Vote for currently BEST PAPER on LENR

• I would like to engage the wise counsel of the LF community to post the link to what they feel is the best LENR paper in their mind. The goal here is to critique this paper communally so that in the future we improve the chances of publishing a LENR positive result in a mainstream journal.

• Yes the hypothesis I want to test is: After 30 years without a positive LENR publication in the mainstream journals, is at least one reason that the quality of research or writing not up to the standard of a mainstream journal? I think its a very relevant question for us to ask, answer and discuss here. So in the last 30 years, which paper do we feel best represents high quality research in support of LENR results?

Let's get a list of candidate papers and analyze them.

• 30 years without a positive LENR publication in the mainstream journals

(PDF) A Synopsis of Nuclear Reactions in Condensed Matter
    PDF | We have sought to identify, characterize, elucidate and apply condensed matter nuclear reactions using the US patented co-deposition protocol,... | Find,…
    www.researchgate.net

Electrolytic co-deposition neutron production measured by bubble detectors
    Co-deposition electrochemical cells are a simple means to examine novel nuclear reactions. In this study, palladium and deuterium atoms were co-deposi…
    www.sciencedirect.com

• It is a tough choice. This is not current, but I guess I would say the best research project was Miles, Bush and Johnson. They published a number of papers, which you can find at the LENR-CANR library by entering:

First Author: Miles

All Authors: Bush

Here is the longest and most comprehensive paper:

https://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/MilesManomalousea.pdf

I think this is the most compelling study because it addresses three important issues about cold fusion with one set of experiments, and one dataset:

1. Is the excess heat real? Yes, the calorimetry is excellent, and it was repeated enough times to be sure it is real. In some tests the heat was much higher than the minimum threshold of the calorimeters.
    2. Does the effect produce helium in the same ratio to the heat as one D-D plasma fusion path? It sure does!
    3. What is the most important control factor? The cathode material. With the wrong material, it never works. With the best material, it always works, and it produces much higher heat.

. . . .This is an odd metric, but you can sort of tell this is outstanding work because THH refuses to look at it. He even said he is the only person who might be interested in it, meaning it is unimportant. On the contrary, this is one of the most important studies. If you do not know this in detail, you don't know much about cold fusion. You also need to know Storms, McKubre, and of course F&P. None of which THH or any other skeptic knows about. Skeptical comments are an inverse metric of importance. THH only discusses obscure and probably incorrect work. Skeptical comments are also inverse to the facts. Like all skeptics, THH gets every detail wrong, most recently assuming that Storms measures 5 mW, and that Miles threw away data from tests with leaks. This is what happens when you spout off about papers you have not read.

• Yes I’m aware of this fact. We are attempting to narrow down the best reports and analyze whether they are fit to be published in the mainstream journals

The Miles work I just described was published in mainstream journals.

Miles, M., et al., Correlation of excess power and helium production during D2O and H2O electrolysis using palladium cathodes. J. Electroanal. Chem., 1993. 346: p. 99.

Miles M., B.F. Bush, and J.J. Lagowski, Anomalous effects involving excess power, radiation, and helium production during D2O electrolysis using palladium cathodes. Fusion Technol., 1994. 25: p. 478.

Miles, M. and B.F. Bush, Heat and Helium Measurements in Deuterated Palladium. Trans. Fusion Technol., 1994. 26(4T): p. 156.

Miles, M., B.F. Bush, and D.E. Stilwell, Calorimetric principles and problems in measurements of excess power during Pd-D2O electrolysis. J. Phys. Chem., 1994. 98: p. 1948.

• The LENR truth should not be so unreacheable because LENRForum gives only 10Mo as upload capacity...

That is a problem we are looking for ways to work around, but you can always upload to a google drive and share the link.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• As a layperson, I nominate the work of the SPAWAR /GEC team;

Triple tracks in CR-39 as the result of Pd-D Co-deposition: evidence of energetic neutrons - PubMed (nih.gov)

Their peer reviewed paper convinced many like myself, who were drawn to LENR by Rossi, that "there is really something serious there". In otherwise, a true science, with real scientists involved.

And just this last ICCF24 in Silicon Valley, a few notable researchers duplicated their results.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.