The Playground

• FM1 - I remember one RCT on auto-immune stuff. If there are others with better positive results I'd be interested.

Catch up

Vitamin D and marine omega 3 fatty acid supplementation and incident autoimmune disease: VITAL randomized controlled trial

https://www.bmj.com/content/37…atistically%20significant).

Vitamin D Resistance as a Possible Cause of Autoimmune Diseases: A Hypothesis Confirmed by a Therapeutic High-Dose Vitamin D Protocol

Vitamin D Resistance as a Possible Cause of Autoimmune Diseases: A Hypothesis Confirmed by a Therapeutic High-Dose Vitamin D Protocol
    Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) is a secosteroid and prohormone which is metabolized in various tissues to the biologically most active vitamin D hormone…
    www.frontiersin.org

• Conclusions Vitamin D supplementation for five years, with or without omega 3 fatty acids, reduced autoimmune disease by 22%, while omega 3 fatty acid supplementation with or without vitamin D reduced the autoimmune disease rate by 15% (not statistically significant). Both treatment arms showed larger effects than the reference arm (vitamin D placebo and omega 3 fatty acid placebo).

That I agree - it was what I mentioned in my first post. It is a small but useful reduction. Just FYI it is not clear how much of the effect is Vit D and how much is omega-3.

The 2nd article is however very speculative.

• Uruguay Judge Suspends All COVID-19 Vaccinations for Children Under 13 to Probe for Risks, Quality Issues

Uruguay Judge Suspends All COVID-19 Vaccinations for Children Under 13 to Probe for Risks, Quality Issues
    A judge in Uruguay made an unprecedented move issuing an injunction to suspend the administration of the COVID-19 vaccines temporarily in children. Judge…
    www.trialsitenews.com

A judge in Uruguay made an unprecedented move issuing an injunction to suspend the administration of the COVID-19 vaccines temporarily in children. Judge Alejandra Recarey seeks to inquire into the safety and quality of the vaccines for children including whether there are any so-called nanoparticle elements in the products. Now the judicial branch of this South American nation has put both the Ministry of Public Health, the State Health Services Administration, and the Presidency itself on notice—all centers of executive branch power must submit all documents associated with the COVID-19 vaccines within a 48-hour period. A hearing was planned for Wednesday. The Uruguay media emphasized the meeting was mandatory for the named parties. On the agenda of the court are the potential liabilities for adverse effects associated with the COVID-19 vaccines in the context of government procurement agreements. Moreover, the court will probe for vaccine ingredients or elements not heretofore disclosed, including graphene oxide or nanotechnological elements. According to the Undersecretary of Health, the Ministry of Public Health is appealing Judge Recarey’s actions. North American mainstream media are characterizing the judge as part of an “anti-vaccine” movement.

• Note that no government has yet thought it worth going for a "tweaked" vaccine just to reduce transmission of the current variant.

On the contrary, Uncle Sam and the pharma companies announced they will have BA.4 and BA.5 vaccines by October 2022.

F.D.A. Says Next Covid Boosters Should Target Omicron Subvariants
    The decision was an acknowledgment that the current shots may no longer be as protective for at least some Americans by the time a possible fall or winter…
    www.nytimes.com

QUOTE:

The [FDA] recommended that manufacturers produce a so-called bivalent vaccine targeting BA.4 and BA.5 along with the original coronavirus, believing that a match between current variants and the updated booster could provide stronger and more durable protection against whatever is in greater circulation months from now.

• Your second sentence said it all. 99% recover from Covid.

Incorrect. 98% of all age groups survive COVID, but many of those survivors suffer long haul symptoms. Many may never climb stairs, taste food or have sex again. Those are severe consequences.

For people over 70, ~5% of unvaccinated people die, according to most sources. Would you play Russian roulette with a 20-chamber pistol?

The vaccine narrative is a hoax.

The vaccines greatly reduce the severity of the disease, and in nearly every case they eliminate long haul symptoms. They reduce the likelihood of infection.

Those are facts. Your unfounded opinions and conspiracy theory bullshit does not contradict facts. You need to learn science before you kill yourself by pissing on a high voltage powerline. Okay, you would not do that. But several ignorant people have done that, and not believing in vaccinations is every bit as stupid as they were.

• That is good news

• Incorrect maybe a 15% reduction but our old friend hux will tell you, that is statistically insignificant

Long COVID risk falls only slightly after vaccination, huge study shows

Results suggest that vaccines offer less protection against lingering symptoms than expected

https://www.nature.com/article…gher%20protection%20rates.

• Long COVID risk falls only slightly after vaccination, huge study show

This only holds if you include the old delta cases. What we hear is that vaccinated have far more severe disease with BA.5 than unvaxx. Also long Covid for vaccinated after delta is far more terrifying than for unvaxx.

A we know since August 2021 where the pandemic of the "vaccinated" took off.

The [FDA] recommended that manufacturers produce a so-called bivalent vaccine targeting BA.4 and BA.5 along with the original coronavirus,

If they still use the Spike protein then they will potentially millions of people due to very strong immune suppression following BA.6 ... BA.x infection...

As studies did show as single RNA shot gives the best long time protection. Each added shot makes the response more narrow and more immune suppressive.

• Thanks for that. That paper shows clearly how difficult it is to get accurate info on Long Covid.

The researchers found that vaccination seemed to reduce the likelihood of long COVID in people who had been infected by only about 15%. That’s in contrast to previous, smaller studies, which have found much higher protection rates. It’s also a departure from another large study5, which analysed self-reported data from 1.2 million UK smartphone users and found that two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine halved the risk of long COVID.

The authors of the latest study also compared symptoms such as brain fog and fatigue in vaccinated and unvaccinated people for up to six months after they tested positive for SARS-CoV-2. The team found no difference in type or severity of symptoms between those who had been vaccinated and those who had not. “Those same fingerprints we see in people who have breakthrough infections,” Al-Aly says.

There have been more than 83 million COVID-19 infections in the United States alone, he notes. If even a small percentage of those turn into long COVID, “that’s a staggeringly high number of people affected by a disease that remains mysterious”.

• It is one big observational study showing 15% positive effect.
    • It references one big, several small, studies showing much higher positive effect.
    • Big or small, it is difficult to get accurate results from long Covid observational studies.

We thus do not know. FM1 is correct in noting that there is not good evidence that vaccination reduces Long Covid a lot. He is wrong in thinking the headline from that paper means we have evidence vaccination does not reduce Long Covid a lot.

So far:

• Vaccination reduces Long Covid at least a bit (very likely)
    • How much is Long Covid reduced by vaccination? Don't know.

Realistically, we will not be staying with 1st gen vaccines for much longer. The US will have BA4-5 + original mixed vaccine in October. Other countries will follow (if it works at national level to reduce disease burden). So these questions of VE will shift to newer vaccines.

We can expect better non-mRNA vaccines as well - but they take longer to make or tweak.

We can hope for better treatments. Antivirals as always seem really difficult to find: and don't seem to be as good as promised. That however is what we might expect given the difficulties in finding really good antivirals for other similar viruses.

• Ivermectin. Does not work
    • Paxlovid. Works pretty well (much published viral rebound 1%-2%). In UK is only allowed for those at highest risk: but then those are the ones it is most important to help. We will have more info, and maybe looser guidelines, after the PANORAMIC trialreports
    • Molnupiravir. Concerns over mutagenicity. Does not work as well as Paxlovid.

Covid will continue to evolve. The best case is we end up with the sort of protection we have for Flu, and probably much better understanding of the long-term (vascular bleeding etc) nasties, and ways to help with them.

Flu is still a major killer of mainly the old. You can bet Covid will remain that too. The major differentiator is Long Covid which affects old and young. Maybe trials like PANORAMIC will give us good info on whether antivirals help prevent Long Covid.

THH

• Flu is still a major killer of mainly the old. You can bet Covid will remain that too.

Omicron currently is at least 10x milder than teh mildest flue. So in fact it will reduce the deaths from classic corona that are pretty high among older people and young children.

The only vaccine that so far works is from Cuba. RNA vaccination will stay in the labs for an other 20 years as these simply do not work. Over all RNA "vaccines" did cause more death than without vaccines. This has been proven by Pfizer/Moderna in their 6 months report (phase III study).

In fact RNA only triggers an allergy reaction with a point like Ig-g. The worst possible outcome from a "vaccine"...

• Omicrom very very rarely leads to long COVID. Early studies show maybe 4%. Delta is as high as 30%. Omicrom doesn't infect the lungs. Delta, vascular disease, omicrom, upper respiratory disease. Good luck with the next gen vax for a cold.

• Whether 15% is statistically insignificant depends on the sample size and other factors.

For example that 15% Vit D + omega-3 autoimmune improvement is pretty definite.

Yes it was a 5year study and used the NIH baselone of 20 ng/mL. More recent observational study using 50 ng/mL showed a much higher effect. It's not your RCT but it's a very well organized study that when I posted you completely ignored or dismissed.

• Now you show your ignorance, never once have I've said anyone over 65 should not get vaccinated. I do have a problem with boosters over efficacy. I and my whole family have been vaccinated and my wife was boosted last September. Since we have all become infected my wife and I here in Florida and the kids elsewhere. My grand kids not vaccinated and living in homes with infected parents have not. I have advocated for early treatment for all and believe vitamin d is the key! I post studies and articles that run counter to mainstream so you feel free to insult me or my intelligence. You made some very good statements on the vaccine early on that have been proven wrong yet not once have you acknowledged those mistakes. I really at this point don't care what you think of me, you've proven to be wrong about the vaccine and maybe you might realize your wrong in your opinion of me. For the majority of the population, the vaccine has no effect.

• Long COVID risk falls only slightly after vaccination, huge study shows

Nope. It says:

Vaccination against SARS-CoV-2 lowers the risk of long COVID after infection by only about 15%, according to a study of more than 13 million people.

Assuming that is true, and the other studies are wrong, it still reduces the overall risk of long COVID by more than 15%, because it also lowers the risk of infection. You don't get COVID in the first place, so there is no "after infection."

Furthermore, these stats have many confounding factors. See:

How durable is immune protection vs. severe Omicron-based infections after 3rd shot mRNA boosters?
    Introduction In winter and spring 2021, hope was high that mRNA vaccines were going to be able to bring herd immunity and end the pandemic if enough were…
    www.covid-datascience.com

• Now you show your ignorance, never once have I've said anyone over 65 should not get vaccinated.

No, you have only repeated toxic lies about the vaccines that would give anyone foolish enough to believe them the impression the vaccines are dangerous and ineffective. As Tucker Carlson says, you are only asking questions, not questioning science.

"Seatbelts are a known hazard for too many reasons to list, and everyone knows they kill more people than they save. But I never said you should not wear them. Just know the facts before you buckle up and throw away your life for no reason."

• 98% of all age groups survive COVID, but many of those survivors suffer long haul symptoms. Many may never climb stairs, taste food or have sex again. Those are severe consequences.

The last one of the three is not so severe. It is very common already as a result of the widespread pre-existent condition called marriage long haul syndrome.

• No, you have only repeated toxic lies about the vaccines that would give anyone foolish enough to believe them the impression the vaccines are dangerous and ineffective. As Tucker Carlson says, you are only asking questions, not questioning science.

"Seatbelts are a known hazard for too many reasons to list, and everyone knows they kill more people than they save. But I never said you should not wear them. Just know the facts before you buckle up and throw away your life for no reason."

And since when does asking questions not relate to science. My how the pandemic has changed the way we approach problems. Do as I say! Why? Because!!!!!

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.