La Tribune (high-impact French business journal) : an article on LENR published today

• Official Post

Jean-Paul Biberian confirm to me the publication today of an article on LENR/Cold Fusion in one of the few high impact business journal.
    I got a copy, and the general tone is positive. Brillouin Energy have translated it. Some websites have transcript in French.

[news=104,meta][/news]

• Official Post

I got a copy of the article (sorry copyrighted).

It is positive,
    "Cold Fusion, hopes of Green Nuclear Energy"
    The initial reaction to Fleischmann&Pons is quickly explained, and it talks of the research done since accross the world. It explains how things are getting industrial. Many names of companies or institutions having done research are listed. Cold Fusion is back in the news, mostly because of some US startups.

Michel Vandenberghe of LENR-Cities, Nicolas Chauvin of LENR-cars, Jean-Paul Biberian but also Julien Sase (independent researcher working on water-ammoniac system) are cited, beside the names of Leonardo corporation, Brillouin Energy, Nichenergy, Lenuco...

The tone is very positive, even if there is some imprecisions and for some details I would have supported different positions...

I take it as a beginning. This subject demand month of work, analysing contradictory data from various sources. It took me 3 month in 2011 before I changed my Linkedin account.

• Regarding LENR-Cities, it was a bit early to disclose information about our NUKEY project in the UK. We are developing a research project in the field of Nuclear Waste Remediation working with Chester / Thornton Science Park in the UK (Science park working on Energy) with some work to be done by two other well-known universities. Our ambition is to co-develop with partners a technology platform for Nuclear waste remediation solutions.

Developing a startup business which includes scientific research projects in the field of Energy requires an innovative business model and we are struggling to get funding to support our whole effort about research, fundng platform for disruptive technologies and education.

We have another project ready about energy production but we are lacking some funding for now. Wake up investors ... :)

• Hello David, Where is the 'Steve Jobs'CEO in the french industry. May be Niel. I have been said he had some interest about LENR.

It requires tons of mathematics and physics to prove things work but they work without them (tons of ...) but one needs them to be proven (it is not an affirmation but what people expect).

To prove what? That they work? Or that to think that we know how? LENR is not a scientific problem. It is about the way to solve a scientific problem. As usual, most managers ask for a proof. They should think what will happen when the proof will be there. They will only know that they do not know but it will be too late.. in the meantime, other will have built the way to kick their ass. It is as usual...

Remind that LENR is about a way to produce neutrons (see Allan Widom work for instance and more recentely the work of the swedish team ). Remind what Fermi said if we were able to 'play' with neutrons. .

• About the article: too few peut-êtres.
    Here are a couple of short raw Google Translate samples:

Cold Fusion, hopes for nuclear "green"
    After being criticized for a quarter century,
    the low-temperature nuclear fusion gaining
    credibility. Furthermore it promises abundant energy
    cheap and decentralized, it emits no radiation
    dangerous radioactive. Industry, universities, centers
    research and startups are mobilizing.
    - - - - -
    NEAR REACTOR MARKETING
    For now, most projects not exceed the laboratory stage prototype However, two of them seem close to market their products on the market.

Starting with the company Leonardo Corporation. Its LENR reactor, called E-Cat, which uses hydrogen and nanostructured powders nickel and lithium, was designed by the researcher-entrepreneur Andrea Rossi and researcher Sergio Focardi of the University of Bologna (Italy)In October 2014, E-Cat was the first reactor to be LENR an independent technical validation achieved notably by researchers the University of Bologna, University Uppsala (Sweden) and the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm. During thirty-two days, this tiny device 33 cm long and 12 cm in diameter reached a temperature between 1260 °C and 1400 °C, generated 1.5 MW, 3.2 to 3.6 times more energy than it consumed.

Currently, Andrea Rossi developing a range of prototypes E-Cat, from household generator 10 kilowatts to Station 1 MW.

• @H-G

I think the journalist has done a great job. It is not so easy to tell what is this and what is the status ? This forum is itself a proof about that. There's obviously some interpretation and misinterpretation but this is not the key point. An open mind approch is the most important beacause one needs first to have people asking questions.

About 'reactor'. In January last year we organized an event with scientists working on different topics but all related to LENR. LENR is transmutation, catalyst, energy, superconductivity and more.
    It seems that LENR is about getting some quantic effect at higher scale of organization of the Matter. it is why we have chosen the term "Nanoscale" to make the brigde.

• Official Post

Giving synthetic information is very difficult in that domain, as many "evidences" suffer from weaknesses that can be mitigated by some effort, by correlations, by deep analysis...
    Usually this is done by trusting some third party, who have done the analysis, but here the subject is so radioactive that many parties are emotionally involved in an irrational position, or accused by emotionally biased to be so.
    Only deep intimate analysis can give a fair result.

The journalist have tried to make that himself by interview, and to transcript the result to the public.
    Not easy in less than a book.

I think interested people wondering what is LENR should simply contact stakeholder, get documentation, references, raise critics and question, analyse answers and cycle that way for few time.

It took me 3 month in 2011-2012, and many point are still open or have been reverted.

Maybe it is time to exchange, and more intimately, more extensively than on a forum.

• Official Post

Just one point that amaze me, the lack of coverage of that recent move.

Aggressive, dubious or enthusiastic, there should be reaction...

:whistling:

OK I admit; I'm not at all surprised, 8) situation is psychiatric.
    If LENR was as skeptic says, La Tribune would be insulted in public.
    If LENR was dubious, La Tribune should be criticized for over-optimism.
    If Science and Media were rational, they should be from dubious to enthusiastic.
    If finance was independent from media and ideology it should be frenetic. (In fact it is, discretely, locally, like Woodford, Elforsk, Darden, China, Norway, Navy).

My interpretation is that the subject is so irrationally attacked that information cannot be propagated, nor criticized.
    Thomas Kuhn was speaking of "incommensurable" paradigm.
    We have discovered "intransmissible" facts.

All hypothesis of rationality are eliminated.

• Official Post

I've found recently the translation by Brillouin Energy of La Tribune article
    http://brillouinenergy.com/wp-…aTribune-2016-02-11-1.pdf

Thanks for it.

About Thornton park cited in the article
    here is a presentation of the global project
    http://www.ukspa.org.uk/sites/default/files/Thornton Science Park & Irish Sea RimV1.pdf

Let us say it is name dropping.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.