LENR vs Solar/Wind, and emerging Green Technologies.

• I have a Nissan (ICE) Altima. In 20,000 miles, average MPG is 43.5. Mostly city driving. Time the lights, slow acceleration, speed limit, and draft on trucks when I can. You know you are doing it right when other drivers give you the middle finger hello.

Yeah, the feeling when you just stop using the accelerator and roll towards a distant light and people speed around you to do hard breaks at the light and you time it so that you in principle end up ahead is priceless. I loved dancing when I was younger and getting timing rights feels very much like when you time the moves on the dance floor in sync with the music.

• Nope. Recycling technology is improving rapidly.

real world ....

What are 3 issues with recycling?

Challenges in Recycling

• Poor Recycling Quality Due to Lack of Education. Most people know that recycling is a good habit for the environment, but are often unsure of what goes into the recycling bin. ...
    • Safety for Workers. ...
    • Expensive or Inadequate Services. ...
    • Low Market Demand for Recycled Materials. ...
    • Is Recycling Worth it?

Feb 4, 2022

just another way to set up a money grab .. just dump it after the gov pays,

same old,

• And for the point, I have worked next to a number of recycling plants in my life, scrubber going down, storing ect.

sunshine and flowers .or fumes from the mix released into the air ..

and then add cleaner air tax. on and on.. like we have today.

• real world ....

What are 3 issues with recycling?

Challenges in Recycling

Poor Recycling Quality Due to Lack of Education. Most people know that recycling is a good habit for the environment, but are often unsure of what goes into the recycling bin. ...

That has nothing to do with recycling automobile traction batteries. All automobiles are carefully recycled. All copper, steel, rubber and other materials are separated out. A guy I met who does this for a living told me they even carefully drain the fuel tanks and reuse the gasoline.

Automotive lead-acid battery recycling recovers nearly 100% of the materials.

• And for the point, I have worked next to a number of recycling plants in my life, scrubber going down, storing ect.

sunshine and flowers .or fumes from the mix released into the air ..

When was that? Industrial standards have been tightened up. There is much less pollution from factories than there used to be. Factories that once emitted tons of pollution now produce bucketfuls, as one 3M engineer put it.

Progress is real. Things actually do improve. You complain about this and that, and you talk about recycling bins which are not relevant to automotive recycling. It is almost as if you are looking for something to complain about, and not finding anything, you make up imaginary problems, or problems that went away decades ago.

• Shane, sometimes we're forced to be wasteful. I live 3 miles beyond the natural gas service, so I burn wood. I'm getting too old to be cutting trees down. What we need is a national program to provide natural gas to the rural areas. Industry says they need 8 potential customers per mile. A national program could cut that down to 2. On my road I count 8 in that first mile. Come up here and I'll show you. August is a good month. Lot cooler than Florida.😎

Seatrout

Take your pointless ramblings elsewhere or learn to write clearly and succinctly.

• Seatrout

You complained about being banned from web sites. One can see why. You are just on an ego trip with nothing to contribute. Makes you feel important to see your comments on the site, but there's no 'there' there. What you are doing is just chemistry. No lenr.

Did they ever let the glass tube fractal in the recreations ?

What the hell does this mean? Still can't do English?

• You go around him, okay, it's bad for him to implement something, so hold on...

Нефть - это кровь планеты, надо сделать модель планеты и мы получим генератор Тарасенко, эта энергия покорит вселенную! :lenr:

• When was that? Industrial standards have been tightened up. There is much less pollution from factories than there used to be. Factories that once emitted tons of pollution now produce bucketfuls, as one 3M engineer put it.

Progress is real. Things actually do improve. You complain about this and that, and you talk about recycling bins which are not relevant to automotive recycling. It is almost as if you are looking for something to complain about, and not finding anything, you make up imaginary problems, or problems that went away decades ago.

Unfortunately Not everyone agrees. And for good reasons.

TAKING OUT THE TRASH: WHAT WE GET WRONG ABOUT RECYCLING

HOW A WANDERING TRASH BARGE CONVINCED AMERICANS TO RECYCLE

The Surprising Truth About Recycling
    In the 1980s, Americans were told that recycling would solve their waste management woes — reducing trash in landfills and facilitating the reuse of plastics.…
    www.kiteandkeymedia.com

America. It’s one of the most beautiful countries on Earth. And, to their credit, Americans want to keep it that way.

Now, we haven’t always been the best stewards of the land. But in the second half of the twentieth century, we started to get a lot better about protecting the environment and cleaning up our waste.

A great moment in American history.

Well … kinda.

I mean, our heart was in the right place. But it turns out … we got a lot of things wrong.

Like, a shocking amount of things wrong.

[OPENING SEQUENCE]

Look, America, let’s be honest with ourselves: For a lot of our history … we were kind of gross.

Our cities were filthy.

We turned parts of the Midwest into a Dust Bowl.

We set a river on fire — multiple times. Seriously, do you know how hard that is to do? i

• Shane, sometimes we're forced to be wasteful. I live 3 miles beyond the natural gas service, so I burn wood.

My sister had a house in rural Virginia with no natural gas service. She had a pottery kiln. The gas company installed a large propane tank. You see many smaller tanks in rural Japan.

Do they have that option for you?

• Jed:

Propane is more expensive and more trouble than natural gas. How many places in Japan get 225 inches of snow? I'm surprised the environmentalists haven't jumped on this rural gasification idea. They really don't like the burning of wood, particularly outside furnaces. Of course when you live in the north woods....

• Agreed. But most gas companies in Japan (outside big cities) run a propane (or possibly butane) delivery service, since many rural spots have no natural gas grid. And of course, Japan does not have onshore natural gas of its own. It's all imported.

Yes, and propane is a normal byproduct of oil refining that is already being done, and has a much higher BTU per kg than compressed natural gas. Liquid propane fuel pressures are lower by half than compressed natural gas so the CNG storage containers are much heavier and stronger for CNG. So if fuel needs to be imported then propane is an excellent solution.

If uncompressed natural gas is readily available (neighborhood level infrastructure) then it is usually more cost effective than propane even if less heat per kg is available because it is not shipped and pumped to the customer. It is more complex than that, because natural gas supply tankers might come much nearer than propane tankers supply, so even shipped natural gas at the consumer end can be cheaper per BTUkg etc.

[sorry for mixing SI and imperial ]

• Around here the propane providers are separate companies. I don't know why you people are hung up on propane when natural gas wins hands down in cost. Pipelines are more efficient in delivering the product than rail ever will be. Wait! We don't have rail service here anymore. Trucks?

• The only advantage I could see for propane would be in the aftermath of an EMP attack or a CME, but that's likely to be short lived. Even so, what would keep the natural gas flowing under those conditions? Those two power plants I mentioned could install storage tanks and ship in by ship liquified natural gas. Access to Lake Superior is nearby. But do they?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.