Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• LENR Forum Mark U asks A.R.

some questions.

1. Mark U December 20, 2020 at 8:49 PM

Dear Andrea,

Greetings from Canada!

I have some nosy questions for you about the ongoing Ecat SKL certification, if your are able to answer:

1) Does the certification agency still possess an Ecat SKL on their own premises for testing?

2) How often do they come to visit your premises, or you theirs?

3) How often are you in communication with them via video conference or phone?

4) What are the issues most discussed?

5) Have they yet asked for particular changes in order to conform to certification standard?

6) Are you as confident as ever that the Ecat SKL will be successfully certified, probably by Spring 2021?

7) Will you continue to work with the same agency – since they are already familiar with the Ecat – as the Ecat undergoes minor changes before it is ready for mass manufacturing for industrial use?

8) Is the same agency likely to do the certification for a later domestic version?

Thank you in advance.

Yes, I’m looking for tidings of comfort and joy. :)

A blessed Christmas to you and yours,

Mark

2. Andrea Rossi December 21, 2020 at 5:26 AM

Mark U:

1- No, the test is made in our premises

2- many times

3- many times

4- safety

5- yes

6- yes

7- maybe

8- maybe

A blessed Christmas also to you and your family,

Warm Regards,

A.R.

• But you can do some research for me. Where, exactly, does IH claim the the results of the 10MW acceptance test are invalid? (Other than stopping half an hour short of 24 hours, and griping that he ONLY ran 18 -- ANY 18 - reactors.),

They had full access to the instrumentation and approved it -- Dewey Weaver made some (low-level) suggestions : why didn't he ask for a steam separator? A motor generator? A..... ?) They paid Rossi $10M (on delivery of some information).

You may be referring to the 1 year, 1MW, test in Doral. With respect to that one, IH did not claim that any specific test results were invalid. In their countersuit they said that the !MW test contractually agreed to was never carried out. The test agreed to in the contract was supposed to take place on IH property in North Carolina and within a particular time frame. Since none of those conditions were met, IH said that the agreement was breached.

To say that IH had full access to the instrumentation and approved it is wrong. IH personnel actually did design and build a compete set of reactors, piping, and instrumentation for the 1 MW test. They also prepared fuel according to Rossi's instructions and loaded reactors with it. It was a complete, ready to go, setup. But the huge majority of all of these items were never used by Rossi. Instead, he moved to Doral and then, when IH sent the 1MW plant they designed, he stripped out a lot of the instruments ... a steam trap for instance ... and then radically changed many other components, leaving a modified hybrid Rossi/IH system. All of this was done without IH approval or even notification. Once Rossi got the altered plant working, and the day after Fabio Penon (the ERV or "Engineer Responsible for Validation") had left after his first on-site inspection, Rossi further radically restructured the running plant by permanently shutting down all IH-built reactors. This meant that the entire 1-year test was carried out with a pure Rossi system. No IH-manufactured reactors, fuel, or instrumentation was ever used.

The only way that IH could figure out what changes had been made were by interviewing the electrician, Barry West, they had sent down to help Rossi or by the reports of the non-engineer financial staff who occasionally were allowed to tour the Doral facility. When IH tried to send an engineer to Doral to get a handle on the actual plant configuration, Rossi refused to allow it.

Finally, with respect to the 18 reactors you mention (this is what makes me think that you are referring to the 1-year, 1MW test in Doral): You may be thinking of the 18 water pumps that were left running 8 months into the 1-year test. These were supposed to pump all of the 36 m^3 per day of water that the plant was supposed to be vapourizing. But this reduced number is insufficient to do the job (it works out to 83.3 L/hour for each pump). The plant that IH designed, built, and approved, originally had 70 pumps which would have been plenty to move the required volume of water (each one would have only needed to pump 21.4 L/hr). But Rossi removed 56 of those pumps from operation when he shut down all the IH-built reactors (1 for each IH reactor h shut down.

• I can think of 2 actual disproofs. There may be more.

1) In the 2011 video make by Krivit, the amount of steam emanating from Rossi's ecat can be measured visually and turns out to be just under an order of magnitude less than is required by Rossi's claims. On the other hand it is right for the amount of steam that should be coming out if there was nothing but resistive heating of water going on (i.e., no excess heat)

2) The 18-pumps situation I mentioned before. There are days of operation described in the eventual report when there are too few pumps in operation to carry the volume of water that was claimed to be circulating.

• You may be referring to the 1 year, 1MW, test in Doral.

No, the 23 1/2 hour test in Italy.

1) In the 2011 video make by Krivit, the amount of steam emanating from Rossi's ecat can be measured visually and turns out to be just under an order of magnitude less than is required by Rossi's claims.

That was an observation of a demonstration, not an instrumented test. If I ever get round to tabulating the experiments I will mention that claim.

2) The 18-pumps situation I mentioned before. There are days of operation described in the eventual report when there are too few pumps in operation to carry the volume of water that was claimed to be circulating.

Again, the limited number of units I referred to were in the acceptance test, not the 1-year test. But wrt the 1 year test, the calculated power dropped in proportion to the number of units taken offline.

• But wrt the 1 year test, the calculated power dropped in proportion to the number of units taken offline.

In the 1yr test, the output sometimes dropped with units offline, but often the remaining ones just increased COP to make up for disconnected reactors. The highest COP was associated with a cascade of reactor failures and repairs, and was adjacent to a few weeks of continually consuming more electricity than was being supplied by the electrical utility.

• I have to wish a merry Christmas to all anti Rossi too 8)

Yes, about Doral run, because he ran as all, for quickly touch money promised by IH, he proposed a long duration test in a rush..

After his first release by only NIH, About this 2nd release he better drived rays by switching boron wall by lithium.

Unfortunately he didn't considered some problem appearing especially during long time.

he was trapped between his faltering reactor and money that IH promised if successful.

yes, he had to adapt ( cheat) his results to make them more presentable.

this does not call into question the veracity of his findings, so much so that IH ended up buying it after the arrangement between friends during the trial.

In addition, all Rossi's first patents are currently in US state possession, which is why he made something new with his subsequent release plasmas.

Plasma releases which take up in a different way, the Rossi effect.

Plasma patent surely gone to be the possession of another great state.

Here is a small abstract of years of speculation from this thread, once again Merry Christmas to all its detractors :love:

• Again, the limited number of units I referred to were in the acceptance test, not the 1-year test. But wrt the 1 year test, the calculated power dropped in proportion to the number of units taken offline.

In the 1 year test, the calculated power did not drop with the number of units taken offline. By late November of 2016, the plant was said to be steadily producing 1MW of power even though few reactor units survived by that point. This was actually a complaint that IH put forward as evidence of fraud in their countersuit.

• That was an observation of a demonstration, not an instrumented test.

It is a measurement taken from a video. You are looking for disproofs of Rossi's claims and this is a disproof. From the video one can measure the velocity of steam escaping from the hose and the diameter of the hose is known (the manufacturer and size are printed on the hose itself) From this one can work out the amount of steam being produced per unit time. It is just under an order of magnitude too low to match Rossi's claims.

• Well about QX SK etc finally i expect a laser hidden inside one electrode.

By this way Rossi should be able to do shock waves .

Shock waves are only in fact quick pressure variations.

We all know that all plasma behavior are strongly correlated with pressure.

Be able to drive that quickly by generation of a sandwich of walls with big density gap between each should be the answer of his process to do what he said: clusters, aggregates.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.