New Wikipedia on LCF

• Wikipedia has never been honest in controversial issues. If you look at the “Technique” section, you will see the following paragraph under the heading “Palladium-silver”:

“A related technique pumps deuterium gas through the wall of a palladium-silver alloy tubing. The palladium is electrolytically loaded with deuterium. This produces fast neutrons that trigger further reactions.[1]

This is Fralick’s 1989 experiment and it is as classic “cold fusion” as you can get, they throw it in the mix casually with the BS claim of the fast neutrons which was not seen by Fralick in that experiment but was seen in other experiments when excess heat was not achieved.

This is obviously something that people like us that have been focused in this topic for years can realize. It’s all part of NASA’s strategy to distance itself from the original controversy without having to acknowledge Fleischmann and Pons were in the right track.

They will never be upfront with it, and it is a shame, but if is what it takes to gain acceptance by mainstream, so be it.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• “A related technique pumps deuterium gas through the wall of a palladium-silver alloy tubing. The palladium is electrolytically loaded with deuterium. This produces fast neutrons that trigger further reactions.[1] “

This is Fralick’s 1989 experiment and it is as classic “cold fusion” as you can get, they throw it in the mix casually with the BS claim of the fast neutrons which was not seen by Fralick in that experiment but was seen in other experiments when excess heat was not achieved.

I just edited that. Let's see how long the edit lasts.

Palladium-silver

Edit

A related technique pumps deuterium gas through the wall of a palladium-silver alloy tubing. The palladium is electrolytically loaded with deuterium.In some experiments this produces fast neutrons that trigger further reactions.[1] Other experimenters (Fralick et al) also made claims of anomalous heat produced by this system.

• I just edited that. Let's see how long the edit lasts.

Palladium-silver

Edit

A related technique pumps deuterium gas through the wall of a palladium-silver alloy tubing. The palladium is electrolytically loaded with deuterium.In some experiments this produces fast neutrons that trigger further reactions.[1] Other experimenters (Fralick et al) also made claims of anomalous heat produced by this system.

The original paragraph was quoting from the IEEE Spectrum article, so I think if you add references it should help avoid deletion. Note that I say “it should”, but probably wont. Best case scenario is that they return it to the original paragraph.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• I just edited that. Let's see how long the edit lasts.

A half hour. Wikipedia mavins can set up robots to scan the text of articles relating to cold fusion, or in which cold fusion might be mentioned. As soon as you make a change that favors cold fusion -- or even mentions it -- the mavin finds out and undoes your change.

If that article is not on their watch list your change may last for a long time. Or it might last if the robot does not recognize you refer to F&P and cold fusion.

• It’s all part of NASA’s strategy to distance itself from the original controversy without having to acknowledge Fleischmann and Pons were in the right track.

I don't see that. Theresa Benyo seemed affirmative to me. Fralick used to show up at cold fusion conferences. His papers say this is cold fusion:

Fralick, G.C., A.J. Decker, and J.W. Blue, Results Of An Attempt To Measure Increased Rates Of The Reaction 2D + 2D --> 3He + n In A Nonelectrochemical Cold Fusion Experiment. 1989, NASA: Cleveland, OH.

Fralick, G.C., et al., LENR at GRC (PowerPoint slides). 2011, NASA Glenn Research Center: Cleveland, OH.

Fralick, G.C., et al. LENR at GRC (PowerPoint slides). in International Low Energy Nuclear Reactions Symposium, ILENRS-12. 2012. The College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, VA 23185.

https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/FralickGClenratgrcpa.pdf

The first slide makes it very clear they are talking about cold fusion.

People often say that the name LENR was chosen to distance the field from "cold fusion." I don't see that. Everyone knows they are the same thing. As far as I know, people picked the name LENR because they thought it was more technically accurate.

• A half hour. Wikipedia mavins can set up robots to scan the text of articles relating to cold fusion, or in which cold fusion might be mentioned. As soon as you make a change that favors cold fusion -- or even mentions it -- the mavin finds out and undoes your change.

If that article is not on their watch list your change may last for a long time. Or it might last if the robot does not recognize you refer to F&P and cold fusion.

So far it has been untouched. I think it is becasue only people that knows what Fralick et al did in 1989 was attempting to prove CF will recognize the implications. The IEEE article that is the main reference for this wikipedia section also acknowedges this but in a way that dodges the CF connection.

• I don't see that. Theresa Benyo seemed affirmative to me. Fralick used to show up at cold fusion conferences. His papers say this is cold fusion:

I agree, but again, the main reference to this wikipedia article on LCF is the IEEE Spectrum article from March 2022 (which we commented back then here) and in it all references to CF are only detectable if one knows about it before hand. That IEEE Spectrum article was a clear attempt to present LCF as completely different thing, even if it acknowledges its not, but that is something only people with prior knowledge can see easily.

• I agree, but again, the main reference to this wikipedia article on LCF is the IEEE Spectrum article from March 2022 (which we commented back then here) and in it all references to CF are only detectable if one knows about it before hand.

Perhaps the IEEE Spectrum people are trying to cover up the connection to cold fusion, rather than NASA, Fralick or Benyo. Cold fusion does make people behave strangely.

• JedRothwell , perhaps is good to take another look at the IEEE Spectrum Article. I am not sure if Rob is aware of this article. If you see in the comments section, you will see Carl Page commenting and mentioning Cold Fusion openly, but the article itself, even if it mentions the publications of 2020 that worked with Fralick's method of 1989, and the Pam Mosier-Boss and Forsley's work with Pd codeposition, mentions it as another mode of LCF, but not CF.

NASA’s New Shortcut to Fusion Power
    Lattice confinement fusion eliminates massive magnets and powerful lasers
    spectrum.ieee.org

• Perhaps the IEEE Spectrum people are trying to cover up the connection to cold fusion, rather than NASA, Fralick or Benyo. Cold fusion does make people behave strangely.

Of note is that the authors of the article are from NASA.

• Of note is that the authors of the article are from NASA.

Some of these journals exercise tight control over articles. They overrule authors, and rewrite things. I have heard that Nature does that. I don't know about IEEE Spectrum. It could be the authors wanted to mention cold fusion but the editors blocked them.

• Why?

I mean - many here would not accept it as CF. For example I think it is real, and everyone views me as being a CF skeptic.

Personally, I would like to call it CF and move this site more towards known real things. It is juts words.

What is dishonest is not distinguishing between effects that are consistent with known physics and are detected, as expected, by high energy products with other effects not so consistent and that do not deliver expected high energy products.

• What is dishonest is not distinguishing between effects that are consistent with known physics and are detected, as expected, by high energy products with other effects not so consistent and that do not deliver expected high energy products.

Who are you calling dishonest here? The people at NASA's LCF Research Group?

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.