ASTOUNDED - Atypical Spheromak Triggering Of Unambiguous Nuclear Derived Energy Discharges (Rossi's Mirror Effect Reactor and more!)

• I just came across the following abandoned patent application title.

62/124,114 December 9, 2014 Theory regarding reaction between nickel, lithium, hydrogen weak interaction energy and in a mirror effect reactor

I'm fairly certain this mirror effect reactor is the Quark!

Basically, the mirror effect takes place when two or more magnets (permanant or electric) create a a trap for charged particles by having a region of higher field intensity on either side. The ions remain caught in the middle.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnetic_mirror

In the Quark, I expect that one or more spheromaks (EVOs) get caught in the center of the quartz discharge tube due to the magnetic mirror effect. When the Quark is pulsed, more EVOs and ions hurl towards the trapped spheromak and induce nuclear reactions. This allows for Li + H fusion to happen in the center, away from the electrodes.

My guess is that there are pernanant magnets in the setup to create the mirror effect.

Does anyone have the picture of the naked Quark that was leaked? I'm wondering where the magnets could be located. The nickel electrodes are so large, I expect they could be backed with permanant magnets.

Also, importantly, the magnetic field would add helicity that would aid in the formation and maintenance of the spheromaks!

• Found it.

https://www.lenr-forum.com/attachment/2493-snap33-jpg/

Look at the size of the electrodes! They are simply gigantic. I am seriously thinking that a large portion of that rod could be a permanant magnet. If I remember correctly, nickel is a common coating materia for permanant magnets. Maybe they could be extra thickly coated samarium cobalt magnets? Or perhaps we simply cannot see the seam between permanant magnet and nickel rod (which is ferromagnetic).

• Director,

Those are not electrodes. They are the plungers as in "plunger clamps".

And the hose clamps are not clandestine room temperature superconductors running 1000 amps each.

They are just hose clamps sitting there on little pieces of garden hose.

Moreover, you are FLAT OUT WRONG about most everything you say.

• Alan,

The large print is just payback on the same wording but in even larger print:

ASTOUNDED - Atypical Spheromak Triggering Of Unambiguous Nuclear Derived Energy Discharges (Rossi's Mirror Effect Reactor and more!)

Not only was the print larger, it was underlined and it was a header. So I still owe him some, but I will be generous and write that off. :saint:

Come to think of it, I am absolutely sure that the angelic halos are solitons. Don't you agree, Director?

• Once again, you intentionally present a false response to provoke me. That's fine, because it allows me to make my point a second time!

Look within the glass (probably quartz) tube and you will see one of two cylindrical dark gray electrodes with a slightly rounded face. That is what I'm talking about - not some clamp.

These look to be maybe a half an inch in diameter and at least two to three times as long, although the remainder of the quartz tube is surrounded in some form of black material.

My guess is that the electrodes (not the clamps you talk about) are in and of themselves nickel covered magnets. Or they are nickel rods backed by magnets. The magnetic field would add helicty to aid in the formation of spheromaks and then the spheronaks would get trapped between the two electrodes.

When the reactor is pulsed again, spheromaks emitted perhaps by nano-diamonds in the nickel would hit the spheromak (s) trapped in the center and undergo fusion.

I suspect most of the heat is kept away from the electrodes.

So yet again, your wrong. I'm sometimes wrong too - I admit it. But in this case you knew what I was talking about and are simply trying provoke me - like you have been doing again and again. All I can say is as long as the moderator staff let you get by with it, I'll keep responding to make my point again.

• Official Post

The large print is just payback on the same wording but in even larger print:

This place is not about payback, it is about informed discussion - hopefully. Short sarcastic posts are sometimes funny, sometimes not, but if that is all you have to offer maybe you should refrain until you have done a little more background reading.

• The reactor tube was filled with hydrogen and a high constant pulsating voltage of 15 kV 0.8 mA was applied to the electrodes

@Director : 15kV is not really LENR... Using tungsten already killed many experimenters and is not recommend without shielding as tungsten may deliver any kind of gamma's. Cu,Ni are the much better choice, as they don't produce high deltas. Certainly you will see LENR like reactions everywhere, but we are interested in a COP > 5 only...

• There are many processes, some utilizing high voltage, which could be considered LENR. Actually, I suspect that extremely high voltages are produced when a highly embrittled nickel or palladium surface is fractured.

• If they used spark plugs, I don't think they would have been ordinary spark plugs like the one depicted in the diagram below.

Spark Plugs Diagram Fire Plug Diagram ~ Elsavadorla

I doubt the spark plugs in Rossi's early systems, if he used spark plugs, were utilizing a conventional design. My guess is they were some sort of custom configuration. But a powerful spark discharge and the powerful EVO strike on the anode could be an ideal method of stimulating reactions in nearby hydrogenated metals. I think Rossi went beyond this, though, when he started using radio frequency generators (like he did in the one megawatt plant) and later developed the first Quark reactors (which I think may have been utilized in the "mouse" and "cat" configurations), and then eventually the E-Cat X.

• I wish Mats Lewan could tell us if he knows what type of device those two black wires were leading into.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I know that the first blue container used reactors with radio frequency generators that would cut on -- most likely to produce a plasma -- after a certain temperature of approximately 450C had been achieved. The reactors were then capable of self sustaining (not really so because the RFGs required a minimum of power to operate) and the resistors were cut off. The COP was then said to be off the chart.

I'm leaning towards these VERY early reactors utilizing some form of spark gap or arc discharge. Then I think he moved on to RFGs by the time of the first one megawatt demonstration. After that, I think he moved onto the "mouse" and "cat" configuration that may have have utilized a "mouse" that produced "strange radiation" that stimulated reactions in the overall "cat." This strange radiation could probably travel through certain barriers until encountering embrittled metals where fracto-emission would be produced.

• Interesting magicsound! Would you like to tell us more about this spark plug and how you were planning to use it?

I think for such a discharge copper would be an interesting metal to use, because Nikola Tesla discovered that copper electrodes could produce dartlets that could fly out. I suspect they were EVOs. He was hit by one an almost killed. However, when he switched to aluminum electrodes the problem went away.

• Neat Pradigmonia!

I don't read Italian, though. Can you tell us where a spark plug, radio frequency, or other stimulation source fits into that drawing?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.