The birth of a new reactor

• Hello community!

We would like to inform you of a new effort by a few enthusiastic researchers to find more truth behind the LENR mystery!

We (Alan Smith, Jürg Wyttenbach and myself – Gerold Schneider) started working together in October 2019 with the idea to continue with some of the experiments done at what is now called the NetZeroChem lab by Russ George and Alan Smith with the support of Jürg Wyttenbach.

Initially I was contacted by Jürg for support in the design and manufacturing of a newly, better suited reactor for the planned experiments. The reason for this contact has been our experience with a previous project for LENR cars SA.

Austrian vocational school gives technical support to LENR Cars SA / Switzerland

As you can imagine, CORONA and the lockdowns make it difficult to carry out such experiments and collaboration, but we managed to build the “core device” according to the specifications of Alan and Jürg and shipped it to the UK in early July 2020.

Alan is currently assembling all the components for initial testing at his lab.

Next steps will be communicated, when we feel ready to do so!

If there is concrete interest for collaboration and (hands – on) support contact

Alan Smith.<[email protected]>.

Subject heading 'Fusion Futures'.

Attached are two impressions of the device.

1. preliminary manufacturing step / quality inspection of the welded seams with pink penetration color

2. device ready for shipment to UK with rough size estimate

• Very good and interesting initiative! Some earlier hints are cleared up by this ;)

I have lots of questions on this of course, but I will restrict myself in firing too much of them in this post.

A few for now:

- How does Russ George fit in? Is he allowing you to use the basic findings of his developments?

- Will this be an open source project?
    - Can you explain the basics of this reactor?

Stay safe with this project!

• Russ is seeking funding to work independently - whether on the ocean stuff or LENR. As for 'being allowed', that doesn't come into it, there is no NDA between us. It won't be an 'open source' project entirely, unless you want to fund it and make it so. Commercial interests (which include keeping the lights on and paying staff) will sadly always prevail to a certain extent. However we will be as open as we can I'm sure. TBH, that is a topic we have never really discussed, the people involved trust my judgement on these matters.

• Sorry- forgot the design bit. gerold.s supervised the basic construction and provided some new vacuum equipment. The reactor itself is mostly of standard type, with copper-sealed flanges. The water-cooled ends are unusual, but might offer some scope for relative thermometry, if not calorimetry. I am currently machining the flange covers, which is more difficult than it might seem. There are lots of things to fit inside - heater, several thermocouples and so on, and also there is to be a Macor ceramic window in one end (facing the camera) to allow the gamma spec a clear view of the fuel inside. To the left of the reactor is the mass spectrometer which is used for gas analysis - helium detection and so on. I am working on devising a capillary gas-feed for that so that you can dribble gases in slowly from the reactor. All of this is a high-vacuum environment, which is way trickier than it sounds, because at times we are looking at vacuum levels which approach that of interplanetary space, though not intergalactic space. We have run at 10-8 Mb on our old reactor, this one might just make it to 10-9.

• I have to add even an SS316 will leak above 700°.

In fact , this is the cheaper steel which leaks the least because austenitic releases are especially involved for example in hydrogen embrittlement.

If you to plan to run under 700° no problem.

Not quite. We use some Hydrogen resistant steel. Normal steel starts to leak at 600C.

• Alan Smith

Because I am interested. Suppose you find no excess heat or gamma radiation. Does that therefore also cast doubt on the previous results from your lab? Or does it just mean that you have changed the formula so much that it no longer works.

Why is answering so difficult for you? If no one on the team knows Russ George's formulas why not just say so? If you don't want to answer then why not just say so? Why not just be straightforward instead of dancing around like this?

• ETA- yes, it's 316 stainless steel.

Not quite .... it is a DIN EN 10095 - 1.4841

which corresponds to AISI 314

Heat resistant up to 1120°C and chemical resistant. It is used for chemical reactors and furnaces. Was a bit a challenge during welding. Two welding processes had to be applied, 1. Plasma welding for the root seam and 2. TIG welding with a special additive the rest