power.

• Have you spoken to him, is that what he told you?

I know he is an expert in calorimetry. I do not know what sort of machine a chemical distribution warehouse would have that consumes 1 MW of process heat, but I am sure it would be something far removed from HVAC engineering.

You are supposedly an engineer. You should know that. You cannot glance at a machine from outside your area of expertise and instantly steal the IP from it. Of if you assert this is possible, you have just given us another example of nonsense to the fifth power.

In any case, people have now been in the facility, as Weaver said, and they found nothing. This is all an empty fantasy. There was never any equipment. It was all a lie. Anyone reading what Rossi said can easily see it was a lie.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.