New Developments at Brilliant Light Power (Video)

• I agree, but we are in the middle of an information war, which makes things very dubious and veils intents

For example, there are numerous channels on youtube who are devoted to setting up experiments to fail, in fringe domains.
    In France we have a guy called Dumas who holds workshops in which they build, and tinker with, "sonic resonance boilers" like the one Peter Davey had (don't know the earlier genealogy of this invention). It made some hum on the french internet and, lo and behold, there were a couple dudes that made half an hour videos, showing experimental setups which delivered nothing -assorted with verbal mockery, of course-

Now why would anyone go the bother of making experiments the supposed results they deny, with the stated intent to disprove them, if they're not trying to force opinion?
    Normal people don't spend their time studying flat earth, building mercury antigrav devices in their garden, or trying to channel the Galactic Ishtar Fleet, when they think it's complete bullshit. They do stuff that they believe in.
    Also, as you said, incompetence is clearly not a proof of non-existence. "Look! I tuned it, plugged it, amp is on, and yet I can't play guitar. So, neither could Jimi Hendrix, and moreover nobody can. This is all wishful thinking!"
    However, willful incompetence can pass for a lofty all-encompassing scientific knowledge, for the public. Long, pro-looking experiments filled with snide comments and, yes, filibuster-like avalanche of muddling details, will tend to have that effect.

As for Jack Cole his forum activity also gives a pretty clear image of what he's up to -consciously or not, always the same issue with groupthink: people pick up trends they are unaware of-

• Now why would anyone go the bother of making experiments the supposed results they deny, with the stated intent to disprove them, if they're not trying to force opinion?
    Normal people don't spend their time studying flat earth, building mercury antigrav devices in their garden, or trying to channel the Galactic Ishtar Fleet, when they think it's complete bullshit. They do stuff that they believe in.
    Also, as you said, incompetence is clearly not a proof of non-existence. "Look! I tuned it, plugged it, amp is on, and yet I can't play guitar. So, neither could Jimi Hendrix, and moreover nobody can. This is all wishful thinking!"
    However, willful incompetence can pass for a lofty all-encompassing scientific knowledge, for the public. Long, pro-looking experiments filled with snide comments and, yes, filibuster-like avalanche of muddling details, will tend to have that effect.

As for Jack Cole his forum activity also gives a pretty clear image of what he's up to -consciously or not, always the same issue with groupthink: people pick up trends they are unaware of-

If you would actually read the presentation or my comments here without making snap judgments and immediately flinging poo you would probably come to a different conclusion. My intention was to find a working formula for LENR. I failed to do so. Does this mean LENR doesn't exist? No it doesn't. Does it mean I'm incompetent? Maybe. That's for others to decide. Willfully incompetent--not a chance. I have supported LENR for many years with hard work, sweat, money, and most of all time. Do I demand a lot in terms of proof of claims of LENR? Absolutely. Read the presentation and you will understand why. I have been down the road of excitement and false positives time and time again. So far, there has always been an alternative explanation proven through experimentation. Experience with this type of research reveals the need for caution and objectivity, which is a difficult internal battle. You should try it, it is unpleasant. :)

Now after waiting many years, personally conducting experiments, reading and learning everything I could, and working to be objective about your leader all this time, I came to certain conclusions about him. You will find that is clear in my posts rather than a war on LENR, which you seem to imagine. Thankfully, most people who continue to support him are not like you, and just wish for a better world. I don't fault them at all, but I do fault him for taking advantage of people.

• There is an old ongoing war, not only on LENR, but on any kind of clean, cheap energy generation. It is a bit strange that you don't know about it, being the dedicated researcher you are? Surely people have told you how P&F were vilified? or let's bring Stanley Meyer again, did he choke on a fishbone when he was about to present his "water" engine to the world?
    Bonus point for trying to discredit this "conspiracy theory" by stating there's no information warfare within your presentations. I like those syllogistic arguments.

This phenomenon has been known for a century and described in a lot of experiments, so it's really either dishonest or short-sighted to say, "oh it probably exists but we need more proof (did you check my 150+ failed experiments? they all failed btw, but I believe in LENR, the problem is, it doesn't work)"
    Talk about obfuscation and FUD!

You can't make it work, all right, that's not a sin or a blemish on your life. But tell me, do you often see people posting how they fail, in whatever activity-related forum, and how it hints at the phenomenon being possibly false, or at people who say they have succeeded, being liars?

Rossi probably has the goods, and he's really not the only one. Emergence of reliably reproductible energy generation through "cold fusion" is making a lot of people fidgety.
    In your case Jack Cole I do hope for your sake you're only jealous of Rossi, Mills, Holmlid plus numerous others, and not another online shill pretending good faith.

Colour change by Alan Smith. An experiment in moderation to denote ...whatever your observer bias might see as 'wrong'.

• Quote from Jack Cole: “It is pretty weak evidence to say, "I can't say he wasn't seeing something..."”
    When I asked Claytor about this study, he made noncommittal remarks similar to what he told Marianne. He did not dismiss the work, but he did not…

Here's a link (http://www.infinite-energy.com…s/pdfs/BrillouinIE123.pdf) to an actual article in Infinite Energy, by Marianne Macy in which both Godes and Claytor are interviewed. Note that the table on p. 14 specifically indicates that the Tritium level was more than double the background level (and also more than 5 sigma larger) for the electrodes treated by Godes and tested by Claytor.

Here's a couple of select quotes by Claytor in the article:

"was just curious as to what he had. I was running the wire samples and gas at the same time but they were not as prolific in terms of tritium production as Robert’s best samples."

"I’m not interested in writing up a paper with him because I don’t know what the preparation was, what the metal is, how long he ran them. I don’t know any -
    thing about the system he used, so in my viewpoint it is not possible for someone to replicate what he did without all those other details. I basically was doing a blind analysis of unknown samples.”

• Quote from quizzical: “I detected a negative bias in your statements, especially since you again state that "probably" Brian is right. That's fine, but I didn't see any specific reason - other than your somewhat unfounded "doubts" about their ability…

Jack Cole wrote: "It is not clear to me that McKubre actually participated in the experimental runs that Godes executed. Do you know if he did or if he just was involved in part of the write-up and included as a co-author?"

Jack,
    Look, the article has 4 authors - 2 from SRI (McKubre and Tanzella) and 2 from Brillouin (Godes and George). Tanzella has given several talks on this work and subsequent work with Godes. As I understand it, the tests were conducted at SRI. I've seen photos/videos showing Godes' equipment being tested at SRI. Here are some links to some interesting and perhaps revealing videos regarding the experiments carried out at SRI in collaboration with Godes:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

P.S. Interestingly, the first half of the round-table discussion relates to the topic of this thread.

P.P.S. The person in the solid blue shirt is Robert George and with white hair in the black shirt with "white" checks is McKubre. Tanzella is the one with the mustache.

• Quizzical,

McCubre reports being involved in designing experiments for Brillouin and suggestions for doing calibration correctly. He notes that his suggestions were "pretty much" followed. Regardless of the qualification, he seemed impressed by Godes and his methods. That is a plus. Tanzella appeared more directly involved with the HHT. It is still not clear that SRI has done an independent verification like McCubre reported they have done in other cases. If Brian Ahern is correct that Godes has not measured input power at the wall, my objections stand.

I feel pretty confident about the output power measurements after seeing the vids.

Again, the evidence for Brillouin having something real is much better than the other guy. The data are lacking and concerns remain to be addressed. Time will tell.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.