PhysicsForDummies Verified User
  • Male
  • from San Diego CA USA
  • Member since Jan 8th 2018
  • Last Activity:

Posts by PhysicsForDummies

Mills deserves immortality just for discovering a self-sustaining plasma.

Axil, did he really discover this plasma? Where is the recipe for this plasma and has it been replicated? It is so hard to follow the truth about these things on this website, and way worse on ECW. Forget your chiral polaritons for a second and let's try to help prove them right or wrong.

Jed why are you so stuck on Pascal? I used it a long time ago but it really hasn't been used much in thirty years. Are you programming on a vintage 386 using Borland Turbo Pascal under DOS? Don't forget to configure himem.sys so you can get as much of that 640k as you can. :)

“IF” the experiment does not get the same results EVERYTIME, then it has not been replicated.

Something changed, this is science,

there is an answer, find it.

Perhaps Jed is suggesting a new theorem explaining Lenr experiment nonrepeatability, RUP (Rothwell Uncertainty Principle). But i would admit not every test has to have the same result. Just statistically significant differences not explainable by chance.

Jed, where do you come up with 14000 results? Why not 15000?

In your opinion, what is the single most irrefutable experiment of these 14000. And why has this greatest example not come to the forefront somehow. Can we talk to the people that know about and can duplicate the experiment? I assume they are dead too? I think it is time to revisit the most successful experiments and see if they can be duplicated.

To repeat my original question, "Can you name one of these people we can contact right now who will corroborate that they can repeatably reproduce LENR in a clearly power out > power in fashion, right now in a lab?"

So Jed, after reading what you said, I take it your answer is no? I only saw one name mentioned and that person is dead. I would like to see if we can get one of these crackpot list people onto this board to corroborate. I don't think the people are crackpot, I think the list is crackpot.

Jed, all theses crackpot lists (I am not calling the people crackpots) are always old and most of the people are dead or they were never able to reproduce the experiments. Can you name one of these people we can contact right now who will corroborate that they can repeatably reproduce LENR in a clearly power out > power in fashion, right now in a lab? I wish this person would start posting instructions. Please name names (not Rossi 😑) if there are hundreds, there should be one we can talk too.

Commercial apps are absolutely unnecessary.

Yes, I agree. We don't need a working reactor for sale to change the mindset. I think all that is needed is one repeatable "effect" (no I am not talking about the Rossi Effect, or Hutchison Effect). I like to think of the Photoelectric Effect, which helped launch a new understanding physics shortly after it's discovery. If somebody can just create a repeatable experiment that breaks the current laws of physics, that should be enough. Maybe something as simple as repeatable transmutations when they shouldn't happen. I don't believe conspiracy theories that the deep state or big oil or the physics establishment will crush it. I also go crazy when people claim all this has been done already, and give crackpot lists of unverified claims.

I think AA may be right, that there ARE other opinions. There's AA and Sam12's. That's one. There's Axil's. That's undefined. And then there's everybody

Axil divides by zero on a daily basis.

There is another set of opinions though, those that might be just too embarrassed to admit they were wrong and try to avoid stating a clear opinion and are hoping for a miracle. Perhaps Mats Lewan and Alan Smith are in that vein?

Look, we all know what is going on here. We all have our mental demons, failure to face reality, belief in false prophets, denial when we are wrong, lack of education and/or intelligence to find the truth. But most important is the belief by some that we don't know everything and what we don't know is more important than what we do know. There is no "settled science". Sorry to wax poetic but that is my mood tonight.

I don't have the time to read > 100 pages of old stuff to identify what could be new.

It looks like the end of the Hydrino story is H*(1/4). May be now Mills understands that only H*(1/4)2 could be stable with a higher energy sink. But his explanation that the energy is exactly the double of H*(1/4) is

I always considered Mill's theory a fascinating diversion from the "Standard Model". I was and I am still hoping it is true. It would explain my poor grades in my advanced Quantum Mechanics courses. I tried to read through this paper, this but was inundated with discussions of devices used. As now an engineer, I appreciated the importance of specifying these, but maybe in an appendix? I did only see reference to the 1/4 hydrino quantum number (if that what you are saying, my hydrino knowledge is scant). If this paper only concludes that there is one lower level/ 1/4 orbital, then what are the implications. Sorry for being an imbecile in these matters.

Director is adding immeasurably to this thread. It is great to have someone else making authoritative, scientific-sounding statements with absolutely nothing to back them up or give them even a shred of credibility. Can’t give Axil a monopoly afterall.

I can't wait for the publication of the "Theory of Chiral Surface Plasmon Polariton Spheromak Condensate Induced LENR" calculated using "Axil-Director Statistics" (ADS). Like Bones says in the Spock's Brain episode, "A child could do it!":)

Spock's Brain

A small team of a few tech savy engineers with a properly equipped lab and a couple people with an understanding of spheromaks could produce something equally as impressive in weeks.

I like the progression of these requirements It is along the lines of:

All they need is some duct tape, a paper clip, and a supply of Axil's transparent aluminum.

Adrian I am still trying to figure out the "circular" Boron Nitride you mentioned on ECW, as being better than Axil's current fixation with hexagonal BN. Can you explain? As far as I know there is no such thing. I can send a link to your post if you forgot about it.

So what is this job you need to get done during this 39 femtoseconds? It must be incredibly useful because of the massive amount of input energy from the focussed laser blast. And if it requires syncronization with anything else, good luck with that.

Another material that is totally transparent to XUV is transparent aluminum.

https://phys.org/news/2009-07-…rent-aluminium-state.html

Transparent aluminium is 'new state of matter'

Also from that link:

"the invisible effect lasted for only an extremely brief period - an estimated 40 femtoseconds"

How is this material that lasts 40 femtoseconds useful to Rossi? Or anyone?

I think you are taking Star Trek too seriously.

May I make a request of the moderators to not ban anyone based on any posts on this thread, nor remove any posts on this thread. Not only do I enjoy this banter but I am getting tired of censorship of different ideas on "social media". This country used to be about free speech. We the LENR passionates are already not considered mainstream. AA's ideas are in my mind incorrect however a fascinating insight into the human psyche.

Attention: Rossi trolles...Please demonstrate your mastery of all knowledge and disprove this theory from Rossi:

I am no expert in the standard model but I don't think this message board post by Rossi really qualifies as a theory, sounds more like hand waving. There may not be enough detail to prove or disprove. If it is in fact a theory, it would be the first physics theory I have seen that has no mathematical equations, except "T=1-2 eV". Has anyone been in contact with Carl-Oscar lately, and is he really even working on this?