Rossi vs. Darden developments [CASE CLOSED]

• What are we looking at here?

WaYin0z.png

A co inventor only has to have one creative input on one claim to be required to add his/her name to the patent application. I have no idea of Dameron's input but... for an example, if he used a temperature sensor (claim 11) when Rossi did not, or used DC current when Rossi only claimed AC (claim 5) then I think they would be require to add his name to the patent app.

• This describes an ECCO model in a list of other Prominent pumps ... the "Beta" pump has the same name as "Prominent Beta", but Prominent's "Gamma" is, here, called ECCO. The spec and pictures are identical.

This implies that ECCO is a re-branded Prominent Gamma L.

The "Beta" has the name "Prominent" on the front panel, but the Gamma does not. I haven't looked through the court documents (including Penon's reports to see if the name "Prominent Gamma" is used. (I think they might be in the protocol for the Validation test.)

Edit: the validation report 214-13 http://coldfusioncommunity.net…01/0214.13_Exhibit_13.pdf specifies that 24 "Prominent Gamma, model 23 w" pumps were used for the units on the roof (Tigers/Big Frankies).

So I guess Smith can be forgiven for not finding the Italian ECCO pump manual (if it even exists), and taking the faceplate information verbatim.

Edit : ECCO page :

170411_ecco_a.jpg

• Rossi says on JONP, after the surgery he wiil be back at his "factory". Where is that location?

I do not have the exact link at the moment, my apologies. If needed, I can try to dig it up later.

But I am certain that Rossi in one or more his depositions, stated that the Doral facility is his "factory".

• So I guess Smith can be forgiven for not finding the Italian ECCO pump manual (if it even exists), and taking the faceplate information verbatim.

As I said, you should always take the faceplate information verbatim. That's my experience writing manuals. Companies hardly notice when the manual is wrong, but the faceplate and what is written on the box matters. The company gets in trouble if that is wrong. *

The faceplate photo in Smith's report says the maximum flow is 32 L/hour. This manual says it is 36.2 L/hour. That's not a big difference. It is not enough to account for the discrepancy between Penon's numbers and the pump capacity. Penon reported twice the flow, or ~64 L/hour.

Addendum: * For false advertising. The information on the box on the store shelf has to be right. On the other hand, if the box says 32 L/hour and the thing actually pumps 36.2 L/hour, maybe the company wouldn't get in trouble? I wouldn't know. That has probably never happened in the history of commerce. Nobody understates the capacity of a product, or makes it look worse than it is.

In the manual and on the box you are always allowed -- nay, encouraged -- to describe the product specifications and stats in the most favorable terms. My favorite example is from the book "How To Lie with Statistics" p. 120:

"Often the statistician must choose among methods, a subjective process, and find the one that he will use to represent the facts. In commercial practice he is about as unlikely to select an unfavorable method as a copywriter is to call his sponsor's product flimsy and cheap when he might as well say light and economical."

• for an example, if he used a temperature sensor (claim 11) when Rossi did not, or used DC current when Rossi only claimed AC (claim 5) then I think they would be require to add his name to the patent app.

Yup. The least little contribution has to be accounted for, or the patent may be ruled invalid. I once had to sign a patent because I made a trivial contribution. It was a little intimidating.

• I've been wondering about that beige box. Has there been anything ventured about it? Bob Greenyer has pointed out something interesting here: https://uploads.disquscdn.com/…3677cad3fd5d69a88cb8a.png

I'm thinking it might be some kind of chiller or a/c but I cannot find any pictures on the Internet that looks like this. I've been wondering what would Rossi need next to the customer black box. If there is no second floor heat exchanger and hot water/wet steam is being piped into the insulated customer box, Rossi would have to have a way to cool that water (unless he heated it further again and recirculated it). Just thinking out loud and not making any claims.

• This implies that ECCO is a re-branded Prominent Gamma L.

[...]

So I guess Smith can be forgiven for not finding the Italian ECCO pump manual (if it even exists), and taking the faceplate information verbatim.

So, It is your assumption that the ECCO is a re-branded Promiment Gamma L (or GALa) - This may be the case, but may be not.

The ECCO pump may have different components included than the Gamma L (e.g. a backpressure valve, which ensures accurate dosing even in vacuum). You can't rule out that, can you? After all, they are named differently.

So, do you have a spec-sheet from the ECCO pump saying that it may provide several times more flow than printed on the nameplate?

(Now I'm becoming IHFanboy'ish, dont I ?) ;)

• Rossi would have to have a way to cool that water

I have not seen anyone reference the function of this box. However, there are over 200 documents and I could have missed something.

I can state this however. Rossi clearly stated in his deposition and hired Prof. Wong to "validate", that the 1MW of heat was dissipated in the second floor room by the previously unknown heat exchanger and blowing the heat (thus cooling the water) out the window. This deposition was performed under oath.

So if Rossi stated under oath that there was no other heat dissipation, (such as pipes through the roof, etc. ), I cannot imagine why he would not have included in his testimony, of any refrigerated cooler. (Note, that even if this the case, the heat would still have been vented into the warehouse space from the tan box. Heat MUST go somewhere, it does not simply vanish.) So I would therefore doubt that the box would be of anything related to heat dissipation or Rossi would have included it.

I personally have not read anything describing it, but again, could have missed it.

That said.... who knows! :) Rossi seems to be a strange person. Perhaps it is some secret device that he wants to keep under wraps and is afraid someone will steal the IP for it? ;)

• I've been wondering about that beige box. Has there been anything ventured about it? Bob Greenyer has pointed out something interesting here: https://uploads.disquscdn.com/…3677cad3fd5d69a88cb8a.png

I'm thinking it might be some kind of chiller or a/c but I cannot find any pictures on the Internet that looks like this.

I'm sure that beige box doesn't look like a chiller at all.

If you really like to make a wild guess, than why shouldn't it be an electrical heater: Cable connection coming from the conduits above, pipe-loop from the JMP box... gives a bit extra heat to the fluid from the 1MW plant when needed :)

• Thanks Bob for the reply. I have not seen any reference to it either but could have easily have missed it.

Clearly Rossi is trying to deal with the issue that if he indeed generated 1MW/h of heat 24/7 and there is no customer application (which he now admits) then where did the heat go. He ruse on top of his previous customer ruse was the second story heat exchanger.

But as most people here believe, Rossi did not generate 1MW/h heat. He generated much less but it appears that it was piped into the "customer black box" which was insulated (maybe just the door?). That heat had to go somewhere I would think if it went from 103°C back down to 68°C or so. It's not that much heat if there is only hot water and little or no steam. I don't think the temperature measurements have ever been questioned.

The beige box looks disassembled/deattached to me in that there is nothing going in or out to it. I've tried to identify it by searching for devices that Rossi might be using to cool/heat his hot water/wet steam. Somewhere I'm sure there is a picture identifying that beige box (it's pretty distinctive) but so far I haven't found it. Identifying it might further clarify what was actually happening in the warehouse.

• From page 5 and 6 here it doesn't seem it's a rebranded Gamma L model:

http://share.prominent.com/Pro…ttamento-Acque-Reflue.pdf

That, and the original document you found http://share.prominent.com/App…/pdf/complete.pdf#page=59 are both Italian documents by ProMinent Italy. The "swimming" pool version is dated 2017.

Your 2012 lists BOTH the "ECCO RP" and Gamma L :

Dosing Pumps ECCO RP magnetic membrane

The ECCO pump has been developed to perform assays in multiple applications

different. It can work in manual or proportionally via remote signals

(Impulsive with multiplication / division or mA). Available with headboard anti defusing,

alarm relay and repeater pulse. It can be equipped with flowcontrol.

Flow range: 0.74 to 32 l / h, 16-2 bar

Magnetic membrane dosing pump gamma / L

The gamma / L offers the latest technology for the most stringent requirements. Could be

used as a single solution or, through the BUS interface, in plants complexes.

? Flow range: 0.74 to 32 l / h, 16-2 bar

Equipped with a calibration function, and selectable ppm timer.

The front of the ECCO has a different color scheme ... from this it looks to me as if the Gamma L has a bit more automation (BUS interface).

• No, it is part of mountain of proof that Rossi lied. It is one of dozens of data points. The pretend data and sequences such as 36,000, 18,000, 36,000 also prove he lied. You have not disproved a single one of these things. You have not even addressed the math that shows the heat exchanger would not work even if it were real.

Jed your phrasing is irrational. On my opinion you lack of logic. If anybody is lying he would construct a perfect data set ! How can you say that the data reported are the proof that Rossi is lying ? You were not there, you have not seen anything directly, you are not even a real expert of the field, nor a Court Expert. Still you make affirmation about "mountains of proof" (where ?) and "dozens of data".

In my opinion yours are just empty speculation with no meaning. The real fact from the court documents is your link with IH.

You are very far to be an independent voice over the parts, probably each paragraph, line and word that you write comes just from IH in order to sustain it's enormous PR campaign.

• I've been wondering about that beige box. Has there been anything ventured about it? Bob Greenyer has pointed out something interesting here

Interesting ? What ? some spots in a coarse grained photography ? Be careful not to make too many deductions from incomplete and confused data,

Nobody here is Sherlock Holmes !

There us even the risk is that other people take wrong deductions as fact and build other wrong deductions on that.

• A co inventor only has to have one creative input on one claim to be required to add his/her name to the patent application. I have no idea of Dameron's input

Probably the only Dameron contribution was his own name. Have you ever noted how large parts of the patent text (and even pictures) seems copied from the Lugano and Ferrara reports ?

• I'm sure that beige box doesn't look like a chiller at all.

If you really like to make a wild guess, than why shouldn't it be an electrical heater: Cable connection coming from the conduits above, pipe-loop from the JMP box... gives a bit extra heat to the fluid from the 1MW plant when needed :)

Forty Two,

I designed/built portable chillers for years.

Air cooled chiller has to reject, (thru condenser), all heat input locally into the space.

If the condenser is water cooled, there Must

Be a source of water to cool the condenser, cooling tower, city water etc.

BUT, if you have a cooling tower or city water available, you don't really need a portable chiller now do you?

So, no, the beige box is NOT a portable chiller of any kind.

• Jed your phrasing is irrational. On my opinion you lack of logic. If anybody is lying he would construct a perfect data set ! How can you say that the data reported are the proof that Rossi is lying ? You were not there, you have not seen anything directly, you are not even a real expert of the field, nor a Court Expert. Still you make affirmation about "mountains of proof" (where ?) and "dozens of data".

In my opinion yours are just empty speculation with no meaning. The real fact from the court documents is your link with IH.

You are very far to be an independent voice over the parts, probably each paragraph, line and word that you write comes just from IH in order to sustain it's enormous PR campaign.

I almost agree with you, there is not "mountain of Proof" but then realize it is Rossi that must supply that in this country since people here are innocent until proven guilty and it Rossi that attacked and brought suit against IH not the other way around. I don't see any PR campaign by IH. They actually have said very little publically other than a press release that says don't believe others on behalf of IH. It is Rossi that has the massive PR campaign with his blogs and ECW with its one sided posting refusing to accept any other point of view other than Rossi says.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.