Cavitation Energy Systems

• Thanks Lou

Nice find..amidst the tutoring

Standard math only accounts for 5keV

Maths of chaotic systems may be needed to account for fusion

but it looks tricky

"

Simulating and analysing this will probably be an absolute nightmare,

but it is possible that this creates the conditions for a fusion front to travel through the water charge "

• Interesting. Nothing more about LENR or energy production? After all the years they claimed they were able to do it in such large amounts that an accident had exposed them to massive doses of radiation and caused radiation sickness and other health issues?

• I haven't the time to do an analysis, but if anyone can contrast the technology of Oxford spinoff, First Light Fusion, versus that of Cavitation Energy Systems, I would like to read it.

For anyone interested, a few links are --

First Light Fusion Ltd - Oxford Sciences Innovation Invests

http://www.ipgroupplc.com/medi…olio-news/2017/2017-11-17

Nuclear Fusion Has a Humble Alternative and It Involves Bubbles

https://tech.economictimes.ind…ve-is-sonofusion/46093414

AN Odd Hypothesis About Bubble Could Finally Lead to Nuclear Fusion

https://gizmodo.com/an-odd-hyp…ally-lead-to-n-1681767423

- and a number of patent applications. some under their former name Isis Innovation Ltd.

• It is a catch22 situation:

- private labs don't care about underlying science and continue research but usually process is slow due to lack of understanding.

- science wouldn't even touch the results due to the same luck of understanding. Every time the process involves at least charge, magnetic field or temperature there is always a risk to get yourself into an awkward situation of not being able to explain experimental results.

• A hard-boiled egg that's reheated in the microwave could explode when you bite into it or prick it with your fork, and a new study shows that this may happen up to a third of the time. But from perspective of entropic time arrow the local time waits inside such an eggs, thus becoming relative. In my theory of overunity, this is just the moment, where the negentropic phenomena may apply. For example vacuum fluctuations can force the egg to overcome activation barrier and to burst spontaneously. The energy of vacuum fluctuations exerted into it will remain added value of the whole process, once we fully recycle the energy of egg burst in another heating cycle.

The cooking of eggs in microwave oven is apparently rather impractical way of vacuum energy utilization. But for example the utilization of hidden boil during cavitation can be considered a conceptually very similar process and it runs repeatedly many times. The bubble formation isn't fully spontaneous, because of activation barrier of surface tension required for nucleation of bubble. This is just the moment where the vacuum energy can assist the external energy. Once the bubble gets finally formed, the pressure will be released so that the bubble will collapse again and the external energy introduced into bubble formation can get recycled. The energy introduced by vacuum fluctuations into bubble formation will represent the pure yield of the cavitation cycle. The cavitation heaters gain interest because of their claimed overunity.

This animation illustrates the above phenomenon by so-called stochastic resonance. Stochastic resonance (SR) is a phenomenon where a signal that is normally too weak to be detected by a sensor, can be boosted by adding white noise to the signal, which contains a wide spectrum of frequencies. An overdamped particle in a periodically oscillating double-well potential is subjected to Gaussian white noise, which induces transitions between the potential wells. We again have cyclic process which has activation barrier assisted by random noise. Further, the added white noise can be filtered out of signal to effectively detect the original, previously undetectable signal. This phenomenon extends to many other systems - whether electromagnetic, physical or biological - and is an area of intense research.

OH6CvH0.gif

• Cavitation is an extremely useful phenomenon for producing high concentrations of energy. (High temperatures and high pressures)

We constructed this electromagnet to study the behavior of cavitation bubbles in the presence of a magnetic field.

I thought we could create a new fluid containing many plasmoids.

• The idea was that this ring of current would oppose the collapse of the bubble, and that it would be possible to turn each cavitation bubble into a stable little plasmoid: a ring of current surrounded by its field magnetic.

I thought that the emission of light by the cavitation bubbles would be increased, and that with a little luck, the emission of radiation (X, gammas and neutrons) would also be increased in the presence of magnetic field. (Because of the fusion of the deuterium contained in the tap water)

A deuterium atom on 6000 protium atoms, all the same, equals billions of atoms in the cavitation zone.

• Unlike "Zephir", I do not think this research is totally useless.

I will give you two examples:

If we manage to generate small stable plasmoids in a deuterated liquid by cavitation under a magnetic field we obtain a liquid that contains some kind of small "tokamaks freestanding", whose life is low, but still very large compared at the speeds of nuclear reactions.

Typically, I suggested that we can expect a life of about a tenth of a second.

If this liquid is compressed, for example by means of a shock wave, it is probable that the plasmoids will compress more than the liquid, and that the temperature, the electric current and the magnetic field will increase.

It is not impossible that we approach the criterion of Lawson.

My results are not spectacular: not much neutron or gammas with tap water and 100 bars of pressure. Little light and no more light under magnetic field.

Do not be discouraged, they are inexpensive experiments and I suggest that they be replicated and improved in better equipped laboratories.

I suggest using high pressure pumps to cut steel by water jet (more than 1000 bars) Our Russian friends have shown that fission products and neutrons appeared if uranium nitrate was added in water and that the fluid is cavited through an orifice in a sapphire.

Picture: cavitation bubbles in the optical cavity between the poles of the magnet.

• I also suggest improving the system by removing water vapor in the bubbles. Indeed, when the bubble collapses, (1) there is steam inside, and when the bubble collapses, there comes a moment when the steam becomes supercritical, (2) and when the density of this fluid supercritical reaches the density of water, the collapse of the bubble stops (3) and the fluid bounces (as in a supernova).

In addition, even before the rebound, the fluid is heated to white, and it radiates light (UV, visible and infrared), which pumps energy out of the system, and this brakes the wall in implosion.

The maximum speed is therefore limited, and therefore the induced current is limited too.

• http://physicsfromtheedge.blog…clear-reactions-qi-1.html

Low Energy Nuclear Reactions & QI: 1

Fusion is a process by which two atoms of hydrogen (a proton, possibly with neutrons attached, with an orbiting electron) fuse to form an atom of Helium (two protons, perhaps with neutrons, and orbiting electrons). Since the two atoms to be fused are positively-charged they repel each other, and to get them to fuse they have to be at a very high temperature. A 100 million degrees Kelvin or so is needed to give them enough kinetic energy to collide. The sun's centre is hot enough, and it is a huge fusion reaction turning hydrogen into helium, and only avoids exploding and destroying the Solar system because of its own self-gravity, which holds it in.

Fusion releases a lot of energy, so for 70 years people have been trying to make it happen on Earth, in close confinement. So far 25 billion dollars have been spent on this (Storms, 2012) and the focus has been on huge machines that use magnetic fields to confine plasma: magnetic versions of the Sun (The so-called ITER project). Imagine the surprise then, when in 1989 Martin Fleischmann (then one of the world's experts in electro-chemistry) and Stanley Pons, claimed they had produced fusion in a little test tube! Their experiment is shown below.

LENRcell2.jpg
    They put an electrolyte containing heavy water in a test tube (heavy water is just like water H2O, but the hydrogen H is replaced by deuterium D, which has an extra neutron, so D2O). They put two electrodes in, the cathode (negative charge) made of palladium and the anode (positive) of platinum, and passed a current between them (electrolysis). The D2O separated into oxygen, which being negative headed for the anode and bubbled off, and deuterium which, being positive, packed itself into the palladium cathode, since palladium has this odd property of soaking up deuterium like a sponge. Several scientists over the past 50 years had predicted that the deuterium could fuse in palladium being in such a packed state. Apparently it did, releasing a lot of heat, see the orange-red 'star'. The announcement of that thrilled the world with the possibility of having such a FusionCell in every home. Virtually limitless cheap energy.

But revolutions are never pretty and this was the usual hysterical mess, because very soon it was noticed that if the deuterium was actually fusing, it should be emitting neutrons and gamma rays and whatever was happening wasn't doing that. A bonus for safety, but because the observations did not fit standard theory, cold fusion was classified as fringe. A few brave souls continued to investigate, and instead of cold fusion, they now call the field LENR (Low Energy Nuclear Reactions). So far there have been about 200 independent replications of the excess heating effect so something odd and potentially very useful, is certainly happening, but why?

I was persuaded to look at LENR recently by twitterer B.McIntyre who pointed out that my 2017 paper on the proton radius anomaly might have implications for LENR. His tweet exploded in my head during a tutorial the following day. A few days later I calculated the size of the effect on the train to St Andrews and it was too small, but then on the train back from St Andrews I read Ed Storms' summary (see below) and found out that LENR happens whenever there are tiny cracks in the palladium. See the gray mottled pattern on the palladium in the schematic - cracks in the palladium where the fusion happens. I have applied QI to confined cavities/horizons before (the early cosmos, emdrives, sonoluminescence..) and it changes the physics in intriguing ways..

• Have you thought about passing an AC electrical current through the water? Just a wild idea - an AC current at the same frequency as that supplied to the magnets perhaps? Or, if this looks interesting, a variable frequency AC current that could be tuned to resonate with the B-field from your electromagnets might also show something. The presence of a current should certainly increase the response of the water to the magnetic field, generally by creating an ionic current orthgonal to it.

• I need to ask... why cant you use water in a tube and use { a little bit} of mercury to pump/ move everything at the same time if your using a electromagnet type field over the tube?

edit in

I would think the faster moving mercury would open the water bubbles and transfer the electrons to the mercury and then to a transfer casing.?

no go?

• As with Rossi we have three choices for Cavitation Energy Systems: stupid, crazy or fraudulent.

Which it is does not really matter, it is obvious that the concept is completely worthless.

It is interesting to note though, that it is a faithful copy of Rossi's basic E-Cat scam modus operandi:

Pump some water, heat it with electricity (2 x 500W) to the boiling point and produce steam from a small fraction of the water and pretend that all the water is vaporized.

This is exactly what they do in this video, here is where they present the Rossi style COP calculation:

The COP turns out to be 5.25, just the way Rossi likes it!

• fabrice DAVID do you have any preferences as for the theory behind the experiment? It does not have to be perfect but should at least support the direction taken.

I see few ongoing experiment teams are trying to lump all possible effects together hoping to increase impact. Recent one I Bob G who now thinks of sending plasma discharge into already well stimulated microwave plasma. He is not alone there.

• @ Alan,

Ref: http://www.cavitationenergysys…ation%20engine-patent.pdf

From the PROVISIONAL PATENT APPLICATION:

[0003] The disclosure advantageously provides a cavitation engine configured to produce superheated steam. The cavitation engine includes a pre-heated impact chamber configured to receive injected fluid, such as hyperbaric water, injected at supersonic velocities and in a manner to maximize the formation of bubbles in the injected fluid. The impact chamber is configured to interact with the injected fluid to promote cavitation of the injected fluid and generate very high pressure.

[0020] ... The pressure and orifice determine the degree of cavitation in the injection stream. ... so that the water hammer pressure crushes the bubbles and releases the energy associated with the bubble collapse.

[0021] ... The velocity of the water directly affects the shock wave at the impact surface and the resulting water hammer pressure within the droplet containing the vapor nano bubbles.

From this description it is evident that the authors do not have the slightest insight into the mechanics of cavitation. A cavitation bubble can be created when a fluid is subjected to negative pressure like behind a rotating propeller blade. The fluid is "torn apart" and the created bubble is filled with vapor from the fluid. If the negative pressure comes in the form of a short pulse the force that opens up the bubble will disappear quickly and the pressure from the surrounding fluid in combination with condensation of the vapor inside the bubble will cause the bubble to shrink rapidly. In this way the incoming water acquires a certain kinetic energy. If the bubble has a nice spherical shape both pressure and temperature at the end of this process can become considerable and it has been proposed that even nuclear fusion could be achieved, see "bubble fusion", "sonofusion". So far it has not been possible to demonstrate that cavitation can produce nuclear reactions.

The "vapor nano bubbles" mentioned in paragraph 0021 are not surrounded by a spherically symmetric surrounding water pressure and therefore cannot collapse to produce an implosion. Instead the droplets with the supposed nano bubbles will just crash into the chamber wall turning into splatter and, the wall being electrically heated, maybe into some steam.

Besides, being of "nano" dimensions, had they been able to collapse properly they would only have acquired nano amounts of kinetic energy. Low Energy No Reactions.