Rossi: “Steam Was Superheated” in 1MW Plant Test

that Rossi has absolutely no technical training in nuclear physics...his "science" degree is from a mail-order diploma mill that was shut down for fraud for gods sake, but the notion that this unqualified fraudster would be the one to bring proton-lithium cold fusion to the world and at a COP~50 to boot, while no other scientist on the planet has even come close?

Oh! Was this a question? I only saw it as the usual ranting of assumptions and a rhetorical ?-mark. The answer is of course that you're totally lost in your reasoning, trying to mix things that do not have any relevance to each other. I see it merely as a sign of your confusion (best case).

Perhaps you should. Maybe you could start with explaining what you mean by "a heating element loosely coupled to both the hot core and the primary system." What would it look like? What mass would it have? How large would it be? What would it be made of? Where specifically would it be connected, and by what means? Do you think it was purposely "loosely coupled" by Rossi because Rossi was keen enough to have the forethought to anticipate your attack on the test, and did the loose coupling to throw you off? That is one smart cookie, that Rossi.

All Rossi's devices have a heater. In this case, to explain what was observed, the heating element needs to heat both a "hot core" with a large thermal mass and the primary water circuit. In order to explain accurately the rise and decay times of temperature in different parts of the experiment you need the heater not to be connected so tightly to either the primary circuit or the core that they have identical temperature. That "not identical temperature" is loose coupling. It always happens, and the exact thermal design is always unknown unless you cut the whole thing open. I'm not sure why you believe this a big deal.

Jed's problem was a lack of imagination (or possibly a lack of physical intuition). Either he did not consider the possibility of a high temperature metal core holding heat - or he did not realise that could account for the "self-sustained mode" heat. The experiment was superficially impressive because so much heat was shown after the supply was (basically) switched off. But, you must remember the long heating period before hand, and have the imagination to realise that a hot metal core could be pushed up to quite a high temperature by the heater during that period.

In many ways that device was the cleverest of Rossi's demos.

Ascoli65 - at the time and reprised recently - did the analysis for weight, temperature, heat, etc. Mats recently summarised this, drawing his preferred "this must work because..." conclusion, by making an obvious mistake forgetting to subtract the water to fill up the device (as Ascoli here noted) that puts the figures out by a large factor. Done correctly they match nicely. You should check with Ascoli65 because he did the original detailed work, but I can't find problems with his work.

• With the Zoepfl guy uncovered there is another goldmine of astroturfing to dig. Here we can see how the IH / Apco social media experts is building their narrative. Zoepfl works hard to play Darden et al as ignorant fools and here he comes to our friend Weaver...

Quote from "IH ECN astroturfer in command - Fred Zoepfl"

That “someone” was your good buddy Dewey Weaver (aka NCkhawk). Dewey’s knowledge of thermodynamics is only exceeded by his vast knowledge of nuclear physics. This goofball is more interesting than you might think. I suspect he is Darden’s buddy, and he may well have been the one who convinced Darden and Vaughn that cold fusion/LENR was real and caused them to found IH. He must feel like a real schmuck right about now. He cost them millions of $ and years of time, and got them to be the defendant in a lawsuit filed by a lunatic in Florida.

• Sifferkoll - where do you get this stuff from? I can only interpret this as a sign of effectiveness but not on your part. You're welcome to continue your slander and libel campaign - it is very helpful for upcoming remedies.

We have an interesting couple of weeks ahead - sitting tight for now.

• We have an interesting couple of weeks ahead - sitting tight for now

Ha, the good ole Rossi strategy: hang on, something is in the tubes

For now Dooie you've been promising a lot and delivering nada. Could you or your automation crank it up a bit and start providing entertainment?

• Quote from "Weaver"

Sifferkoll - where do you get this stuff from?

ECN actually. Your friend Fred Zoepfl wrote it. Really nice guy, eh?

BTW! I've been searching for the real astroturfing operatives as well and found one. On ECN he calls himself "Frank" ... But this guy is made to be a team. (I have to give Tom some credit here, he has far to much .... personality ... to be a team. Really diffucult to imposter)

http://www.sifferkoll.se/siffe…stroturfing-professional/

Who the heck is Fred Zoepfl? The name sounds like it might have fallen right out of the Rossi songbook.

Oh, he is definately an IH insider as I shown, so he is in your team Dewey, to execute the anti-Lenr-anti-Rossi agenda. He's a little rude though, dont you think? But hey, someone thought it was worth it ...

Sifferkoll - Where are you getting this information from?

Are you asking because you dont know, or do you only want my source? I'm actually entertaining the possibility that you are not completely in the big game here ... or? However I would call it a result of some rumors but mostly by researching ECN, logfiles, asking some questions and putting available pieces together. As you know, people tend to leave a lot of tracks on the net.

• Quote from "DW"

Have you considered that it might be more lucrative and less damaging to your future for you to consider spending your time tracking Sasquatch instead?

Actually no. Tell me all about it! Is it really THAT lucrative? Isn't it dangerous ... :D

• The experiment was superficially impressive because so much heat was shown after the supply was (basically) switched off. But, you must remember the long heating period before hand, and have the imagination to realise that a hot metal core could be pushed up to quite a high temperature by the heater during that period.

The MFMP did some experiments sometime back, heating up a system similar to the HotCat using just joule heating. Did they observe this "hot core" phenomenon that has been proposed? I assume the suggestion is that there's a great deal of heat that builds up in the core due to high thermal mass which is then released over a long period of time, being mistaken for a self-sustaining reaction. If so, I think one should see the behavior in the calibration runs, including ones by MFMP, if the materials are right.

I missed which specific tests this suggestion was proposed for.

• Jed's problem was a lack of imagination (or possibly a lack of physical intuition). Either he did not consider the possibility of a high temperature metal core holding heat - or he did not realise that could account for the "self-sustained mode" heat. The experiment was superficially impressive because so much heat was shown after the supply was (basically) switched off. But, you must remember the long heating period before hand, and have the imagination to realise that a hot metal core could be pushed up to quite a high temperature by the heater during that period.

He did realize this and he refuted it.

• Sifferkoll - where do you get this stuff from? I can only interpret this as a sign of effectiveness but not on your part. You're welcome to continue your slander and libel campaign - it is very helpful for upcoming remedies.

We have an interesting…

While I don't agree with all of Sifferkoll' tactics, and I'm not convinced that Zoepfl is in IH's court based on those quotes, I don't see how speculating on a Zoepfl / IH / Apco connection could be libelous in any way, much less slanderous. Doth protest too much, methinks.

• All Rossi's devices have a heater. In this case, to explain what was observed, the heating element needs to heat both a "hot core" with a large thermal mass and the primary water circuit. In order to explain accurately the rise and decay times of temperature in different parts of the experiment you need the heater not to be connected so tightly to either the primary circuit or the core that they have identical temperature. That "not identical temperature" is loose coupling. It always happens, and the exact thermal design is always unknown unless you cut the whole thing open.

There was a wafer at the bottom of the unit. You can see it when it is opened up.

https://www.google.com/patents/US9115913?dq=9115913&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiK45OQioLNAhVW8mMKHSU2DyIQ6AEIHDAA

Look at FIG. 3 of the patent. You will see how the wafer is likely constructed. And you will see how tight the coupling between the heater and the heating elements is.

Your "loose coupling" conjecture arises as an unlikely explanation for the temperature behavior.

• If any single quote strongly indicates Zoepfl to be a hard core insider it is this one. He states the exact amount paid to Rossi by IH, long before we could read it in the complaint.

Quote from "Fred Zoepfl (March 10 on ECN)"

IH paid Rossi/Leonardo $11.5 million instead of the usual $50K to $100K that the other suckers paid. Why so much? Because IH was supposed to own the IP. I imagine it’s tough for a pathological liar like Rossi to keep up with all his lies, or maybe all is not copacetic between Rossi and IH.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.