Rossi-Blog Comment Discussion

• LED is probably chosen because just switch on means a very constant load anticipated, which is probably required with the current status of his device due to complications of control.

I wonder whether Rossi anticipated LED dimming.
    LED dimming usually is done by power modulation which might be disadvantageous for the current ECAT.

Dimming option is an absolute requirement that needs to be included.

Rob, you are analyzing this as if a real "product" exists. Why?

This will be just a cobbled together set of LEDs fed from the mains.

The reason Rossi went this route is because LED efficiency throws a layer of obfuscation that will allow him to claim nonsense which his minions will accept.

This single unit "SKLed" ploy will ensure he can't/won't test the power in and out of the actual ecat skl (if such a thing really exists).

Here is a quick sanity check. Rossisays they will manufacture 1 million a year, and that they are manufactured by Leonardo Corporation.

Yet Leonardo Corporation has no verifiable employees, no sign of hiring anyone, nobody on Linked In, no job posts on Monster or Indeed.

For all the years Rossi has talked about partners, there was only ever one: IH. How did that turn out?

• you don't need in-, out power measurements if you can calculate how big volume is needed to power a led for a year with known energy sources (assuming the device is not connected to the mains)

• By saying nah nah nah .. you're missing out on the fun of a rossi-saga

R: It is designed to make light with a dramatically high efficiency, by orders of magnitude higher that the best existing LED illumination systems (220 LM/W).

ONE order of magnitude = 220 * 10 LM/W * 200W = 440,000 LM
    (Of course, in Rossi-speak "orders" might mean 10% )

Here's a commercial 200W for $439 :
    https://www.bestlightingbuy.com/200w-led-floodlight.html

200 W 17,000 LM = 85 LM/W
    It runs on a range of voltage levels.. 85-265, so let's pick 100
    200W/100V = 2 A

R: Yes, the life is expected to be many years, 24 hours per day, without necessity of a recharge.

Many = 5 ?

EDIT : Ignore vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Brain flatulence. I slipped into thinking self-sustaining.
    So .... COP and all that.

200W * 24 hrs *365 days * 5 yrs / 1000 = 8,760 kWH = 8 MWH (/ hr in rossi-speak)
    Don't have a Rogone(?) plot handy but even at the size of the 'box' above ... that would be a pretty high energy density.

Edit :

The volume of that box is 16 L

Energy density = 8,760,000 / 16 = 574,500 wH / L
    Lithium Battery : 1,000 wH / L

• you don't need in-, out power measurements if you can calculate how big volume is needed to power a led for a year with known energy sources (assuming the device is not connected to the mains)

Rossi already said it runs off the mains. He apparently gave up on closed loop. (I'm being generous here in assuming he was working on it, not just blogging a fairytale)

• Q: What person educated in physics doesn't know what an order of magnitude is?

A: None. Rossi is not educated in physics. He is a philosopher and con man. Those people cannot convert between Celsius and Kelvin.

Rossi's miSKLed must outperform current LED's by over 200x to meet his "orders of magnitude".

• PFD, you should relax a bit and not jump on every poster that, according to your interpretation, posts as pro-Rossi fan.

Just to refresh your memory, I am neutral as far as Rossi's claims. I don't have any hard proof that he has what he claims.

I haven't seen any poster at LF that has hard proof that Rossi does not have anything.

• Rossi is clearly working hard on his next excuse for a delay... I paraphrase.. "It all works great driving LEDs, now all we need to do is solve the difficult task of making a grid connection"..

• Rossi is clearly working hard on his next excuse for a delay... I paraphrase.. "It all works great driving LEDs, now all we need to do is solve the difficult task of making a grid connection"..

It's the opposite. To minimize delay Leonardo will be selling the easy-to-implement SKLed lickety-split, probably starting at the demo. Harder implementations such as devices that can feed power to the grid will come later.

• PFD, you should relax a bit and not jump on every poster that, according to your interpretation, posts as pro-Rossi fan.

Just to refresh your memory, I am neutral as far as Rossi's claims. I don't have any hard proof that he has what he claims.

I haven't seen any poster at LF that has hard proof that Rossi does not have anything.

Rob, I'm not trying to pick on you. I just think it is a bad idea to assume something with no evidence at all (the E-Cat SKL)

and make all sorts of logical extrapolations based on this incorrect assumption.

That is science fiction. Assume something like faster than light travel is possible, and all sorts of speculation become possible.

That is fun and all, but it is fiction.

This type of fiction about the ecat is a smokescreen that distracts from the hard proven fact that Rossi is a scammer,

proven in court dockets.

This is the Wild West Rossi thread. Don't take it personally.

If you can't take the heat, get thee to a nunnery! (or ECW)

I've taken lots more flack than this post.

Sam called me uglier than my wife for gosh sake :)

• 10 years later, Rossi fans have to have a good sense of humor, and I think most here do. However, they do like to occasionally talk shop without interference from the rest of us, and we have to be mindful of that. There is a time for being serious, and a time to have a good laugh at the man.

• I haven’t followed AR in a long time. But I think this latest series of posts should be a true end to his long years of claiming to have a breakthrough with LENR.

What is he advertising now? A more efficient LED light that plugs into an outlet. This is a classic bait and switch. Now his followers are excited about more efficient lighting. No gamma rays will be coming off that thing. And it has nothing to do with LENR. Let’s see one of his bulbs tested against other LEDs to see how it performs.

Dozens of other companies and researchers have been working on producing more efficient LEDs for years. I highly doubt that AR has beaten the field in this area with some new breakthrough.

• Rossi's miSKLed must outperform current LED's by over 200x to meet his "orders of magnitude".

If I wanted to be picky I'd say 100x rather than 200x, but I'm not (apart from my nose) so I won't.

The reason Rossi went this route is because LED efficiency throws a layer of obfuscation that will allow him to claim nonsense which his minions will accept.

This could be, but I'd like to think we're smarter than that.

Let’s see one of his bulbs tested against other LEDs to see how it performs.

Yes, here's a lux meter free way to check.

1)Obtain an SKLed

2)Measure its power consumption

3)Obtain an appropriate amount of off the shelf LEDs to match the SKLed's power consumption.

4)Cluster them together, plug them all in.

5)If by visual inspection they are comparable in light output to the SKLed, it's a bust.

6)If they are much less bright, much less than half the brightness of the SKLed, the SKLed is generating power.

(This is because an LED is about 50 percent efficient converting electricity to visible light)

There is a time for being serious, and a time to have a good laugh at the man.

If Rossi's SKLed works as claimed it will be a time for skeptics to hastily reexamine their Bayesian priors.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• R: The choice to plug the Ecat SKLed to the outlet of the grid is just for practic reasons: we could also make a version with a battery: maybe a good idea.

Q: Can the current SKLed be powered by DC, or must AC be used?
    R: Now it’s only AC, because it is more common. Everybody has AC outlets, while in case of DC you need a DC alimentation. As Tesla said, AC is better than DC

R: The Ecat SKLed does not have fittings, it is one cubic box with Ecat and lamp incorporated jointly.

• Q: I don’t fully understand. LEDs are already efficient and need to be connected to power. The SKLed incremental improvement of a tiny decrease in power consumption seems like an anti-climax. Why not just produce electricity or heat?

R: We’ll see. Electricity and heat production will follow suit. Climax is not an issue. We prefer an easy start.