The LENR-CANR ChatGPT is ON LINE!

• A bot will sometimes paraphrase the paper, making it a little difficult to find the original source. Here is how to track down a specific quote from the paper:

. . . Does this paper discuss attempts to find dissolved tritium within the initial palladium and within the environment?

Yes, in the paper "Review of experimental observations about the cold fusion effect" (1991), Storms discusses attempts to find dissolved tritium within the initial palladium and within the environment. He notes that tritium that is located within bulk palladium will exit an electrolytic cell with the evolving gases, and only tritium that forms on the surface can enter the electrolyte and then only if it is released by nuclear recoil energy. Storms also mentions that tritium can accumulate within the electrolyte during electrolysis because the evolving D2 and O2 gases contain approximately one-half as much tritium as does the electrolyte.

What is the verbatim quote that says only tritium forming on the surface can escape?

In the paper "Review of experimental observations about the cold fusion effect" (1991), Storms states that "tritium that is located within bulk palladium will exit an electrolytic cell with the evolving gases. Only tritium that forms on the surface can enter the electrolyte and then only if it is released by nuclear recoil energy."

You can do a search for this quoted text, "tritium that is located within bulk palladium . . ."

You can also ask "what is the URL of the paper 'Review of experimental observations about the cold fusion effect. . .'" I have added the URL lookup to the Library bot. It works most of the time, except when it doesn't. I am trying to figure out why.

The paper is here, by the way:

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/StormsEreviewofex.pdf

• Relating to a question I asked in Ed Storm's topic about maximum loading creating cracks, I asked :

AF: Storms has reported that lenr takes place in gaps (or cracks) on the surface of metals such as palladium. How does maximum loading effect the formation of these?

C4: Storms has reported that the formation of gaps or cracks on the surface of metals such as palladium is important for LENR to occur. The maximum loading of deuterium in the material can affect the formation of these gaps or cracks. Samples having a large concentration of large cracks or gaps cannot form the required small gaps because the large cracks would dissipate all the stress that is required to cause additional crack formation, resulting in wider cracks instead of small gaps. Therefore, the challenge is to modify the material such that a large number of independent small gaps can form during loss of hydrogen or by other means. The best palladium for this purpose would have to be specially treated to create many sites where stress can be relieved by crack formation, thereby increasing the number of sufficiently narrow gaps.

It MIGHT be hallucinating, but I don't think so!

• Relating to a question I asked in Ed Storm's topic about maximum loading creating cracks, I asked :

AF: Storms has reported that lenr takes place in gaps (or cracks)

You asked that at LENR-CANR.org, right? Not the public, general version of ChatGPT. Actually, the LENR-CANR.org Bot is version 3. It should soon be upgraded.

I was curious about what the public version has to say. I asked it:

Here is a question about cold fusion (LENR).Storms has reported that lenr takes place in gaps (or cracks) on the surface of metals such as palladium. How does maximum loading effect the formation of these?

ChatGPT

The phenomenon of cold fusion, also known as Low Energy Nuclear Reactions (LENR), is a controversial topic in the field of physics. While some researchers claim to have observed evidence of cold fusion, others remain skeptical of its existence.

Regarding the question of how maximum loading affects the formation of LENR in gaps or cracks on the surface of metals like palladium, there are a few different factors to consider.

First, it's important to understand what is meant by "maximum loading." In the context of cold fusion experiments, maximum loading typically refers to the amount of deuterium or other reactive material that is loaded onto the surface of a palladium electrode. The idea is that by loading the electrode to its maximum capacity, the conditions are optimized for cold fusion to occur.

However, the relationship between maximum loading and the formation of LENR is not necessarily straightforward. In fact, the optimal loading level may vary depending on a number of factors, including the specific materials being used, the experimental setup, and the desired outcome.

That being said, there is some evidence to suggest that increasing the loading level of deuterium or other reactive materials can increase the likelihood of LENR taking place in gaps or cracks on the surface of a palladium electrode. This may be due to the fact that higher loading levels provide more opportunities for the reactive material to interact with the palladium, increasing the likelihood of fusion reactions occurring.

Overall, the relationship between maximum loading and the formation of LENR is a complex one that depends on a variety of factors. While increasing the loading level of reactive materials may increase the likelihood of LENR occurring, it is not a guarantee, and further research is needed to fully understand the conditions under which cold fusion reactions can take place.

• Go to "Portal" on the menu bar, then "Boards" on the left side of that page and you will see that we now have a new section called "Artificial Intelligence Developments". If you want to start a new thread on that topic, that is where to do it.

• It's the same, so I guess its not looking at the library.

If it is at LENR-CANR.org, it is three point something something. They said they are not at Release 4 yet. This one acts more like 3, with errors that 4 has put to rest.

For coding there was a huge difference from 3.5 to 4.

There was indeed.

I have been posing random questions and I am still puzzled by why JedRothwell thinks the AI assistant is a she.

The same reason sailors call their ship "she." The same reason women in Japanese folk tales get pushed around and killed by their husbands, but they come back as ghosts and get revenge, strangling them with their long hair. * Or it turns out they are actually Snow Demons or Cranes, and they tell their husbands never to look in the secret room, but he always does, and then she would kill him if it were not for the children, but she vanishes instead. ** We men depend on women, and we push them around since we are bigger, but let's face it, we are afraid of them.

It is the mystical power of the feminine. Life giving, and life taking away.

Or as 1970s programmers put it in a way that would never be allowed in modern times: computers are like women; you can't live with them, and you can't live without them.

* https://www.criterion.com/films/629-kwaidan

** Kwaidan again, and https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tsuru_no_Ongaeshi

• I have uploaded papers by Miles. Here is an impressive example of how ChatGPT can find papers, and summarize them:

What did Miles report from the NHE laboratory in Sapporo, Japan?

Miles reported on his calorimetric studies at the NHE laboratory in Sapporo, Japan. He used two types of isoperibolic calorimeters: China Lake type calorimetric cells and Fleischmann-Pons Dewar type cells. Experiments using China Lake type calorimetric cells produced excess power in three out of three experiments and no excess power in three control studies. Anomalous thermistor signals in Cell A suggest the emission of electromagnetic radiation from the active palladium cathode. Experiments in Fleischmann-Pons type calorimetric cells produced excess power in six out of eight experiments. These studies involved palladium alloy cathodes, co-deposition of palladium and deuterium from the solution, and electromigration using thin palladium wires. Miles' research at NHE is described in a final report and in an article in Infinite Energy magazine.

What is the title of the full report by Miles about his research at the NHE?

The title of the full report by Miles about his research at the NHE is "Electrochemical Calorimetric Studies of Palladium and Palladium Alloys in Heavy Water NEDO Final Report".

Is there another report in your database by Miles about his research at the NHE?

Yes, there is another report in the database by Miles about his research at the NHE. It is titled "Report on Calorimetric Studies at the NHE Laboratory in Sapporo, Japan" and was published in Infinite Energy magazine.

What does Miles say about the heat transfer of the calorimeter at the NHE?

Miles used two types of isoperibolic calorimeters at the NHE laboratory in Sapporo, Japan: China Lake type calorimetric cells and Fleischmann-Pons Dewar type cells. The China Lake type calorimetric cells operate at constant current conditions where the complex calorimetric equations can be greatly simplified. The increase in excess power is then readily apparent by the corresponding increase in the cell temperature. Anomalous thermistor signals in Cell A suggest the emission of electromagnetic radiation from the active palladium cathode. The Fleischmann-Pons Dewar type cells transfer heat mainly by radiation.

• Here is another example of how to zero in on a paper:

Discuss Bethe's estimate of solar energy.

Bethe's solar energy model is based on a combination of strong and weak interactions. The model assumes a nuclear potential of a strong interaction to calculate the elastic scattering of (p + p) and a nuclear transmutation of a weak interaction to calculate the probability of a transition from (p + p) continuum to (n + p) discrete energy level (deuteron). This model gave the correct fusion rate of p + p ! D+ e + + neutrino and made a good prediction of the solar temperature. In Bethe's model, there was no low energy resonance between (p+p), and the positron emission was the dominant weak interaction process. The same model might be applied to (p + 6 Li) low energy resonance if the effect of (p + 6 Li) low energy resonance is fully included, and if the orbital electron capture of the beryllium excited state (7Be) is introduced. The reaction rate is compared with the "excess power" in the Ni-H gas-loading experiments with LiAlH4 as an additive, and is compared with Lipinski's measurement of the helium ion emission rate from low temperature (p + 6 Li) plasma. Both comparisons lead to a (p + 6 Li) low energy resonance near 50 eV. This is consistent with (p + 6 Li) low energy fusion cross-section as well.

Which paper or papers in this database discuss Bethe's estimate of solar energy?

There are multiple papers in the provided data that discuss Bethe's estimate of solar energy, including "Hydrogen-lithium Low Energy Resonant Electron-capture and Bethe's Solar Energy Model" by Li et al. and "Bethe's Calculation For Solar Energy And Selective Resonant Tunneling" by Zhou, Li, and Liu.

What is the URL for "Bethe's Calculation For Solar Energy And Selective Resonant Tunneling"?

The URL for "Bethe's Calculation For Solar Energy And Selective Resonant Tunneling" is http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/ZhouXbethescalc.pdf.

• Okay! I uploaded all papers.

I was trying various methods of reducing OCR errors. I put papers into a testbed bot. Everything I did for the last several days made things worse. It seems this ChatBot does its own OCR, and it works better than Adobe Acrobat. I tracked down a number of errors in the Adobe versions, and I managed to compare them to the internal version of the text that ChatGPT holds in tokenized format. It is not easy to make it report verbatim what is stored in its database. It usually wants to summarize or reword the text. But in every case I got it to quote verbatim, the internal version did not have the OCR error. So, I decided to upload all papers "as is" including some poorly scanned ones such as ICCF3:

https://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/IkegamiHthirdinter.pdf

And the 1989 NSF/EPRI workshop:

http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/EPRInsfepriwor.pdf

I tried to get the Bot to tell me what Edward Teller had to say about giraffes during the workshop. She refused. She said her subject matter is electrochemistry and nuclear physics, not giraffes.

• Where did this come from? Who said this? Gero-gero!

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I've now added a link in my original comment...

"The most misleading assumptions are the ones you don't even know you're making" - Douglas Adams

• 👋 Hello! What can I do for you today?

how did shanahan criticise lenr?

Shanahan criticized LENR in several areas including calorimetry, heat after death, elemental transmutation, energetic particle detection using CR-39, and the temporal correlation between heat and helium-4. These issues were addressed by the researchers who conducted the original work. Shanahan also wrote a lengthy critique of a review paper on LENR by Marwan and Krivit, which was later rebutted by the LENR researchers.

give me references to the papers

I apologize, but I do not have access to the specific references to the papers you are asking for. However, you may be able to find them by using modern search tools on a particular topic given the references included in the data provided. Alternatively, you may try contacting the authors or relevant organizations for further information.

which papers were criticised?

Shanahan criticized several papers on LENR, including those related to calorimetry, heat after death, elemental transmutation, energetic particle detection using CR-39, and the temporal correlation between heat and helium-4. However, I do not have access to the specific papers that were criticized.

You would hope chatgpt can extract bibliographic data but maybe not?

• Ask for the URLs of the papers, I have had the same problem.

I certainly Hope to see LENR helping humans to blossom, and I'm here to help it happen.

• You would hope chatgpt can extract bibliographic data but maybe not?

Try using the top box, Chatbot 1 Index. It seems to work better at finding URLs. The reasons are unclear to me, but I hope I can improve Chatbot 2. I am doing some tests now. Here is an exchange with Chatbot 1:

List papers by Shanahan.

There are several papers authored by Shanahan in the data provided. They include: "Comments on Thermal behavior of polarized Pd/D electrodes prepared by co-deposition," "Reply to 'Comment on papers by K. Shanahan that propose to explain anomalous heat generated by cold fusion,' E. Storms," "A Critique of the Student's Guide To Cold Fusion," "A Possible Calorimetric Error in Heavy Water Electrolysis on Platinum," and "Comments on Thermal Calorimetry in Cold Fusion."

Do you have a URL for "A Possible Calorimetric Error in Heavy Water Electrolysis on Platinum"?

Yes, the URL for "A Possible Calorimetric Error in Heavy Water Electrolysis on Platinum" by K. Shanahan is http://lenr-canr.org/acrobat/ShanahanKapossiblec.pdf.

If the Bot tells you there is no URL, that usually means the paper is not uploaded. In some cases it means she has lost track. I am trying to figure out why she loses track.

• I tried to get the Bot to tell me what Edward Teller had to say about giraffes during the workshop. She refused. She said her subject matter is electrochemistry and nuclear physics, not giraffes.

She really did say that. I kid you not. I think the Bot is having trouble finding certain things, such as Christy's name and the search term "giraffe." I am looking into this. The Google™ Custom Search bot at the top of the screen found the search term "giraffe" right away. It is in only one document, the NSF/EPRI meeting where Teller talked about giraffes:

https://www.lenr-canr.org/acrobat/EPRInsfepriwor.pdf

The Bot knows some things about Teller that I did not know were at LENR-CANR.org. I do not know what documents it got this information from. I cannot find them with the Google search. I am sure they are at LENR-CANR.org because I have excluded all other sources of information. This is what it knows:

ME: What role did Edward Teller play in the history of cold fusion?

Bot: Edward Teller was a mentor to Lowell Woods, who attended many cold fusion meetings and worked with Teller for a long time. Martin Fleischmann used to call Woods Edward Teller's protégé.

The Bot seems to know that Teller attended the meeting in a wheelchair, which I did not know. Again, I have no idea where it discovered this. I cannot find it with Google search.

ME: Tell me more about what Edward Teller said at the NSF-EPRI meeting.

Bot: At the NSF-EPRI meeting in Washington DC, Edward Teller attended in a wheelchair due to a recent operation. Despite controversy surrounding cold fusion, Teller provided an example of an open scientific mind by freely entering the discussion instead of ruling out cold fusion due to lack of theoretical explanation. He suggested that a new particle, dubbed "meshuganon," would be needed to explain the observations reported by Pons and Fleischmann. This suggestion still may be the case.

• What's the total number of papers and pages?

The total number of documents is 1,166, 2.42 GB. They are here:

Index of /acrobat

The ChatBot tokenized database has 56,084,303 bytes. It leaves out all images, but that is still impressive data compression.

I do not know how many pages there are.

Some of these documents have multiple papers, such as the ICCF Proceedings and JCMNS issues.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.