Device for registration and investigation of Lenr manifestations in conditions of diaphragm discharge

• Having spoken to a couple of his SRI colleagues, I think they were a bit scared of him intellectually. There was always about him the air of a man who knew stuff nobody else did, which was probably correct. He could also be famously grumpy, the brilliant outsider, not really a team player though everybody had a sneaking regard for him. Probably why he was happy to quit SRI when the opportunity arose, though some of the staff always kept in touch.

• I asked several questions about the particular professional relationship between Kenneth Shoulders and the controversial John Hutchison to LENR-CANR ChatGPT bots 1 and 2. Bot 1 provided no results but Bot 2 at least gave some general answers that I was able to narrow down to the following:

This answer is quite revealing of the general reception the EVO topic has received.

I just want to add that has been stated since long that the work that led Kenneth Shoulders to discover EVOs derived from his mission of studying and replicating the Hutchison effect. This is a hairy topic and probably contributes to the general silence with which most EVO-LENR relationship claims are met with.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• Nonsense. The inspiration was from Bostick's work.

Ok Alan Smith , I can't argue with you as you have a much better understanding of these relationships.

I can only say that this doesn't come from me.

My source for the above statemente is Bob Greenyer. He and John Hutchison are currently in almost daily touch, and Bob has a video where he states that was Hal Puthoff, at the request of Eric Davis (if I recall correctly, this last bit may not be accurate), who hired Ken Shoulders to study the Hutchison effect and this is what led to the EVO discovery. If this is nonsense, I am surprised. Bostick's work is however also involved in this by Bob's account of the story, as being already under research by Davis / Puthoff when they got interested in the so called "Hutchison effect".

I recall also seeing a lenghty video of Kenneth Shoulders talking with Jon Hutchison in a very relaxed demeanor, where they appear to be talking at large of plenty of stuff in the absolutely fringe side of things, and I recall specifically Ken talking about being interviewed by the Prince of Liechtenstein about his work.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• I recall also seeing a lenghty video of Kenneth Shoulders talking with Jon Hutchison in a very relaxed demeanor, where they appear to be talking at large of plenty of stuff in the absolutely fringe side of things, and I recall specifically Ken talking about being interviewed by the Prince of Liechtenstein about his work.

I know the interview you mean. As for the hiring, it was Bob Church (and his fried chicken shop money) who got Hal Puthoff to set up Jupiter Technology. This is what I wrote about this...

In 1968, after a decade spent at SRI, the forever restless Shoulders left to pursue this interest in experimental aircraft at his own expense, but as he saw it, free from bureaucratic restraint. In 1976, needing more substantial funding to pursue his plans Shoulders visited Hal Puthoff at SRI. This led to Puthoff organising a meeting with George “Bill” Church, the owner and CEO of a chain of shops called ‘Church’s Fried Chicken’, a Texas business man eager to fund research into new energy sources. They soon settled on a deal, Church would pay Shoulders a wage and fund his lab work, and in return Church would have a financial interest in Shoulders inventions. Eventually these two became friends as well as business partners.

Church and Shoulders together had the organisation, brains, and money needed to build a personal aircraft. Using experience gained from his drone program Shoulders built a prop-driven lightweight metal skeleton as the basis for his flying car. He also designed and built 2 hydrogen peroxide rockets that would allow vertical take-offs from a city street. Happily these were never used in earnest, but he flew his creation at low altitude around his property for fun sometimes, this and other projects occupied a decade of Shoulders life. In 1984 Church asked Shoulders to run a new hi-tech lab he was building in Austin, Texas. This was to become the home of a commercial research enterprise called Jupiter Technologies, with Shoulders working as ‘Chief Inventor’ alongside Hal Puthoff* and a group of scientists and technicians, all required to support Shoulders legendary creative energy. Jupiter gave birth to some successful (and unsuccessful) inventions, including a millimetre-wave generator and a new type of digital display. One aspect of the work that Shoulders and Puthoff did together focussed on electron condensed charge technology, research that eventually became known as EVOs and the main focus of Shoulders’ work for the rest of his life.

Perhaps the freedom to explore his own interests, as well as financial security that Jupiter offered was too good to last. In 1989 Church began to run of money, although he was still in love with the Jupiter project. He delayed paying a promised $10,000 bonus and started laying off staff. Part of the problem was that none of the lab’s products were proving to be particularly profit. For a while Church tried to hide his money troubles but in 1990 Jupiter Technologies was shut down. Ken Shoulders spent another four years in the former Jupiter lab, finishing off contracts and working on EVO technology before returning to California in 1994. In 1995 he found a new financier, who was to fund him for the next 10 years. According to his son Steve Shoulders, “From a 30-minute meeting and a handshake agreement we moved to Freestone.”

References:

Article: K. Shoulders. Issue 75 of ‘Infinite Energy’. http://www.infinite-energy.com magazine.

K. R. Shoulders, EV-- A Tale of Discovery, Austin, TX, 1987. A historical sketch of early EV work having: 246 pages, 153 photos and drawings, 13 references.

U.S. Patents issued to K. R. Shoulders related to EVOs. 5,018,180 (1991) - 5,054,046 (1991) - 5,054,047 (1991) - 5,123,039 (1992), and 5,148,461 (1992).

H. E. Puthoff et al. Electronic Devices Using Discrete, Contained Charged Particle Bundles and Sources of Same U.S. Patent No. 5,208,844. May 4, 1993

G. A. Mesayets and D. I. Proskurovsky, Pulsed Electrical Discharge in Vacuum. Springer-Verlag, New York, 1989.

V. Nardi, W. H. Bostick, J. Feugas, and W. Prior, Phys. Rev. A 22, 2211. 1980.

Remediation of Radioactive Emissions in Spent Nuclear Fuels using High Density Charge Cluster [EV0] Techniques http://blog.hasslberger.com/docs/EVO_Nuclear_Remediation.pdf

H. B. G. Casimir, Physica 19, 846 (1953).

Article: http://blog.hasslberger.com/20…ers_evos_exotic_vacu.html

Article: https://www.chemheritage.org/d…magazine/the-frontiersman

The Kenneth Shoulders Archive is in storage at the Chemical Heritage Foundation Library, USA.

Bob Greenyer of MFMP has created a transcript of Kenneth Shoulders & John Hutchison's 2010 meeting where they talked about the near infinite potential of "Charge Clusters" also known as "Exotic Vacuum Objects" (EVO) also known as "Condensed Plasmoids". The video is also available.

https://steemit.com/dtube/@mfmp/nzssv2y3

The Shoulders/Hutchinson video was shot in 2010. Ken died in 2013. They were friendly but I never saw any mention of Hutchinson being the inspiration for EVO's.

• I have emailed somebody who was close to KS to see if they have any idea about Hutchinson's possible role as inspiration for Ken's work on EVO's. I will let you know what (and if) I leanr more.

Thanks! Will be nice to have a first hand point of view.

I will try to find the letters to the editor of Matsumoto where he acknowledges the importance of Ken’s work. I recall was a exchange with Ed Lewis.

• Mike McKubre's comment on EVO's and Hutchinson.

I know that Ken knew Hutchinson but I did not know Ken in the era that the two might have interacted technically. As you note, very probably Hal did – but may not be communicative. Knowing Ken I very much doubt that he would credit anyone with his inventions. From what I saw they all came as a result of “tinkering” with his own two hands. I certainly never heard Ken say he was inspired by anyone in the US (there were some Russians) and sort of doubt from a rather superficial knowledge of Hutchinson’s technology that he contributed significantly to Ken’s ideas.

• Nice video- Bob Greenyer and George Hathaway talking about building EVO generators ar Ken Shoulder's lab and with Hal Puthoff/Scott Little. Although Hathaway worked with Hutchinson, he is not mentioned here.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Nice video- Bob Greenyer and George Hathaway talking about building EVO generators ar Ken Shoulder's lab and with Hal Puthoff/Scott Little. Although Hathaway worked with Hutchinson, he is not mentioned here.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

John Hutchison comments often on Bob’s videos, also in this one. It seems to me Hathaway, Puthoff and Ken Shoulders seem to have been in touch with Hutchison and each other regularly, they were clearly acquainted with each other at least, beyond their scientific collaboration.

The deceptive simplicity of the EVO blaster described here is only recognized when one sees the microscopic images of the effect those “blasts” had on the targets. The excess energy was clearly hinted.

• Thanks to Bob Greenyer for alerting me to this book:-

https://www.amazon.com/Vacuum-Arcs-Theory-Application-Lafferty/dp/0471065064

This was published in 1980 but the research described goes back to the 1930's. Allegedly this was an inspiration for Ken Shoulder's continued work on EVOs. Watch out for over-priced copies if you buy it, I paid about US$70 equivalent, but I have seen copies priced as high as $200.

• Thanks to Bob Greenyer for alerting me to this book:-

https://www.amazon.com/Vacuum-…on-Lafferty/dp/0471065064

This was published in 1980 but the research described goes back to the 1930's. Allegedly this was an inspiration for Ken Shoulder's continued work on EVOs. Watch out for over-priced copies if you buy it, I paid about US$70 equivalent, but I have seen copies priced as high as $200.

I've added Lafferty's encyclopedia chapter on vacuum arcs to the useful book thread. Short, but a useful intro.

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

• Some experiments with Stepanov-Egorov Ball Lightning:

(PDF) Shock Electrolysis : A New Path to the Hydrogen Age ?
    PDF | The coming of the “Hydrogen Age” following the “Oil Age” is slowed by the low yield of the classical reaction of splitting of water by... | Find, read…
    www.researchgate.net

• Before dealing with the situation inside the Scholders charge cluster, let's see what we have with a classical equilibrium fully ionized plasma.

Such plasma consists of free electrons and atomic nuclei completely cleared of electrons. For convenience, we will call them simply ions. Such plasma can be found in three places: in the plasma ball of a thermonuclear explosion, in various types of ITER installations (magnetic confinement, electronic or laser plasma crimping) and, finally, in the bowels of the sun. I specially translated into English one work of a dissident physicist from the Physics Department Vladimir Grinev, unfamiliar to the audience.

Here is my translation

Here is the Russian-language original

additionally

The author convincingly described his model in all details. As it turned out, at a temperature of tens of millions of degrees, plasma particles can no longer move chaotically and randomly. Under the influence of their own magnetic fields (Lorentz force), electrons combine into jets (into separate beams, streams), and these jets interact with each other in such a way that a focus point (a three-dimensional intersection of these beams) is formed in the center of a spherical formation (double Debye radius).

Positive ions are grouped along the periphery and make energetic oscillatory movements through this focus point under the influence of an electric field. At the same time, their energy at the periphery is minimal (cold) and maximal after acceleration in a powerful electric field at the focus point (hot, millions of degrees). Elastic collisions of ions occur most often only in the focus zone, when they exchange impulses and energy. Here it is also possible, with an exact axial collision, to overcome the Coulomb barrier between two ions (nuclear interaction).

Electrons, on the contrary, have the greatest energy at the periphery when they are entwined in jets. The magnetic field returns them to the center of the debye cell, in the electric field they lose energy and their collective connectivity. In the area near the focus, they are already impersonal and cold, and there the electrons spend the bulk of their time cycle.

A cell, or a plasma crystal according to Grinev, thus represents a very strongly polarized formation of cold fully ionized positive ions outside and also cold inactive electrons inside with a potential difference between them equal to the average plasma temperature expressed in electron volts. It is important that the energy distribution is allowed only to ions, so they are located at different distances from the focus point in the cold phase (in the form of a "matryoshka"). Electrons, accelerating from the center, acquire the same velocity equal to the average temperature of the plasma. Each ion continuously makes oscillatory movements through the focus to the periphery and back, each with its own amplitude, which may change as a result of possible interactions with other ions in the focus area. Electrons under the action of an electric field spread from the center to the periphery, again get knocked down into jets, and along steep trajectories pass tangentially to the surface of the Debye radius.

Another important property of the described model is the mechanism of intensive energy exchange between individual plasma cells. It is carried out by both ions and electrons. As mentioned above, fully ionized positive atomic nuclei receive a significant energy spread as a result of interactions within the focus of the cell. Such a particle with increased energy, flying out to the periphery of the cell, slips into the neighboring cell, taking part of the energy with it. Electrons, moving in relativistic jets along the periphery of the cell, do not know belonging to "their" cell at all. They freely exchange with their neighbors, also transferring energy (there is a good thermal conductivity in the plasma medium). Thus, a cell in which a nuclear interaction occurred or it was excited, for example, by a flying energetic alpha particle, firstly, significantly increases its temperature, which is accompanied by an increase in the Debye radius. Secondly, it gently transfers its energy to its neighbors through many participating particles at once.

And, finally, the most important property of the described model. The complexly organized system of self-adjustment of the plasma focus of the cell works in such a way that the alignment of the system depends on the level of "calmness" inside this cell. An external or internal disturbance is sufficient (a sharp influx of energy, an inelastic collision of nuclei in focus), and the focus area of the cell is blurred, the alignment of the system is temporarily disrupted. This means that the probability of meeting and the degree of interaction of nuclei-ions flying from different directions through the zone of blurred focus is greatly reduced.

The probabilistic act of fusion of nuclei realized in a quiet cell immediately increases the temperature of the entire local plasma zone. At the same time, the cells in this zone collectively unbalance their plasma foci and significantly reduce the likelihood of a new act of nuclear energy release. The existence of such a mechanism explains the scanty specific energy release inside the sun or the prolonged and gentle gorenje plasma ball during the explosion of a hydrogen bomb. The effects and mechanisms of "Rosseland mean opacity", "Rosseland opacities" become unnecessary.

The plasma theory building has been built collectively for the last hundred years. Thousands of dissertations have been written. To make ends meet, it has become absurdly complicated, and sometimes it is very difficult to admit that, perhaps, it is being built on the wrong foundation.

When Grinev at Phys Tech got out too much with "his theory", he was simply fired and received, in fact, a ban on the profession.

His theory of plasma is difficult to prove, but at the same time it is also difficult to refute…

• The prof has been trying to make a point about Sun's crystalline structure for years

External Content www.youtube.com

• "Cubically centered lattice", "hexagonal flat structure"... this is not exactly in the sun. These terms refer to the crystal lattice of a solid. The professor, of course, understands that at a temperature on the surface of the sun of more than

5778 degrees, hydrogen loses its connection with its only electron, and these regular structures will have to be formed with generalized electrons.

According to the accepted concept, protons and electrons of hydrogen plasma move chaotically, and their energy obeys the Maxwell distribution. A certain ordered structure cannot be formed in these conditions.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.