LENR vs Solar/Wind, and emerging Green Technologies.

• A Million-Mile Battery From China Could Power Your Electric Car: Chinese Company Linked To Tesla Says It Is Ready To Start Making ‘Million-Mile’ EV Battery To be clear, CATL’s battery tech doesn’t give drivers a million miles on a single charge (that day is still a ways off). The Chinese behemoth that makes electric-car batteries for Tesla Inc. and Volkswagen AG developed a power pack that lasts more than a million miles -- an industry landmark and a potential boon for automakers trying to sway drivers to their EV models. Contemporary Amperex Technology Co. Ltd. (CATL) is ready to produce a battery that lasts 16 years and 2 million kilometers (1.24 million miles). The sources said CATL also plans to supply Tesla in China next year with an improved long-life nickel-manganese-cobalt (NMC) battery whose cathode is 50% nickel and only 20% cobalt.

Foreign automakers were required to partner with Chinese-owned factories if they wanted to sell cars in China or else face a steep tariff (this is how rich get richer: which other country could afford it?). On Monday, BMW also announced that it would buy €4 billion ($4.7 billion) in battery cells from CATL, which already has factories in China. €1.5 billion ($1.7 billion) of BMW's purchases would be made in the EU and €2.5 billion ($2.9 billion) would be made in China. The cost of CATL’s cobalt-free lithium iron phosphate battery packs has fallen below $80 per kilowatt-hour, with the cost of the battery cells dropping below $60/kWh, the sources said. CATL’s low-cobalt NMC battery packs are close to $100/kWh, which is the level at which electric vehicles reach "rough parity" with internal combustion competitors. See also: Chinese firm will build battery factory in Germany to supply BMW, Volkswagen Meanwhile, a Chinese firm hopes to build a large battery factory in Erfurt, a city in the eastern German province of Thuringia, which is scheduled to start producing lithium-ion car batteries in 2021.. Tesla is also considering opening its own "gigafactory" car battery plant in England. Tesla now jointly produces nickel-cobalt-aluminum (NCA) batteries with Panasonic (6752.T) at a “gigafactory” in Nevada, and buys NMC batteries from LG Chem (051910.KS) in China. See video: Tesla and CATL's One-Million-Mile Battery Is Ready for Production

Zephir is saying that tax money expenditures alone count in this debate, and people's lives and health mean nothing and are worth nothing. This is outrageous.

This is indeed progressivist propaganda, Jed :rolleyes: Once I'm out of this forum for just a moment, new re-interpretations and denunciations of my stance immediately emerge.. Please never repeat what I'm saying without exact quote (like I'm used to do), because it would just reveal, you don't understand my arguments at all. Because you don't really want to.

Main reason why I'm upset with "renewables" of course is, that they increase net fossil fuel consumption, thus bringing all these life environment, geopolitical and health issues, which you're talking about. Just through another developing countries, which produce raw sources for "renewables". They even fail in keeping prices of oil and its totalitarian regimes down, because they escalate fossil fuel demand on background. The shale gas industry and tar sands in Canada is actually what keeps oil prices down. I'm convinced environmentalist in fact and I don't want to have landscape covered with grids, wind and solar plants in the same way, like with giant fossil and nuclear plants. With "renewables" we are just delaying final solution of energetics - which resides in overunity and cold fusion technologies - on the verge of environmental and geopolitical collapse.

And who is responsible for all of it this time? Proverbial fossil fuel lobby? Nope - just our "green" and "renewable" scientists. The fish smells by its head and this is where smell currently comes from.

• and tar sands in Canada is actually what keeps oil prices down.

Zephir... you are on a sticky wicket with tar sands..actually... no way do tar sands keep oil prices down.. Canada's taxpayers do..

Tar sands are hardly a posterchild for fossil fuels

Since 1989 I am part owner of a patented technology for dewatering oil sand tailings with fly-ash . it works...

but am I still interested in contending with dinosaurSyncrude/ Suncor engineers.. ?

no way ..

. the oil sands are an ecological and economic disaster for Canada ..as far as the eye can see.. and the huge tailings ponds haven't even broken yet

http://climatestate.com/2014/0…operation-aerial-footage/

https://business.financialpost…ronmental-fears-in-canada

The oilsands needs 60USD/barrel to breakeven even with massive taxpayer subsidy..

Canada subsidises fossil fuels

to the tune of 60 billion /year..

https://thenarwhal.ca/canadas-…canadian-its-got-to-stop/

https://www.iisd.org/faq/unpac…as-fossil-fuel-subsidies/

• @Nozin There should be overunity effect connected with repeated expansion of magnetic domains within ferromagnetics. Best of all, on similar principle another seemingly unrelated technologies may be also working. It all depends, if you believe in Dirac concept of quantum objects running backward in time. Because once such an object would exist, it would also violate entropic time arrow. I can explain this principle in more details, if some gets interested.

you are on a sticky wicket with tar sands..actually... no way do tar sands keep oil prices down.. Canada's taxpayers do

I can not imagine how taxpayers could keep price of some raw source down. Could we for example keep prices of gold low by paying taxes?

• can not imagine how taxpayers could keep price of some raw source down.

Zephir that's the irony,, the Canadain tax paye effectively pays billions to support filthy oild sands exraction

and it reduces the price of oil by a few cents some days...

Certainly if the oil sands effect of reducing oil price exists as you assert ..

it would not exist without huge..Canadian government subsidy..

The current low prices of oil of course are not due to oils sands

https://business.financialpost…as-oilsands-face-shut-ins

Energy research firm Wood Mackenzie believes higher cost oil-producing formations

around the world would need to shut in production amid the oil price rout, unlike in 2014 when sub US$35 per barrel Brent oil prices lasted for only one quarter.

These prices are well below the break-even cost for the Canadian oilsands producers, which risks posting massive losses this year as low prices persist.

“Canada’s oilsands are at the upper end of the (cost) curve, even in a benign price environment,” said Fraser McKay, vice-president, upstream at Wood Mackenzie, in a report released Friday.

wcs-march-27-1.png?w=640

• There should be overunity effect connected with repeated expansion of magnetic domains within ferromagnetics.

The only known overunity effect is seen in the national banks that print an infinite amount of money they give to a small set of extremely rich people for the bring in of shares they manipulated (called repo) .You can easily see this today as these folks desperately manipulated all stock exchanges to recover their gigantic losses albeit in reality all markets should trade at least 30% lower.

• The shale gas industry and tar sands in Canada is actually what keeps oil prices down.

break Even price for tar sands is some 60 USD pr. Barrel.

Which means the private companies doing tar sands is now losing Money.

It is global overproduction and reduced consumption caused by Covid-19 that keeps the price down.

Simple economics of supply and demand.

• Main reason why I'm upset with "renewables" of course is, that they increase net fossil fuel consumption, ....

Again Zephir, you deny all the research studies on energy payback time?

Energy payback time is the time it takes to pay back ALL the energy that went into the project, from mining of minerals to make the steel to complete the full project being wind or solar or nuclear or hydro power etc.

Of all the research reports I have read the consesus for wind power projects is from 4 to 7 months payback time.

After this the wind project is CO2 negative and energy positive for the remaining life time.

• The story of Thane Heins is very similar to those of John Bedini, Shaun McCarthy (Steorn) and a few others.

They all don't have a full understanding of electromagnetism but have very smooth talks (or, if they do understand, they don't tell the full story).

All of them try to convince you that if you alter the magnetic properties of a core of a charged coil fast enough the energy gain of such coil can be harvested with a free energy surplus.

Following principles play a role here:

Energy of a coil Ecoil = 0.5 x L x I2 (L is coil value, I is current through coil)

Coil value L = μ x N2 x I / s (μ is permeability of coil core, N is number of coil turns, I is current through coil, s is length of coil)

Changing permeability (μ) using the B-H characteristics of the core material:

The steep part of the B-H curve (high permeability) is achieved by a low current value (and thus a low H value) through the coil.

The flat part of the B-H curve is achieved by high current through the coil

Their thinking is as follows:

1) Determine the amount of current through a coil such that the core is not yet magnetically saturated and thus has a high inductance value L and thus holds a high amount of coil energy (at μmax).

2) Then magnetically saturate the coil core by arranging a strong external magnetic field (e.g. using a strong permanent magnet) close to the coil core. This decreases the induction value L

3) Energize the coil by applying the amount of current through the coil as determined by 1).

4) Rapidly remove the external magnetic field, changing the permeability of the core from low to high. This will give a significant increase in inductance value due to a higher μ value.

5) The current in a charged coil can not change as fast as the change in permeability of the core, therefore the energy of the coil increases.

6) Harvest the surplus of energy of the coil.

7) Repeat steps 2 - 6

This seems very clever. There is however one important aspect that these gentleman do not realize, or at least do not communicate:

There is also energy stored in the magnetic field surrounding the coil (ouside the coil core).

As soon as the permeability of a coil core is altered, energy of the coil, energy of the surrounding magnetic field are interchanged.

In addition, it takes energy to alter the permeability of the coil's core.

The sum of coil energy + total magnetic field energy + energy required to alter the permeability of the coil core remains constant !!

• Hi Rob. I mentioned over on ECW that a very interested third party sent me a bundle of documents from this source, which I an a colleague spent a good while discussing and analysing. We recommended that the interested part observe social distancing.

• Being a Canadian I have always felt

if things are good in Alberta the

rest of the Country will prosper.

Now that is gone I don’t have that

same feeling.

https://business.financialpost…on-for-canadas-prosperity

https://vancouversun.com/opini…-will-take-time-and-money

• Hi Rob. I mentioned over on ECW that a very interested third party sent me a bundle of documents from this source, which I an a colleague spent a good while discussing and analysing. We recommended that the interested part observe social distancing.

Although I am not a native English speaker I think we both have similar advise ;).

A link to my analysis has been posted at ECW meanwhile. It's awaiting approval.

• Millions of years ago Canada had huge inland shallow seas with pristine sand beaches. Perfect for vacations except for the black flies. Then nature gone and did a huge oil spill on that beautiful sand. Canadians are only now trying to clean it up.

• Main reason why I'm upset with "renewables" of course is, that they increase net fossil fuel consumption, thus bringing all these life environment, geopolitical and health issues

No, they do not increase net fossil fuel consumption. Fossil fuel consumption, especially coal, is declining rapidly in the first world. What you are saying is nonsense. It is like claiming that nuclear power increases the use of coal. Many people have showed you why you are wrong about this. You are tiresome.

Alan

To know for sure if the inventor had

anything wouldn’t you have to spend time in the inventors lab with him

and his invention going over everything?