Rossi: Customer’s Manufacturing Process was Endothermic

• Wyttenbach: I suggest you distinguish, as I do, between endothermic reaction and phase change?

Never ask a chemist that he has to run a reaction just with fluids. Very often powders are used, which much be dissolved = melted.
    On the other side a huge part of the reactions are fluid-fluid and end up with a solid, which frees the crystallization energy. That's chemistry not step by step physics. The energy of all steps must be properly calculated in.

From a pure physical logic You are right. But don't expect that only people with at least a bachelor in physics read such post's or that physicians decide how to run chemical reactions. The melting/ dissolving is a part of the reaction.

Thus don't talk about fields You are not educated in.

• I think if an appropriate GPT was conducted and it showed the technology worked, they would have been glad to pay 89 million. And probably give Rossi bonuses to boot! But it did not turn out that way and they were not simply going to hand over 89 million for nothing.

I'm not so sure of that. Anyone smart in the affairs of business would seek to get out of an unfavorable contract, if at all possible, as long as the upside of doing so was greater than the downside. In this case, even if the GPT was deemed successful as far as showing the technology being able to supply energy at the agreed upon COP, conditions could have been perceived by IH as worth (due to the points I mentioned, for example: tech redundant, some essential IP withheld, etc) the legal hassle of breaking the contract.

Would you pay $89 million if the situation was as I described it and all you had to do was break a contract where a case could be made relatively easily that the other party had acted in bad faith (even if you knew that that wasn't the case)?

• At the end, Rossi claims GPT is valid and that he is owed $89 million more. IH, on the other hand, is not satisfied with the level of IP disclosure from Rossi, nor with the QuarkX tech making what they agreed to pay for probably worthless. Having already benefited from the agreement with Rossi and knowing that the agreement can easily be disputed legally, decide it's in their interest to do just that.

The general idea here is sane. However, if the Quark X is a development based on E-Cat technology and not something entirely new, it would be included in the IP to be transfered and Licensed under the Agreement. So I don't think that was the issue for I> The "worthless to them" was about not being able to make devices that would pass independent test without massive application of Rossi Grease, every day for 16 hours.

This all isn't very complicated, doesn't require much from the participants other than to act like typical parties in such agreements, i.e. just looking out for their own interests. Neither side should be accused of having bad intentions. Things played out in a reasonably predictable way, given the circumstances. IH benefited, Rossi benefited (of course he would like more out of the agreement, but with the money he did get from IH he was able to further his work on the QuarkX).

If it's not clear from what I've written up until now, I do believe that Rossi does have something real.

The problem, for most of us involved with LENR, is that the main evidence for this, in spite of Rossi's continual and long-extended avoidance of actual independent testing, disappeared when Rossi v. Darden was filed. People in the field had a sense that if IH was working with Rossi, there must be something there. We had no idea of what was going on behind the scenes, except maybe for a few under non-disclosure agreements.

Steve Krivit ranted about "Rossi convicted criminal," but we knew all that, and knew that it was a possibility for a "convicted criminal" to have done some real work.

Krivit also ranted about Irving Dardik being a "quack doctor" -- quite misleading -- and we were not impressed. It meant nothing about whether or not Dardik's company, Energetic Technologies, actually was achieving excess heat results. And SRI and ENEA confirmed that they were. But, of course, Krivit also went after them (McKubre and Violante), hammer and tongs.

• -What happens in either case? Some think it will be impossible for Rossi to obtain further money for his ventures, but I am not so sure!

I have written that the lawsuit would make it very difficult for him to obtain funding from ordinary investors. Of course it was already difficult before ... but now, even investors convinced that LENR is a real possibility may avoid him. However, if he has a large coterie of believers, he may be able to suck money from that teat.

What could make this more difficult is a criminal prosecution, which is not impossible. Rossi's bluster on his blog pretends "they brought no evidence," but they did, and it's damaging. Rossi might mean "no proof," but ... evidence they brought, for sure.

The standard of evidence for a criminal conviction is much higher than civil. However, there are some elements of fraud that may be alleged that might reach the criminal standard.

Ross has hired a new attorney. I just noticed and will be uploading the file to newvortex. For now, first announcement that I know of, but I haven't checked elsewhere:

John W. Annesser, Esq., Paul D. Turner, Esq., D. Porpoise Evans, Esq., Brian Chaiken,
    Esq. of Perlman, Bajandas, Yevoli & Albright, P.L., give notice of their appearance in this action
    as counsel for the Plaintiffs, Andrea Rossi and Leonardo Corporation, and request that copies of
    all pleadings, motions, orders and other paper be served upon them.

Ah. Is Annesser no longer with the original firm, the one with the highly experienced woman lead attorney? I could guess this or that.

He is still listed with Silver Law Group, her firm. And not with Perlman, Bajandas, Yevoli, and Albright. This is a much larger firm with what looks like a stronger team.

• Official Post

Ross has hired a new attorney. I just noticed and will be uploading the file to newvortex. For now, first announcement that I know of, but I haven't checked elsewhere:

If so Abd, that will rock the LENR world. It may surprise you, but I was going to make a post speculating that Rossi's lawyer may bolt, when/if he finds he was lied to by his client. Just to cover my rear end though, I would also like to add that if you are wrong, I never said this :)

• The odd NH to FL Leonardo move may involve Annesser in the case. (Also has Johnson mixed in a bit). IH mentioned something about this move in their documents (I don't have access to those here). This may be a reason that Annesser had to step down/back. Just a guess, though.

• Paradigmnoia wrote:
    I don't have access to those here

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B5ZV0oKQafY4bHhOZHlBZFZ4MG8
    drive.google.com/open?id=0BzKtdce19-wyb1RxOTF6c2NtZkk

You can get the attorney appointment file in the second link. All relevant case files are available in one filespace, organized, on newvortex. I check PACER itself, so I generally get the files before Pacermonitor, unless I don't happen to check. I am committed at this point to maintaining organized public access to all the case files for Rossi v. Darden. I started this because I found that the other sources were scattered and not organized, with inconsistent file names, etc.

• Official Post

maybe shutdownrossi consider job is done.

Or maybe residing at the funny farm? He was as imbalanced as Lewan's accused that Clarke guy of being. :)

Seriously, he was pretty intense. Not easy for a guy like that to let it go. But you never know. On his site at the time, he also proclaimed to be a proponent of LENR, and doing his own research (physicist I think). Rossi was like competition to him. Anyways, maybe he went back in the lab to do something more productive.

as imbalanced as Lewan's accused that Clarke guy of being.

Shane, some here believe it's bad manners to keep reminding everyone that TC was famously once described as being unbalanced. I mean, Abd even quoted the whole original text in the next post! Some people...

What interests me about Wright's site is:

Did he work alone or was there really a "team" as his pronouns always implied? There was so much stuff written there. Was he just an obsessive guy with time on his hands? Could that only have been written by several people?

Was the disorganised layout and overall dodgy quality a cover for a sophisticated operation? Or just the product of a *unique* mind?

Was he paid to do it by someone? Is it correct there was some kind of paid members forum behind it all?

Has he now started working with IH?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.