The LENR Induced Fission Thread

• Frogfall I think the answer can be found here: https://app.aws.org/technical/facts/FACT-27.pdf

Thorium is often used to make the plasma arc easier to start in TIG welding. This would make perfect sense here and probably a lot safer if Bob used thoriated tungsten electrodes rather than the thorium buckets that Papp used.

• It might not be a coincidence that Bob’s brother also had cancer.

• Thorium is often used to make the plasma arc easier to start in TIG welding.

Yes, but it also means the arc is more difficult to quench. That might create problems - as this isn't welding...

The aluminium buckets are a neutron source - a thoriated TIG rod won't do the same job.

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

• Yes, but it also means the arc is more difficult to quench. That might create problems - as this isn't welding...

The aluminium buckets are a neutron source - a thoriated TIG rod won't do the same job.

Agreed the time scales are much faster in an engine application but there is no perceptible delay in arc quenching during TIG welding and Alan says this is what they actually are doing.

• I've suspected that Papp used thorium for the emission of alpha particles to help ionize the inert gases. Comments here tend to support that thesis. The other methods he used as per his patent were a magnetic field and radio frequency energy. While he claimed the engine was nuclear his patent also reveals he had no idea what the process was. This led to my conclusion that he did not build the original engine.

Evidence was presented that the engine could produce 100 horsepower output with no increase in the spark (arc). I think trying to say it's the arc alone that powers it is wrong.

No one has given a convincing explanation for why his engine produced so little heat. The process for deuterium - deuterium fusion says the the excited He4 atoms produce high energy neutrons when they decay to He3. Well, maybe the less excited He4 atoms in Papp's engine produced low energy neutrons. Obviously, a neutron is a neutron and the most of the excess energy could go into the kinetic energy of the neutrons, which then leave the engine. Anyway, the issue here is the proposed reaction, which could be a representative of a class of nuclear reactions or a singular occurrence.

I'd like to see some Equations about this gravitational thing. People just dance around Electromagnetic fields producing gravity. Maybe Stefan could help. He likes to write equations even if no one understands them .

• Agreed the time scales are much faster in an engine application but there is no perceptible delay in arc quenching during TIG welding and Alan says this is what they actually are doing.

"Perception" is relative. The resultant waveforms really need to be viewed on an oscilloscope.

Don't forget that Joseph Papp died in 1989 - leaving behind a number of puzzling mysteries. Anyone attempting to replicate the performance of his devices now is having to rely on Cargo Cult engineering, due to the lack of any firmly established theoretical design principles.

But then TIG electrodes are cheap - and it's probably easy to swap them for different tests.

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

Edited 2 times, last by Frogfall ().

• After Tom Rohner passed away, his brother Bob was approached by an autodidact theoretician who had an idea for a "rotary" version of a Papp-style plasma engine. Dannel Roberts has been applying and reapplying for patents, since 2012, covering various versions of the device - the last in 2019. None appear to have made it through to granting stage.

In the text of these patents he does try to cover all eventualities for what might be happening inside the device, which suggests he has no real idea of what is actually happening. E.g.:

To make the engine run , an electrical charge can be introduced into the gases and can produce a discharge that is similar to lightning . That discharge causes an increase in pressure, which can cause the engine to spin. The discharge could be a plasma burst, a small fission release in the gases, a small fusion release in the gases or a small release of atomic energy from the gases or could be any combination of these.

And as for the gases in the engine:

The gases that can be used within the energy burst ignition chamber can be regular air. Higher levels of nitrogen in the gas can be used. In some embodiments, only nitrogen is present in the ignition chamber. In other embodiments, air-free and/or oxygen-free environments are desired. A noble gas mixture and/or a halogen can also be used. A high content of chlorine gas has been seen to be effective. Uranium and/or plutonium gases can also be used. In some embodiments, a noble gas mixture and/or a halogen can be used while being air-free and/or oxygen-free. Uranium and/or plutonium gases can also be used while being air-free and/or oxygen-free .

A decade ago Dannel Roberts could be seen in this video demonstrating the engine (which Bob Rohner built for him). As you can see, he is physically protected by a special neutron shield, made from acrylic.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I'd like to see some Equations about this gravitational thing. People just dance around Electromagnetic fields producing gravity. Maybe Stefan could help. He likes to write equations even if no one understands them .

EVO Theory - a new paper from Graham Hubler. - General LENR Talks - LENR Forum (lenr-forum.com) This link should take you to post #16 and hence a derivation of electro-gravity and why it is 42 orders of magnitude stronger than universal gravity.

• Electro-gravity is more complicated than just a change in the strength of the gravitational constant. However, just as energies of electrons in a solid approach banded states, complexes of materials attracted by electro-gravity approach the simple replacement of the gravitation constant. Hence, EVOs model well as in post #51. Planetoids large enough to be seen (microscopic ball lightening) will consume elements of one kind and deposit elements of another. Bob Greenyer has multiple reports of this type of thing from multiple experiments and experimenters. The following diagram by Matsumoto was first to explain this as an effect of extreme gravity.

However, the small planetoids typical of most LENR experiments don't develop wormholes. For example, in Santilli's patent application "Method and apparatus for intermediate controlled fusion processes" the mass balance is so accountable that stoichiometry can be applied. In the main reaction Deuterium and Oxygen combine to produce Hydrogen and Nitrogen. In the side reaction deuterium fuses to oxygen. Which oxygen is consumed in the main reaction. The actual transmutation steps follow the alpha cycle used by massive stars which are not blackholes.

Speculation on electro-gravity on large scale are as follows:

1)The actual amount of dark matter is small because electro-gravity constant is 42 orders of magnitude larger than universal gravity. The electric universe people go so far as to suggest that there is no dark matter rather just a higher electron density of space. The most accepted models of cosmology accept the existence of dark matter but recognize that the basis for modified gravity needs work. Hence, something in between both current models. Electro-gravity as a function of electron density of space should do that.

2) Galaxies should not form within 200 million years of the big bang, however with second stronger form of gravity that would be possible.

3) Blackhole appear to get more massive without consuming matter, however if the kind of gravity they are composed of converts from universal to electro-gravity that would be possible.

• Drgenek

Try focusing on the purpose of this thread, which is about the possibility of inducing fission by creating low energy effects. You fell into the trap of coming up with a wild convoluted process for a problem that doesn't exist. Apparently, there is a human tendency to reject out of hand new ideas. Then the mind wanders. The poster boy for that was Richard Feynman. In his world there was no possibility that Papp's machine was doing exactly what he saw and what Papp said.

• EVO Theory - a new paper from Graham Hubler. - General LENR Talks - LENR Forum (lenr-forum.com) This link should take you to post #16 and hence a derivation of electro-gravity and why it is 42 orders of magnitude stronger than universal gravity.

42 is the "Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything" in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy books. It was computed by Deep Thought, the second greatest computer ever.[1] The descendants of Deep Thought's creators are upset by the numeric nature of the answer, not understanding what to do with it or what to tell the people who had commissioned the 7.5-million year project.[2]

When asked to produce The Ultimate Question to go with the answer "42", Deep Thought admits it is not capable of computing that itself, but that it can help to design an even more powerful computer, which can. This new computer will incorporate living beings into the "computational matrix" and will run for ten million years. It is the planet Earth.[3]

• Drgenek

Try focusing on the purpose of this thread, which is about the possibility of inducing fission by creating low energy effects. You fell into the trap of coming up with a wild convoluted process for a problem that doesn't exist. Apparently, there is a human tendency to reject out of hand new ideas. Then the mind wanders. The poster boy for that was Richard Feynman. In his world there was no possibility that Papp's machine was doing exactly what he saw and what Papp said.

If you take a look at the online tool that is available for asessing the likelyhood of a nuclear reaction to happen, the one based on data gathered by Parkhomov and built into a sercheable through query database, you will see that it contains fusion and fission reactions. LENR fission is thought to happen albeit as these are never a single event but a dynamic and multibody continuum, is hard to tell when in happens and where the energy goes.

Fission Reactions - data provided by Dr. Alexander Parkhomov

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• Try focusing on the purpose of this thread, which is about the possibility of inducing fission by creating low energy effects. You fell into the trap of coming up with a wild convoluted process for a problem that doesn't exist.

There are no low energy effects. Reaction whether chemical or nuclear occur because the distribution of energies of reactants includes energies sufficient for activation. The activation energies for nuclear reaction are in the MeV range. That distribution is possible because of electro-gravity. This is not a guess. These energies have been measured as is seen here.

Ed Storms Amazing results data fitting - Physics - LENR Forum (lenr-forum.com)

Both fusion and fusion occur because the compositions of matter which due to electro-gravity cause a distribution of energy which enable nuclear reactions. The application of a laser to nanoparticle in the following article illustrates the point. Simakin et al speculate water provides the neutron source for fission.

[0906.4268] Initiation of nuclear reactions under laser irradiation of Au nanoparticles in the presence of Thorium aqua-ions (arxiv.org)

Electro-gravity is neither wild nor convoluted. It is an unfortunate result of the combination of quantum mechanics and relativity. We can't create truth we just discover it.

Why do find the production of nano-size stars so offensive? Why not reason it through and accept it as the simple solution that it is? Why are you looking for something more complicated? The data fits the model what more do we need?

• Drgenek

So, how do you explain the spontaneous fission of say a thorium atom? Does a Mev gamma ray or high energy particle just happen to hit it at right time and place? Or has nature set up a sensitivity to low energy effects that cause the atom to kick out an alpha particle? If there is a possibility of an isotope of an element becoming another isotope of that element by emitting a neutron I am not aware of any physics principle that says that would necessarily require a high input of energy.

I'm just wondering, are you like Axil on a ego trip by throwing extraneous stuff into a thread to mess it up or do you just hate new ideas that you didn't think of.

• I really liked electrogravity for my experiments. If I connect a three-phase rectifier to a three-phase motor and give it energy, I can get electrogravity. https://iccf-25.syskonf.pl/con…_v1_en_r7375620021777.pdf

I haven't reached that yet, the capacitor broke, so I want to repeat this experience, what else can you say about electrogravity.

• I don't think that axil say more B... than others i expect rather less 8) ..

Drgenek

So, how do you explain the spontaneous fission of say a thorium atom? Does a Mev gamma ray or high energy particle just happen to hit it at right time and place? Or has nature set up a sensitivity to low energy effects that cause the atom to kick out an alpha particle? If there is a possibility of an isotope of an element becoming another isotope of that element by emitting a neutron I am not aware of any physics principle that says that would necessarily require a high input of energy.

I'm just wondering, are you like Axil on a ego trip by throwing extraneous stuff into a thread to mess it up or do you just hate new ideas that you didn't think of.

• Why the community tends to bless this kind of self-proclaimed god, what did he offer more than Gennadiy Tarassenko for example?

If you take a look at the online tool that is available for asessing the likelyhood of a nuclear reaction to happen, the one based on data gathered by Parkhomov and built into a sercheable through query database, you will see that it contains fusion and fission reactions. LENR fission is thought to happen albeit as these are never a single event but a dynamic and multibody continuum, is hard to tell when in happens and where the energy goes.

https://www.nanosoft.co.nz/Fission.php

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.