LENR vs Solar/Wind, and emerging Green Technologies.

• Solar farms are everywhere. Not just restricted to desert locations. Even if we assume there’s no risk for hail damage, we still have EOL disposal issues. This issue cannot be just swept under the rug. Solar and wind will be the energy source for a thriving civilization. The numbers don’t work. Why we have to debate this on LENR forum? This is not Solar pv forum. We are all here to provide a better solution for the world. Portable scalable dispatchable power will always win in a free market.

• Solar farms are everywhere. Not just restricted to desert locations. Even if we assume there’s no risk for hail damage, we still have EOL disposal issues. This issue cannot be just swept under the rug. Solar and wind will be the energy source for a thriving civilization. The numbers don’t work. Why we have to debate this on LENR forum? This is not Solar pv forum. We are all here to provide a better solution for the world. Portable scalable dispatchable power will always win in a free market.

these are marketable technologies, what do you have?

• Apart from anything else, different kinds of energy meet different needs.

If you live on the outskirts of Anchorage, Alaska with only a local or no grid network the LENR systems are a perfect solution to your energy needs.

Timbuctoo residents in central Sahara might prefer to have solar panels and some battery storage feeding the local grid.

If you live in Gruissan, France where the Tramontane winds blow from the NW for an average of 300 days a year with winds over 18 mph you might like wind power.

All systems pose problems for recycling, and LENR systems might well be no different. . If you imagine 1000 homes with 10kg's of LENR reactor each, that might be a problem when they need replacing because that is 10 tonnes of dispersed mixed electronics and metal hardware.

The truth is that we will probably end up adding LENR to a number of existing technologies, and that will be the case for a couple of decades to come.

• these are marketable technologies, what do you have?

That’s a very snooty response for the LENR forum. It’s the reason I work 28h a day. And in any case if you do the analysis the countries with higher solar and wind power actually have a higher carbon intensity so regardless of what we are developing or not, the point remains. Some form of nuclear will be the only way forward for humanity.

• The truth is that we will probably end up adding LENR to a number of existing technologies, and that will be the case for a couple of decades to come.

I doubt that. Cold fusion will be ~200 times cheaper than any other source of energy. Nothing will compete with it. No one pays $200 for something they can buy for $1.

Cold fusion generators will be mostly conventional heat engines and generators. That kind of equipment is nearly 100% recycled easily.

• That’s a very snooty response for the LENR forum. It’s the reason I work 28h a day. And in any case if you do the analysis the countries with higher solar and wind power actually have a higher carbon intensity so regardless of what we are developing or not, the point remains. Some form of nuclear will be the only way forward for humanity.

it's not snooty at all, it's present day reality, oh, and thanks for taking on my 28 hours a day to make things better. I just don't think it's heroic but I do agree some form of nuclear will be in the mix. Hydrogen is the future.

• And in any case if you do the analysis the countries with higher solar and wind power actually have a higher carbon intensity

Most countries refuse to raise a carbon tax. So big oil sells the damage to the people/state and medical gets the big earning...

It's a win win for the FM/F/R/B mafia as in their view normal people (99.99% of us) are just cattle that ends up in a sausage...

We (CH) have carbon taxes most likely because our current is carbon free and no industry profits depend on cheap current. But USA,GE,IN,CHN etc.. fully depend on dirt cheap current.

Of course nobody wants CF/LENR. The EU did spend all fake money to the old unsuccessful guard that never will find anything of importance as since > 30 years... Same for USA more or less...

• Jurge I understand why you are cynical but things are changing. I have friends in the oil business and they are most definitely not sending dark sunglassed dudes to kill LENR researchers. They are looking where the best place to invest their money is going to be. The bureaucrats are not quantum physics gurus nor are the oil executives. The discussions in the board room from direct sources is they don’t have any idea what product they will selling in the coming twenty years.

If you look at the global energy mix fossil fuels are increasing due to more wind and solar not decreasing. Why do you think Shell and BP are the biggest investors in wind and solar?

• it's not snooty at all, it's present day reality, oh, and thanks for taking on my 28 hours a day to make things better. I just don't think it's heroic but I do agree some form of nuclear will be in the mix. Hydrogen is the future.

The goal is not to be a hero. It’s to provide another option for humanity. Hydrogen is not an energy source and never will be in the chemical sense. LENR is the only way hydrogen will be commercially viable. Show me a hydrogen energy solution that is currently commercially viable to use your own argument.

• When we look at the UK’s big oil companies, Shell appears more hesitant to embrace net zero. While the company has made strides to flesh out an energy transition plan, it’s taken more of a ‘wait-and-see’ approach than its peers.

It seemed when the group’s former Head of Integrated Gas and Renewables Wael Sawan took over as CEO, the strategy would evolve in a cleaner direction. This doesn’t appear to be the case. Although Shell’s committed to net zero by 2050, its existing targets focus only on its own operations and don’t account for the carbon generated by energy it sells.

On 30 January, the group announced it would be combining Renewables and Energy Solutions with its Downstream business – think things like low-carbon energy solutions and electric vehicle charging services. However, it’s also home to the group’s Chemicals and Products arm, which manages refineries that turn crude oil into a range of products.

Renewables and Energy Solutions is equally confusing, given it still deals in natural gas, a fossil fuel. So, the separation between Shell’s fossil fuel plays and its low-carbon alternatives is murky, to say the least.

This has opened the door for greenwashing allegations and a subsequent complaint to the Securities and Exchange Commission. NGO Global Witness has accused Shell of misleading investors about its commitment to renewables by rolling everything into a division with an ambiguous title.

The group highlighted a $2.4bn investment in the division as a part of its transition strategy. But, Global Witness suggests the real figure, once spending on oil and gas has been stripped out, is more like $288m.

The greenwashing accusations don’t stop there.

Another organisation, ClientEarth, is suing Shell’s board of directors. They claim that by not taking the transition to net zero seriously, Shell is letting down its shareholders by overlooking an important risk. The lawsuit doesn’t have a direct financial impact on Shell as a company. However, it does shine a light on an important issue – is Shell managing the energy transition risk appropriately?

Recent comments from Sawan suggest the impact of net zero on its legacy oil and gas business has dropped down the list of priorities. He’s also exploring the possibility of walking back plans to cut oil output by 1-2% each year this decade.

• The goal is not to be a hero. It’s to provide another option for humanity. Hydrogen is not an energy source and never will be in the chemical sense. LENR is the only way hydrogen will be commercially viable. Show me a hydrogen energy solution that is currently commercially viable to use your own argument.

you are kidding right?

https://www.nationalgrid.com/s…%20achieving%20net%20zero.

I hope in the future lenr becomes viable but till that happens wind and solar along with fuel cell, and battery tech are taking us to the future

• Are we scientists here? Whence comes our data?

Here a Swiss map for severity of hail for once in 50 years :: https://www.bauernzeitung.ch/a…hr-schweizweit-ist-352410

dark red big balls...

Hail always is very local and 4x/100 is a high frequency for a specific location. But as the US map shows:: Climate change = 4x more often hail so far....

So all you need for PV is an insurance with a good premium.

• In Florida, over the last month hail is almost a daily occurrence. My roof is lined in solar panels and so far no damage. Most of the hail is pea to golfball size but on occasion baseball size and bigger. I'm lucky, my panals are included in my homeowners insurance. I pay a little extra but in the long run could be worth it.

• New Battery Beats Tesla's Lithium-Ion By A Mile With 100x Cheaper Price Tag, 100% Recyclable and Longer Lifespan

Airthium is at the forefront of a revolution in green technology. On a mission to tackle the climate crisis, Airthium aims to curtail the planet’s dependency on fossil fuels. At the core of their solution is an innovative heat engine designed to reduce a remarkable 33% of the world’s direct CO2 emissions.

Airthium's heat engine is able to convert electricity to heat and vice versa, at temperatures of up to 550°C. This process is performed with exceptional efficiency, low cost, minimal maintenance, and crucially, zero carbon emissions. By achieving these targets, Airthium has the potential to revolutionize both industrial heat and electric power generation sectors, responsible for 50% of the world’s direct CO2 emissions.

Subscribe to our newsletter

It's sent once a month, you can unsubscribe at anytime!

View archive of previous newsletters

* indicates required

Your email address will be used to send you email newsletters only. See our Privacy Policy for more information.

Our Partners

Supporting researchers for over 20 years
Want to Advertise or Sponsor LENR Forum?
CLICK HERE to contact us.