Forty-Two Member
  • Member since Sep 10th 2016
  • Last Activity:

Posts by Forty-Two

Wrong. The energy comes from the reduction in mass of the fuel, apparently from changing the isotope or changing to lighter elements.

Then please, please explain your Guru Rossi simple things like how to correctly calculate the mass-energy equivalence (using correct units).

Usually, his is 3 orders of magnitutes off.

Andrea Rossi

August 15th, 2015 at 8:47 AM

Steven N. Karels, Arnie:

Cm’on: 1 g of matter entirely converted into energy gives 25 MWh of energy (from Einstein equation).

Quite scary when you believe that this genius has developed a nuclear reactor and calculates the amount of fuel to be charged, isn’t it?

European regulation

In Europe you can certify equipmen for use in industry to EU regulations yourself.

(This in contrast to consumer products and some special area's)

No certification institute needs to be involved.

Only partially true. There are many cases where a so called „notified body“ needs to be involved.

Best you start reading here:

https://ec.europa.eu/growth/si…-marking/manufacturers_en

You only need to conform to the current regulations and put the CE mark on your product.

Yes, but all the particular regulations you „only“ need to confirm can be quite nasty.

In particular the EU - Directive 2014/68/EU for pressure equipment is a quite tricky one.

And I would assume that also Rossi‘s latest gadget, the e-cat SK, falls under this directive, because of:

(b) fired or otherwise heated pressure equipment with the risk of overheating intended for generation of steam or super- heated water at temperatures higher than 110 °C having a volume greater than 2 L, and all pressure cookers (Annex II, table 5);

You don't even have to report your findings.

It is enough to keep your test results somewhere.

And if they ask you for a report then you may make up such a report afterwards from the recorded test results and you are given time to do that.

It is thus even possible to put a CE mark on your product, whithout having done any test and nobody knowing about it.

Normally manufacturer have to follow this six steps to affix a CE marking to your product:

1. Identify the applicable directive(s) and harmonised standards
    2. Verify product specific requirements
    3. Identify whether an independent conformity assessment (by a notified body) is necessary
    4. Test the product and check its conformity
    5. Draw up and keep available the required technical documentation
    6. Affix the CE marking and draw up the EU Declaration of Conformity

Of course, someone could just download an image from a CE mark from the internet, and stick it on his equipment - but this obviously violates the six steps above.

And as far as I know there are no current EU regulations which can be applied to a LENR process.

But they will probably come after a while into place after LENR heating hits the market.

But since the regulation process is slow in the EU, that may take quite a while.

And untill then there will be no regulations in place.

Rossi says on JONP that the e-cat is based on low energy nuclear reactions.

So, I would say someone who wants to put a CE mark on an e-cat needs at least also to check if the e-cat (and the certification process) complies with all the directives listed here under the topics “nuclear safety” and “radiation protection”.

https://ec.europa.eu/energy/en/topics/nuclear-energy

In brief: By attaching an CE mark on an equipment, a manufacturer confirms that this equipment complies with all in the EU relevant codes and standards.

Depending on risk categories for such an equipment, this codes and standards quite often requires the involvement of third parties (“notified bodies”).

You can not just certify (“CE-mark”) each and every equipment on your own.

And these "amazing readers" can't be part of the 50 voters?

They can ... in an “amazingly low number” - and amazingly quiet otherwise.

Or can you point me to any “amazing” l-f user (And I don’t mean the kind of posters like AA, who are “amazing” in a different way)

At beginning of year 2018, Rossi talked about his plans for mass-production of e-cats in “robotized factories” in USA and Sweden.

Rossi on JONP: “I am optimist about the fact that in 2018 we will reach the massive industrialization phase. In these 2 months after the demo at the IVA of Stockholm we have added much progress to the Ecat QX in the direction of its industrialization.”

https://e-catworld.com/2017/12/31/commercial-lenr-in-2018/

https://e-catworld.com/2018/01/07/e-cat-qx-goals-clarified/

https://e-catworld.com/2018/01…unds-for-mass-production/

One year later, there isn’t any sign of ABB robots assembling 1MW plant after 1MW plant, not even one happy customer who proudly confirms that he gets clean and cheap energy made by e-cats, but instead Rossi talks now of a single 27kW e-cat installed in a secret place for a customer whose name he can’t tell.

What an achievement! :P

One 27kW heater, which supplies heat for 20% less the cost than the “customer” had to pay before (The energy cost for an ordinary heating unit).

Assuming that a 27kW space heater would in average only run with 10kW (and this only during the cold season) Rossi could easily install any ordinary heater, and adsorb the “finacial loss” by himself. - A testimony of a “customer” that his heating bill is down by 20% would be worth the money.

A poll for the most exciting LENR-story, and Bob Greenyers version of the “Story of O” (aka “O-Day”) is not in the list?

And how about the LION sequel?

(“LION part1” ... “LION part4”)

And Bob’s Ego ECCO trip to India - or is the Suhas story already too old?

(Same as the me356 story, which also could need a remake)

And why is no JohnyFive in the list, but the story of the “lovely gamma girls” is?

(Ok - I understand: “Sex sells”)

I am sure I missed some more LENR teaser (“the end of the carbon age is nigh” - announcements) from this year... other ones might want to add them on the poll-list.

Because the customer story is a the usual hoax in order to excite his supporters.

Rossi tries hard to keep his (remaining) supporters loyal, e.g by stupid name-giving contests on his blog.

Now he asks the cultists to find for their guru a name for the e-cat SK remote control software (pretending that such a thing would really exists).

I would suggest to call this E-CRAP for E-Cat Ridiculous Affectation Program.

Adrian,

This “demo” or whatever he calls it, will be a duplicate of the last “demos”.

A pathetic, non scientific, sleight of hand, believe whatever you want to believe sham, BUT, it will NOT provide evidence of above.

and no “costumer-confirmation”:

1. Frank Acland December 22, 2018 at 4:50 PM

Dear Andrea,

At the January 31st demonstration, will you be naming the customer that is currently using you 27kW E-Cat heater?

Many thanks,

Frank Acland

2. Andrea Rossi December 22, 2018 at 5:53 PM

Frank Acland

No. Hw wants not to be harassed.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

Heat it is he wants to sell isn't it?

Well, it seems that he constantly adjusts his business model:

For some time (in 2011) he wanted to sell the privilege to test his e-cat for $15 million.

Then he claimed to have already sold ten+ 1MW plants. And he sold regional distribution licenses.

For some time (in 2012) he then collected “non binding pre-orders” for home e-cats (certifications in course, green light from authorities) and claimed to be in talks with home-depot to organize the sale e-cats in their shops (“could happen within a year”).

And already in 2012 he claimed that the “robotized lines to produce the e-cats is already in production”. (“If within 16 months we will not have in operation this factory, I will pay you pizza and bier”)

Apparently, all this helped him to sell then the e-cat IP to some guys who later had to learn the hard way that they bought something worthless (but costed them more than $10 million, a lawsuit and surely headaches).

Last year Rossi was babbling about sale of e-cats (to be made by ABB robots in factories in USA and Sweden), before he changed to the latest business model, which is just the sell of heat (produced by remote controlled e-cats.)

Next year he might change his mind again. Maybe he will sell then books with blueprints and instruction how to build an e-cat - similliar to those books Sterling Allan used to sell on the Web for home-made magnetic motors.

I am sure he would still find some bozos who buy such a book - after all there are still people around who think / hope that Rossi “might have something”.

lol, because the latest news I am aware of, are: we want operate those things via internet, we place them inside the customer's plant, we made them secure against RE..... this all sounds to unbelievable.

The remote (from Rossi’s headquarter apartment in Miami Beach) controlled e-cat SK is anyway just an intermediate development.

The next evolution of e-cats will be the e-cat T.

T stands for Tesla, because same like Nikola Tesla’s wireless power transmission, the e-cat T will transmit heat wireless from Rossi’s headquater into your home.

Anyone who wants to try, please send me the gps coordinates of your home, and a couple of hundred dollars in advance, and I will heat your home with a prototype of such an apparatus.

It will not always work, because as we learned from the “lovely gammas”, the efficiency of LENR depends a bit on the constellation of the stars (mainly the sun).

However, I can guarantee you a temperature increase in your home almost every day around lunch time. :)

Axeman - the known and established liar / convicted criminal in this story is the R'ster. He is cornered into perpetuity as a confirmed liar from his deposition testimony in his litigation miscalculation. Lovers of the truth are going to dog him until he slinks away into 2nd rate real estate rental management.

The R'ster and his stooges cannot overcome his trail of lies, cheats and deception.

Maybe it comforts you and your IH friends to know that rossi is "terrorized" by the idea that e-cat investors could lose their money: ;)

... but a real estate guy. (He bought one more condo in November)

In my use of the english language, that's independent replication, not verification. Verification is when I say 'is that the moon up there, and you say 'yes, definitely', or alternatively, 'no, it's a streetlight'.

Ahh, I think I understand now what “independent verification” means:

In Rossi’s language “independent verification” is when Rossi says ‘this here is an e-cat and this here is dry steam’ and some retired Swedish profs say ‘ah, yes - it’s steam... interessting’.

How often was the e-cat “indipendintly verified”?

1. Frank Acland November 21, 2018 at 9:30 AM

Dear Andrea,

If a potential customer is interested in your E-Cat generated heat service, but is not fully convinced of its validity, can they arrange with you to witness a private test.

Many thanks,

Frank Acland

2. Andrea Rossi November 21, 2018 at 11:15 AM

Frank Acland:

Should I accept this I would receive several thousands of requests in a week…also from spies sent by competitors, or wannabe such. Our time is for our Customers, not for “not fully convinced” characters.

We allow private tests only after the signature of a contract.

Warm Regards,

A.R.

... and I bet the contract includes a NDA which doesn’t allow a paying customer to talk about the “findings”.

So they are- I treble checked- it was Ferrara. Apologies to all concerned. I'm too busy and obviously getting too old!

Exactly.

Here some gossip about this “mystery”:

http://www.quantumheat.org/ind…follow/follow-2/347-gamma

And as I said before, it appears that this “scary e-cat gamma burst events” only happened in Rossi’s workshop/labs.

No word of a gamma bursts in the Lugano report, Appendix 1 ‘Radiation measurements during the long-term test’

Strange, isn’t it? ;)

Quite a few places ...Maybe if 42 does flash search on lenrcanr.

e,g

Initiation of the Cold Fusion Reactions by Air Components
    Sergey A. Tsvetkov ∗ Zarechny 2012)

A few other places. Kobe 2018...San Francisco ~2015-2017 Essex 2018

... and also powerful gamma flashes happend in places like Hiroshima 1945, and recently (a year ago) in Punggye-ri / North Korea.

But in case that you wouldn’t have noticed, we are talking here in this Rossi thread not about nuclear bombs or claims of gamma rays in some labs etc, but we are talking here about anecdotes of gamma rays radiated from Rossi’s e-cat, and in particular Alan Smiths false claim that during the Lugano test some gamma ray flashes would have been reported.